Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSP

Label on my verified signature is not correct16096

Collector Crash2025 private msg quote post Address this user
I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their verified signature label. I sent in two books. One was Ultimate X-Men #1 with Adam Kubert's signature and the second was Wolverine: The Origin #1 signed by Andy Kubert. My Wolverine Origins came back with no issue but Ultimate X-Men came back with a label saying it was signed by Andy Kubert not Adam Kubert. I'm assuming someone just forgot to change the name when they made my label. I've emailed and called customer service but no one has gotten back to me. Has anyone ran into a similar issue?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
You should give customer service up to 3 weeks to return your email. If it's been that long than post again here tomorrow and maybe someone from CBCS will respond to you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It has been over a month since I contacted customer service and I have not heard back from them.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Crash2025 - due to cust serv backlog, you should send it back to CBCS for a reholder. Use the re-holder submission form and Put in a note clearly explaining the issue so you won’t be charged and also include how much the shipping was so you can get a credit. Or you can just wait for cust serv to send you a label. I would just send in for reholder.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Crash2025 Please DM me and I will give you my email and will have someone help you out.
Post 5 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash2025
It has been over a month since I contacted customer service and I have not heard back from them.

...said most people who have contacted customer service.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I've called, emailed (customer service and the regional sales manager) multiple times and I have yet to hear back on when my issue will be fixed. Initially the regional sales manager did reach out through email, almost a month ago, to fix the issue and I replied with all the information requested and I have received no communication after that point. I'm hoping this forum post will spark some renewal in my issue.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Crash2025 did you DM @sborock ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
@Crash2025 Please DM me and I will give you my email and will have someone help you out.

to DM/PM just click on the envelope next to his name on his post
Post 8 IP   flag post
I did DM Mr. Borock and he put me in contact with the regional sales manager through email. We exchanged one email and I explained everything and have heard nothing since.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Crash2025, DM Mr. Borock again. You've fallen through the proverbial cracks.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
This should be embarrassing to CBCS. Not only are their phone reps non-existent, but now people are getting ghosted by higher ups. Terrible service.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
This is why CBCS needs to have a minimum job size or minimum annual commitment from customers. Every job they take in comes with liability and potential for re-work or additional costs. People are returning slabs simply because they have scratches on them while we all wait 6-7 months to get our books back. That needs to be factored into the pricing or required level of commitment. My company charges competitive prices but we have a $1,500 minimum job size. We're not selling a product, we're selling a service and when you sell a service things will inevitably go wrong from time to time. We don't want to take on that responsibility for anything less than $1,500 per customer.
Post 12 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
This is why CBCS needs to have a minimum job size or minimum annual commitment from customers. Every job they take in comes with liability and potential for re-work or additional costs. People are returning slabs simply because they have scratches on them while we all wait 6-7 months to get our books back. That needs to be factored into the pricing or required level of commitment. My company charges competitive prices but we have a $1,500 minimum job size. We're not selling a product, we're selling a service and when you sell a service things will inevitably go wrong from time to time. We don't want to take on that responsibility for anything less than $1,500 per customer.

The minimum annual contract is the membership fee. If you go the free route then prices are higher.
If that's not enough to cover all the returned merch, then they need to raise it.
Of course, that higher cost may put themselves on par with CGC and they'll lose business.

But as for this...

Quote:
People are returning slabs simply because they have scratches on them while we all wait 6-7 months to get our books back.

Why not? If an item comes scratched, get it fixed.
Your choice to submit books knowing the long turnarounds is a separate issue from people wanting their damaged cases fixed. If you're saying they get in the way, then we're back to discussing an understaffed company.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their verified signature label. I sent in two books. One was Ultimate X-Men #1 with Adam Kubert's signature and the second was Wolverine: The Origin #1 signed by Andy Kubert. My Wolverine Origins came back with no issue but Ultimate X-Men came back with a label saying it was signed by Andy Kubert not Adam Kubert. I'm assuming someone just forgot to change the name when they made my label. I've emailed and called customer service but no one has gotten back to me. Has anyone ran into a similar issue?

Does this company do anything correct or in any timely manner.
they make a mistake and you have to troll on message boards for help.
i feel sorry for us who gave them any business.

we first have to wait undue long times, they make a mistake which is fine it happens and you have to hope they ever get back to you.

this is utter nonsense
Post 14 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:

The minimum annual contract is the membership fee. If you go the free route then prices are higher.
If that's not enough to cover all the returned merch, then they need to raise it.
Of course, that higher cost may put themselves on par with CGC and they'll lose business.

But as for this...

Quote:
People are returning slabs simply because they have scratches on them while we all wait 6-7 months to get our books back.

exactly i pay for the service and if my book comes back with a case that is nicked or scratched why should i keep this and try and sell it to one of my customers.
People need to realize this service is a business and they are not our friends.
this whole love affair posts about how great cbcs is compared to cgc is a joke.

Why not? If an item comes scratched, get it fixed.
Your choice to submit books knowing the long turnarounds is a separate issue from people wanting their damaged cases fixed. If you're saying they get in the way, then we're back to discussing an understaffed company.
Post 15 IP   flag post
exactly i pay for the service and if my book comes back with a case that is nicked or scratched why should i keep this and try and sell it to one of my customers.
Post 16 IP   flag post
word of advice to cbcs

step up your game big time.

if you lose the trust of the comic community you will lose sales.

customer service needs to step up there game .

lets go
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980

If CBCS doesn't ban people with your mindset from using their services then they get what they have coming to them. The sad part is they will ultimately drive away good customers like myself while spending resources trying to service unreasonable and un-loyal customers.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

If CBCS doesn't ban people with your mindset from using their services then they get what they have coming to them. The sad part is they will ultimately drive away good customers like myself while spending resources trying to service unreasonable and un-loyal customers.

CBCS should ban people for complaining about not getting a quality product? I honestly believe a business gets better when customers can complain about a true service concern. You can't fix what you don't know is broken.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

we first have to wait undue long times, they make a mistake which is fine it happens and you have to hope they ever get back to you.

this is utter nonsense

I think this is a bit extreme.
I understand you're frustrated but I think they do a lot of things right. More accurate grading, better cases, better pricing, etc, etc. (all my own opinion, based on a lot of evidence). Sure, customer support is lacking and has a bad reputation on YT/IG/etc. But everything else, from what I've seen, looks pretty good.
I'll know more once I get my July submission back, but I don't agree that it's as bad as you're saying.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

really . ban me
you sound like a utter idiot

why because i feel the guy got a horrible call back.
You make zero sense on any fronts.
i am allowed to make my opinion just like you can.
and funny all you do is post up bully remarks.
I am just stating what i see.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
Quote:

CBCS should ban people for complaining about not getting a quality product? I honestly believe a business gets better when customers can complain about a true service concern. You can't fix what you don't know is broken.

exactly
if we dont complain then they will never realize what is pissing customers off.
people need to grow up when they post up in here and respect others
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

my mindset is this little kid.

cbcs needs to step up there issues just like this case.

if you dont like it who cares.
funny all you do is make bully remarks about anything that is negative against cbcs.
you are a troll in this forum
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

you make zero sense

loyal

so many people are complain about lack of support over the phones.
Its a major issue.
and on top of this you have the nerve to question someone returning a case to be fixed becuase it was damaged.
thats like you buying a tv and your screen only has a tiny crack in it. you know what keep the tv its small the crack
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Quote:

this is utter nonsense

I think this is a bit extreme.
I understand you're frustrated but I think they do a lot of things right. More accurate grading, better cases, better pricing, etc, etc. (all my own opinion, based on a lot of evidence). Sure, customer support is lacking and has a bad reputation on YT/IG/etc. But everything else, from what I've seen, looks pretty good.
I'll know more once I get my July submission back, but I don't agree that it's as bad as you're saying.

The phone support needs help.
i have 3 orders in first one is in may first week still says grading.
i want to send in more orders but i am worried about the slowness on so many fronts .
and the bad phone support does not help either.
I felt bad for this guy who had to post up in forums to get help with a error.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

and you answered your own question.
drive away customers like yourself.
if you feel inclined to say that remark. then it leads me to think you are unhappy with the service.

ironic
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:

funny all you do is make bully remarks about anything that is negative against cbcs.

Quote:
if you feel inclined to say that remark. then it leads me to think you are unhappy with the service.

ironic

You are right. Allowing guys like you to stay on the forum and toss gasoline on the flames of any customer service issue does, over time, have a negative impact on my feelings towards CBCS. In my eyes they lose credibility as a company if they wont do basic housekeeping. Did you really just call me "little kid"?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

ironic

You are right. Allowing guys like you to stay on the forum and toss gasoline on the flames of any customer service issue does, over time, have a negative impact on my feelings towards CBCS. In my eyes they lose credibility as a company if they wont do basic housekeeping. Did you really just call me "little kid"?

oh wait so anyone that speaks there mind on a topic and heaven forbid its not to your liking and its for the better of the company to voice our minds its bad. While we the paying customer support the company by sending in orders but cant voice there minds about issues.
you just want to silence anyone that you deem not to your liking real professional.

please give it a rest
i see tons of posts about negative remarks about the other 2 grading company's and i dont post up ban them.
stop being such a fan boy
Post 28 IP   flag post
contrary to your belief i support cbcs and want them to grow even bigger.

i am just voicing my mind on this topic
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
you've voiced it over a dozen posts now...time to move on.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601462 42 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?