Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver AgeKirby

How my Avengers #4 turned out...16795

Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I asked for advice about grading a hole-punched copy of Avengers #4 that I had.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/14060/page/1/avengers-4grade-or-not/

Just got it back. Here is how it came out. I did have it pressed. I am pretty happy actually.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice

Thanks for the follow-up post.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Presents well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Aside from the holes it's actually a pretty nice book. Fantastic colour!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Actually looks good and thanks for following up. Actually some good info going into the future.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck @Briten @Byrdibyrd @Puckster

Having the book pressed really cleaned up the white. It does look better than when it was raw.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice Awesome man!!! Great book that's totally worth getting slabbed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice - Congratulations; best looking 2.0 out there!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Supermole private msg quote post Address this user
Glad you posted! I have a very nice key early spider-man book in the same situation, BUT I think my was 3 hole punched. I never graded it because I thougt it would be useless.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
at a convention in nov I saw a copy of detective comics #27 (first appearance of Batman) with a 0.5 grade. Had a lot of hole punches for I think $750,000

I think regardless of grade and reasoning its still worth it to the right buyer.

Happy you are happy with grade
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I would be happy with that 2.0 also.

Looks great in that CBCS case.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector david75090 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm new to having my books slabbed/graded and recently got an order back. Now my mindset has changed about my comics. I'm not looking at them as "comics" but as "something to be displayed", since they're now in display cases and won't be read. They're art-objects. You have a display of a copy of Avengers #4, and it looks great. My intention for getting my comics graded was to sell, but now? Mine look great in their cases too.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@david75090 Welcome to the forum!
Post 13 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by david75090
I'm new to having my books slabbed/graded and recently got an order back. Now my mindset has changed about my comics. I'm not looking at them as "comics" but as "something to be displayed", since they're now in display cases and won't be read. They're art-objects. You have a display of a copy of Avengers #4, and it looks great. My intention for getting my comics graded was to sell, but now? Mine look great in their cases too.

i did my first submission back in nov. Im too in the part of my hobby as looking at my nearly 3000 issue collection as an investment. My top valuable issue is secret wars #8 signed by Jim Shooter, Mike Zeck and John Beatty. Its ungraded because id need to pay the fee to get them authenticated (I know they are 100% legit. got them signed myself) and because of value alone would cost more then the average comic. But Im happy to have it in my collection none the less even if ungraded
Post 14 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice sweet
Post 15 IP   flag post
598080 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?