Last Updated: February 17, 2016
CBCS Message Board Community Rules
The following conduct is not allowed on the CBCS Message Board unless otherwise noted. The decision to moderate such conduct will be made at the sole discretion of the Site moderators and administrators.
- Illegal Activity: Communications that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed.
- Offensive Material: Users may not transmit or encourage others to transmit material or links to content considered patently offensive in nature. This includes, but is not limited to, using vulgar, profane, or sexually explicit language in reference to race, religion, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, disability, nationality, or gender as a means of insult; violent material; using threatening, harassing, defamatory, hate-speech, or libelous language; and posting, requesting, linking to, or otherwise sharing material considered pornographic, obscene, graphic, or hate speech. Failing to abide by a warning that material or terms are offensive or prohibited is a violation. The decision on what materials are offensive is ultimately decided by the moderators of the forum, and their decision is final.
- Flooding, Invading, Disruptive Behavior: Behavior that disrupts the CBCS Message Board for other users, intentional or not, is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: messages or topic titles that force browsers to scroll horizontally; large blank or content-free messages; [posting misleading or disruptive links]; posting identical or near-identical messages or topics; or nonsensical messages in a single or multiple topics. Flooding a board as a group with topics or messages; instigating, participating in, or retaliating in an invasion of a message board or any other online service; announcing or inciting any conflict with the regular members of this, or any other message board. Posting a link to a third-party site where an invasion is even remotely likely will be considered an invasion.
- SPAM: Spam is unsolicited or undesired electronic messages. These messages are not permitted on the CBCS Message Board, neither in public nor in private messages. Likewise, it is a violation of these Terms of Service to create and account with the intent of distributing these messages. It is at the discretion of the moderator to suspend or ban accounts that SPAM our message board.
- Impersonation: Impersonating other users by creating and/or using a user account with a name clearly intended to impersonate, mock, or antagonize another user, copying another user's profile information and/or signature, or otherwise falsely claiming to be another member is strictly prohibited.
- Harassment/Stalking/Privacy: Continual harassing behavior directed towards a certain individual or group by another individual or group with the intent of creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment on the CBCS Message Board, with or without use of explicit or implicit threats, is strictly prohibited. Posting contact or other private information of any person [Forum Services user or not] is also prohibited.
In addition, CBCS may permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend, or otherwise refuse to permit your access to the Forum Services without notice and liability, if, in CBCS' sole determination, you violate any provision of the Agreement, including by carrying out any of the following prohibited actions:
- Attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Forum Services;
- Taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Forum Services;
- Impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity;
- Interfering with the proper working of the Forum Services; or,
- Bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Forum
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. CBCS shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User's action or inaction.
Violations and Penalties
Messages and topics may be removed at any time and for any reason at the sole discretion of our editors and designated moderators. User's message board accounts and/or privileges may be warned, suspended, or revoked at any time and for any reason at the sole discretion of our editors, administrators, and our designated moderators. All determinations of what is "acceptable" and "unacceptable" content will be determined solely by our editors and moderators. Their decision is final.
Intentional, repeated, or severe violations are cause for the banning of your CBCS Message Board account, all use of the CBCS Message Board from your IP address or your entire ISP. In such event, we also reserve the right to contact your ISP concerning your activities. If your activities are deemed dangerous or illegal, we reserve the right to contact the appropriate authorities and share any of your personal information with them if required for the purposes of a legal investigation.