CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
CBCS Collectors SetsCBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Golden AgeComics Pedigrees

SHOW N TELL Golden Beauties normal to odd148

Collector outlawmonster private msg quote post Address this user
Needs a good press and cleaning!


Post 51 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
How about three books that feature Superman, but each cover shows more than one Superman!




Post 52 • IP   flag post
Collector outlawmonster private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Love the old Superman
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Collector outlawmonster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 54 • IP   flag post
Collector outlawmonster private msg quote post Address this user
@Marc_1 I love that cover!
Post 55 • IP   flag post


Collector outlawmonster private msg quote post Address this user



Post 56 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 57 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 58 • IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@outlawmonster Cool. Those Crime covers are something special.
Post 59 • IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurJ
Bought this around 2002 on ebay. It was in the wrong category.




Tough book to find in any grade! Congrats!
Post 60 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's another Crime Does Not Pay. Yes, it's a very busy cover.


Post 61 • IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry about the image quality, I dont have a scanner yet. I have a very small golden age collection, these are some of my best looking.





Post 62 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Just what a kid back in the 40's needed to know to time setting a building on fire so could get the heck out.


Post 63 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Die cut coloring book. Larger than a magazine.


Post 64 • IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 65 • IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 66 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 67 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 68 • IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 69 • IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Found this one digging around last night. Great looking book except for that stupid chunk missing.
Post 70 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 71 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 72 • IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 73 • IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 74 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 75 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 76 • IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Will probably crack this out and have CBCS slab it to see what they think. Personally, I think CGC under graded the book. Which was great for me buying it, but still I think it presents better than a 5.0.


Post 77 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 78 • IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 79 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user




This is pretty rare. About magazine size in dimension. thin paper. I have two of these from 1939. each has a different store advertisement. I guess you could get them printed up by Disney with your store name in white box area. Don't know if any others are in really nice condition.

Here is what I found online.
Presented is this 1939 Department Store Christmas Promotional Comic Giveaway themed on Pinocchio. This book has numerous pictures that were made using posed pieces of Animation Plaster Models used by animators as they drew characters for Pinocchio. T is also a Mickey Sieberling Rubber piece in the last Christmas Tree Picture. The figures were posed againstsome specially prepared Studio Art Backgrounds made for this promotion.
Post 80 • IP   flag post
657131 83 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?