Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL Week 1 Chat Thread - Predictions, picks and brags9971

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Just checking in. Whew that Dolphins game was embarrassingly bad and they're playing New England next weekend. I don't blame some of them for already wanting out of their contracts
Post 51 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp have fun at Ford Field this coming Sunday!!! The Vikes have to play an away game with the Chargers in December. That one concerns me already!! I actually expect both teams to be playoff contenders at that point.

My biggest surprise was Vinatieri missing two field goals and an extra point for the Colts!! They ended up losing in OT. I can't imagine how he must feel today!!!

And yeah, the Steelers losing Brown definitely is going to effect them this year. Smith-Schuster is good, but he hasn't shown that x-factor that the greats seem to have. He's not a play maker.

The Pats game last night I quit watching somewhere during the second quarter. Then I watched it during the commercials of another tv show. But I happened to catch that false start live and just laughed my butt off. The center had gone out with an injury and that was the replacement center in that clip. He had just gone in ad I was kind of expecting to see the Pats blitz with a new man on the line. So when everyone moved and he stood up, turned around and lifted his hands like "Where did you all go?", I lost it!!! I'm sure my neighbors heard me on that one!!

I'm looking forward to watching the games tonight.
Post 52 IP   flag post
INCREDIBLE!!!! The Texans/Saints game was awesome!!!!! I thought the Texans had the Saints. Great game to watch though!!!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Jesse. The funniest part about that penalty was the way the center held his position for several seconds even after all the players on both teams were moving around him. Hilarious 😂! Saints/ Texans is definitely the game of the week so far. Definitely makes up for the dog they put on Sunday night.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Final card.

Here's the number correct from our picks. Everyone got a tie, these are wins.

Myself - 9
Lonestar - 12
StudleyDudley - 10
michaelkrupp - 14
iggykoopa30 - 9
PhantomEwan - 11
Flanders - 11

I just counted one time, so everyone may want to doublecheck that I counted their scores correct.

Congrats to michaelkrupp for picking an impressive 14 wins!!!!! Are you an oddsmaker in Vegas??? LOL
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Nope, just living proof that it’s better to be lucky than good. Since the law of averages is also a thing, I won’t be surprised if I totally bomb next week’s picks😉.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
INCREDIBLE!!!! The Texans/Saints game was awesome!!!!! I thought the Texans had the Saints. Great game to watch though!!!

That was a fun game to watch. And since I'm not a fan of either team, there is no letdown.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Week 2 Card?
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan
Week 2 Card?

week 2 thread
Post 59 IP   flag post
601455 59 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?