Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Soooo, has fedex ever "lost" your cbcs order?9638

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I've been waiting on an order to arrive. It contains a 2x signed copy of Sandman #1(I've talked about it in another thread). It was supposed yo be delivered Saturday-but i wasn't home. I asked them to send it to a fedex authorized pick up spot after that. Now there has been no update of any kind. I called fed ex and now they have "initiated a trace" I'm having a heart attack...what happens if your order disappeard. Has anyone else experienced this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I haven’t lost a package yet but I have had cases where the fedex guy signed for my package without authorization and left it at my house. He left it at an odd location so I was freaked out for an hour or two until I found it.

Good luck! I hope it turns up!
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I personally have not but for sure it happens. this is where the insured amount is critical. Good luck and I hope they find your books!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite This is my only issue with FedEx. Either having packages requiring a signature left on my doorstep or having the FedEx person ring the bell and leave before giving me a chance to get down the stairs.

Both seem to point to haste or laziness. I have yet to have any package from them go missing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I personally have not but for sure it happens. this is where the insured amount is critical. Good luck and I hope they find your books!!

Yeah...I think I put 400 on it...but i honestly dont remember. But I put that 400 on it when I thought it was only signed by Gaiman...when it got to cbcs they told me it was signed by Sam Keith too...so who knows what it's really worth now
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
In 17 years of using FedEx, mostly Ground, never has a shipment been lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected. I do hope that you get your treasure very soon.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@drchaos For that reason I’ve been having all my orders routed to a WallGreens that’s on my way home from work
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Smart!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I had a Fedex package rerouted to Walgreens and it took a few extra days to get there.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So. This has nothing to do with losing a package, but I thought this might be useful info.

If you use another person or company's FedEx number, and have signature confirmation on the order. Only the person or company that owns that number can make a change. (Say you screwed up and omitted a letter in an address)

Yes. This happened to me. And even with store manager of office depot, FedEx still put up a long fight.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
The issue I had was that my comics where supposed to arrive on a Monday from the eastern part of the country. They left from Los Angeles 3 consecutive days each time stating “out for delivery” and each time it returned to the same depot until the 4th day it left and finally arrived at my home. I was getting nervous towards the end.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, this has happened to me several times. I stopped using fedex and started using registered mail instead. Haven’t had any problems since. Books always arrive on the delivery date. I don’t have too look all over on my property for them and they always deliver before 12 noon too.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Yeah...I just talked to the "trace" expert. They legit have no idea where it is. They made me tell them what's in it even "in case the label is missing"....I think it might be a goner boys...

In other words ISO sandman 1 2x signed 9.2 or higher
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
That BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that man!!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I've had some close calls with FedEX and always choose UPS USPS when it's an option. The issues have been since I moved to my current location and I figure it's more about the local FedEX than the company as a whole.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
I've had some close calls with FedEX and always choose UPS USPS when it's an option. The issues have been since I moved to my current location and I figure it's more about the local FedEX than the company as a whole.

Isn't fedex the only option on return shipping from cbcs though? Honestly this is the 1st time I've had an issue...its just the timing is horrific
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Enelson FedEx is the default option but USPS Registered mail is an option but is more expensive
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Enelson FedEx is the default option but USPS Registered mail is an option but is more expensive

Ooooh... ok. Well guess I might need to do that now. They said I have to wait till the 31st then contact shipper...so then I get to play email and phone tag with cbcs
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Yeah...I think I put 400 on it...but i honestly dont remember. But I put that 400 on it when I thought it was only signed by Gaiman...when it got to cbcs they told me it was signed by Sam Keith too...so who knows what it's really worth now

I thought fed ex only covers up to $100 unless you use your own fed ex account number.

I’m sure itll turn up.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I thought fed ex only covers up to $100 unless you use your own fed ex account number.

I’m sure itll turn up.

Well that would suck...but I checked invoice I put 400...so I guess I'll see
Post 20 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I’m sure itll turn up.

With FedEx you can pay for more insurance (it turns out, they like money).
Post 21 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@drchaos For that reason I’ve been having all my orders routed to a WallGreens that’s on my way home from work

I'm really fed up with FedEx, no pun intended. The problem with them is, they are too restrictive to be useful. That is, the comic shipment requires a "direct" (live) signature, not an indirect one. And I'm not home during the day during the week. (Hey - some of us have to actually go to work, right?) And the drivers know this, and they don't want to have to come back again and again. So - as someone else mentioned - because the FedEx policy is TOO restrictive, the drivers cheat and just leave it. It's like passwords ... make the requirements too onerous and people will just write them down on a sticky note on the computer.

UPS lets me sign it online, which I do every time and it's great. But FedEx, that's against the rules. They said the shipper (in the most recent case, CGC) sets the parameters, but CGC says it's not them. And I believe CGC on this one, because every time I talk to FedEx the story changes.

Anyway, the last one, no one left it. They tried three times to deliver it, and all three times they came hours before their "window" prediction of between 2:35 pm and 5:05 pm. (I actually tried to meet them the second day, but I was too late. They came at 12:15.)

When I spoke to the regional manager he just laughed and said they aren't supposed to give a window, and the expected delivery "window" is 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.

I called back and asked them to drop it off at Walgreens, or change it to my office address, but they said only the shipper can make that change. So I called CGC and they said they would have it changed. Then they called me back and said it HAD been changed. But it turns out, they can't change it either. (No one told me that until AFTER I stopped by Walgreens twice.) So then, FedEx - the worst customer service in the world - said after five days it would go back to Florida. I asked the person to try to speed that up and she promised she would try but couldn't guarantee anything. Now the website is telling me they'll hold it for 10 days before sending it back.

So, now I'm waiting a ridiculous amount of time just to get the package sent back to Florida so that they can mail it to me. FedEx is the absolute worst.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I’m sure itll turn up.

With FedEx you can pay for more insurance (it turns out, they like money).

I’m going to refer you to my thread a few months ago concerning this topic.

I was under the impression that if you ship through cgc or cbcs that what you declare for the value of your comics is for their insurance purposes while they have the item in their possession and helps with making sure it gets assigned the right service for grading. They do not alter your declared value when shipping fed ex...and fed ex will only cover $100 per collectible and you have to provide your own insurance, like www.shipsurance.com , to cover anything beyond that. But Mr. Rickets did respond and say fed ex covers up to $500. This isn’t what’s declared on the cgc page... it sure what’s declared in cbcs when you’re developing the invoice.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Update - enelson posted on facebook, in the CBCS Comic Collectors Club, that he got his slab today!!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Ha, yep. You beat me to it. They found it after it disappeared with no tracking for a week+. So relieved
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
I find it to be more Fedex Ground than Express. Most contractors have their drivers sign someones name so that they don't have to pay the driver more money to go back the next day.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I had a Fedex delivered at work last week it was signed "front desk"
Post 27 IP   flag post
601208 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?