Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Mislabeled Ultimate Fallout 4 as Facsimile17447

Collector Bender3455 private msg quote post Address this user
I actually had a 1st Print Newsstand Edition labeled as a Facsimile Edition.
Already submitted a ticket, but keep an eye out on your books. Never thought CGC would make these kind of errors.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Chewy private msg quote post Address this user
From YouTube videos they have been labelling some facsimile as the standard first print. Seems to be all kinds of messed up over this book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
definitely a problem requiring a correction.....CGC will make good on their error.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bender3455 wow, I know another forum member sold a 9.4 newsstand recently for around $12,000. Great book!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@flanders Wow! I know the Newsstand version (of any book at a high grade) are more rare, but I never knew that people value the Newsstand version of this at such a higher price! I figured it'd go for around the same as a 9.6 Direct Edition.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll give you $150 for it right now. More than double FMV for 9.8 facsimile 😉
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Blackhawk273 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, it was my 9.4 newsstand that sold at MCS for $12,000. I think the last 9.6 sold for $10,000, so who knows what your 9.6 would get at this point?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bender3455 well if you're going to sell once it gets back from CGC I wouldn't list it for less than $25k. I'd also get a collector's insurance policy if you don't already have one and confirm with CGC what the comic is insured for when you resubmit it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender3455
Never thought CGC would make these kind of errors.

Oh yeah?

These books are among the TWENTY-SEVEN returns that I sent back to The Other Guy for various and sundry reasons. It took me months (four, to be exact) to get their CS to respond, so the rejects kept piling up. It was unbelievable.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
@Bender3455 Newsstands were more common until the mid 1980's. The Ultimate Fallout was one of the last Newsstands so there are maybe 5% as many as Hobby. Extremely rare to find in high grade. Especially since they on display in a retail store. Most likely a bookstore.
Post 10 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Never thought they made those kind of errors?
Lol... Go read the "Where was quality Control" thread over on their forum. Funniest thread on the Internet.

Until then, check this out...

Post 11 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Already submitted a ticket, but keep an eye out on your books. Never thought CGC would make these kind of errors.

i check labels from all 3 grading places

cgc made a error 2 times already

cbcs zero errors on labels for me and also zero errors from the other place whos name i wont say
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@flanders Wow! I know the Newsstand version (of any book at a high grade) are more rare, but I never knew that people value the Newsstand version of this at such a higher price! I figured it'd go for around the same as a 9.6 Direct Edition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarak
@Bender3455 Newsstands were more common until the mid 1980's. The Ultimate Fallout was one of the last Newsstands so there are maybe 5% as many as Hobby. Extremely rare to find in high grade. Especially since they on display in a retail store. Most likely a bookstore.

It’s also an error book. The Newsstand UF4 is notated as “Black Panther” on the upc box. Double whammy.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd That's hilarious. I can even understand mine being mislabeled, but yours are so obvious.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Blackhawk273 Congrats on your 9.4 sale! I'm sure you were pretty stoked with the 12k. After doing some research, I think @flanders is right; this book could be waaaay up there in value. The funny thing is, I would have never known if it hadn't come back mislabled as facsimile.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd That's hilarious. I can even understand mine being mislabeled, but yours are so obvious.

Right?! I was floored when I got those back from CGC. Where was QC? I can see screwing up a book or two, but this was ALL of them (there are actually more than just the ones pictured).
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarak

It’s also an error book. The Newsstand UF4 is notated as “Black Panther” on the upc box. Double whammy.

It's not an error, more so cost savings or laziness. Alot of newsstands that late in Marvels newsstand life cycle had the name of a differing book in the barcode. I remember reading an article that to keep costs down they used a "borrowed" upc label. A lot of my newsstands and duplicates I've posted in the modern newstand thread showcase this.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
I actually ran across someone selling a mislabel from CGC and advertising it as "rare" and upped the price on it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
I actually ran across someone selling a mislabel from CGC and advertising it as "rare" and upped the price on it.

From what I've heard, CGC will actually blackball you and forbid you from using their service if you pull a stunt like that. I recently posted a grading screw-up from CGC on this forum and nowhere else, and a couple days later, I got a call from a CGC rep offering to fix the problem for free and give me a $100 credit.

I think the "rare" claim is amusing. I've had a bunch of errors from them! There's nothing 'rare' about it!
Post 19 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
this is why cgc sucks. the only thing left for them was the prestige...but now they have as much presitge as pile of crap
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
this is why cgc sucks. the only thing left for them was the prestige...but now they have as much presitge as pile of crap
they have QC issues unaddressed after many years of customer grievances (Newton rings) and my experience with CGC slabs that I have purchased has been less than satisfactory. I believe I have one left I sold and traded the others. I know; but the book not the slab, but I should be comfortable with the device(s) protecting that book. That said; I’ve also been apprehensive of submitting to CBCS. CBCS has yet to deliver bare ass minimum CS. Our only support after coming here is a lone Mod. I have 10 small potato books waiting in the wings just because I don’t have time to deal with any issues and I have yet to confirm how I get Express Pressing. I could probably have my books back by the time they fix CS, but irrational uncertainty is outweighing rational thought; the former is tipping the scales.
Post 21 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

What tier did you submit it under? The value discrepancy between these 2 books is thousands even without newsstand designation. Should’ve been a walk-thru.

I’ll also use this as another chance to plead with CBCS @sborock to recognize newsstand editions past 1999! It’s becoming big money differences for key issues.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Never thought CGC would make these kind of errors.

Oh yeah?

These books are among the TWENTY-SEVEN returns that I sent back to The Other Guy for various and sundry reasons. It took me months (four, to be exact) to get their CS to respond, so the rejects kept piling up. It was unbelievable.

how's that even possible? either a blind man slabbed them or a machine did with a guy distracted
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
how's that even possible? either a blind man slabbed them or a machine did with a guy distracted

I am at such a loss. I can understand things like screwing up a 2nd vs. 3rd printing or a variant on a book with a dozen+ variants, but Superman for Batman and vice versa? Was it 'bring your kid to work' day at CGC and someone thought letting illiterate tykes slab a few comics would make for a bonding experience?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

I am at such a loss. I can understand things like screwing up a 2nd vs. 3rd printing or a variant on a book with a dozen+ variants, but Superman for Batman and vice versa? Was it 'bring your kid to work' day at CGC and someone thought letting illiterate tykes slab a few comics would make for a bonding experience?

facsmile vs regular....I can get a little. you have to pay close attention (red marvel box, size of barcode, etc) but there is no excuse. Its your job to look at tiny details. but mixing up what comic goes in what? I mean clearly that batman goes in the batman slab...and superman in the superman. issue # maybe...but series?
Post 25 IP   flag post
@power_struggle55 I agree, if grading comics was my job, it seems there'd be a simple checklist I follow after grading a book to make sure everything lines up.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe the people making these errors

were

trained

here.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector PDGray private msg quote post Address this user
Wow...

just wow...

PDG
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Poop happens, and everyone's poop stinks.

It all results in the owner having to resend the slab if they want it fixed. I seriously doubt anyone here ever did so with great big bright heart-warming smiles on their face.

For the record, I'm not against the informative intent of the thread. It's definitely something to look for. And I'll readily admit their poop is runnier these days. This is just a reminder that the same mistakes happen here, and perhaps for the same reasons.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone care to disclose their observations of percentage of errors between the 2 based on their personal submissions?

Everyone makes mistakes, but there's this concept called probabilities.
I use both companies and it is not even close.... not even close from what I have obtained from both.

I have been on the CBCS frustration/anger train for 3 weeks now; and they deserve it.
But the probability and likelihood of a quality delivered product from CBCS is not one of the reasons
Post 30 IP   flag post
600802 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?