Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPGrading Help Needed

CBCS screwed up my slabbing and won’t respond16125

Collector Patrickjones2549 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. I sent some books to CBCS to be slabbed. One came back slabbed backwards, and it was a witnessed signature! I have sent several emails to CBCS over the past weeks and even called, but have not received a response. This is ridiculous. Can anyone help?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector sleeperbat private msg quote post Address this user
Wow , that sucks man!
Post 2 IP   flag post
@sleeperbat Exactly. No wonder people favor CGC more.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@Patrickjones2549 except CGC has been just as bad from what I’ve been seeing
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31

I’m sure, but I’ve never had any problems with them. They’ve always been prompt and accurate.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@Patrickjones2549 as I’ve had luck with both. It I think with the huge flux of submissions it’s bitten both CGC and CBCS when they are trying to kick out submissions. I know we expect them not to mess up but it happens. As long as they make it right which hopefully someone here can get it done.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Patrickjones2549 as I’ve had luck with both. It I think with the huge flux of submissions it’s bitten both CGC and CBCS when they are trying to kick out submissions. I know we expect them not to mess up but it happens. As long as they make it right which hopefully someone here can get it done.

I fully expect human error, as with any job. What I also expect is the company that made the error provide a reasonable solution in a timely manner. It’s been almost a month since my first email, and, two subsequent emails and a phone call later, I’ve heard nothing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
Try messaging Steve borock and Darryl Hayden on Facebook. When I had an issue I eventually reached out to Steve, he fixed it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
That is bad 😳, I would return the item hopefully on receiving it they would rectify the problem immediately and refund your postage.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like no one is inspection there work just pushing them out the door as fast as they can.I see why I can't get any response on my order.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Speed is absolutely an issue here and really needs to be addressed. Since my first two submissions AGES ago, I wont be sending stuff in myself until all of this kind of nonsense gets resolved. I'll just continue to buy other peoples books who are taking all the ass ache risk.

Someone will see this on the forums and get back to you about fixing it, Im sure. Albeit slow, they will respond. But this is really the kind of thing that should never happen to anyone.

CGC is no better imo.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
The difference between CBCS and cgc right now is that if cgc screws up, you can call them, get a prepaid label and get it fixed. CBCS you have to jump through hoops and hope to reach a high up person in the company to get an issue resolved. Huge problem
Post 12 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickjones2549
Quote:

I’m sure, but I’ve never had any problems with them. They’ve always been prompt and accurate.

Sorry, but no. CGC is just as bad. I have had a book with them, planted firmly in the Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging phase, since JUNE. They do not respond to emails at all. Trust me, the other side of the fence is no better.
@Patrickjones2549 That book is really sweet! I'm sure it'll get sorted out. It just takes time (and some frustration).
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Patrickjones2549 Please DM me here and we will get you squared away.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
@Patrickjones2549 Please DM me here and we will get you squared away.

Hi! Thank you so much for taking my request. How do we go about getting this fixed?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Please message me on the forum and we will take it from there.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Oh look; someone responded. Weird.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Patrickjones2549 Still need to hear from you.
If you're not sure how to reach me, you click on the envelope icon of my post and you can send me a message.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash Thankfully, after almost a month!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Send it back and get them to put the label in backwards too, that should fix it.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
to be honest - not being familiar with the book I can easily see how one could mistake front for back. Both have the logo, both have the issue # and creative team listed and the front has the UPC code (usually on the front)- now I get that it opens left to right but I assume by the time it's ready to go into the slab it is sealed so the person putting the slab together might not know - seems like an easy mistake.

Oh - signatures you say!! ...welll....I had Bill Shattner sign the back of my Star Trek #1 (cause it had his photo on it) - so I wouldn't say signatures aren't necessarily a give away)
Post 21 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 22 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck I wouldn’t be surprised.
Post 23 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
to be honest - not being familiar with the book I can easily see how one could mistake front for back. Both have the logo, both have the issue # and creative team listed and the front has the UPC code (usually on the front)- now I get that it opens left to right but I assume by the time it's ready to go into the slab it is sealed so the person putting the slab together might not know - seems like an easy mistake.

Only one side has artwork.

They should have someone QC'ing after the slabbing is complete. Of course... after they add a CS dept first.

Very admirable in your attempt to defend this, but no.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, but no. CGC is just as bad.

He said he's never had a problem with them, not that they don't have problems.
Post 25 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@sleeperbat Exactly. No wonder people favor CGC more.

Quality Control is definitely not a reason anyone prefers CGC.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Patrickjones2549 Is this your first submission to CBCS?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector dennisqdw private msg quote post Address this user
Having recently, and for the first time sent off some books to both CGC and CBCS, I'd like to add my 2c. Neither company ran as smoothly as I would have liked. However, CGC has support staff that answers the phones, are on location (more or less from what I could tell) and ranged from somewhat helpful to very helpful. I would receive email responses with full contact information. One of my CGC slabs came back cracked, I called them and immediately got return directions and a prepaid postage label. (granted that it will be months before I get it back ...)

CBCS often didn't answer the phone, and the support staff (off-shore I'm fairly certain, which is not necessarily a problem, but they couldn't ever reach anyone at the home office) literally failed to answer any question that I ever had, and had no contact information. With a great deal of effort I was able to reach Kendra who I give 5 stars to for her help. That said, it should not have been as difficult as it was. If Steve Borock is still reading this, I'd tell you that you really ought to consider hiring some real support staff.

For what it's worth however, In both cases I paid extra for the fastest turnaround time, and CBCS was much much faster. So points to them for that.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@dennisqdw just so you know, if nothing has changed the last two weeks or so, CBCS is actively looking for customer service people. And they have been looking and hiring new people in all areas, with six new people being hired in the last month or so (but no one for customer service yet). However, you have to take into consideration that the number of submissions each month is surpassing the number of submissions the previous month (according to Steve Ricketts recently). Make of it what you will, but CBCS is aware of the issues and are attempting to correct them.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Another tempest in a very tiny teapot. Steve said he would handle it, its clearly an honest mistake. I agree the customer service should and could be much better and the process streamlined and made so that this sort of thing can be resolved rapidly. Once you get past that though, the denigrating, and horse beating are not really productive.
Both companies make mistakes, and just as much as the other guy. CGC does seem to have a better angle on customer service apparently, but you also have to question some of their actions and tactics ie. lining the floors and shelves of their new facility with over a years backlog of grading needing done, while soliciting endless new signings and the promise those books will be done in a given timeframe instead of the waiting backlog.
Six of one, half a dozen of another. I do like the new CBCS cases and the optics much better than CGC , and if they ever do sort this customer service thing they are going to be a really tough force to beat in the market
Post 30 IP   flag post
601328 61 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?