Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsComics ForeignPop Culture

ICE 2016 saved by CBCS!!!!!!!!!!!!948

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
ICE, International Comic Expo, is going to have a third year thanks to CBCS!!!

https://internationlcomicexpo.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/cbcs-swoop-in-and-save-the-day/
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Things like this are why I like CBCS. instead of getting caught up on a label, how about we remember why this company is great in the first place? Nice going CBCS. Keep it up.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
They used the old logo in the article, is that a sign?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Way above and beyond. Yet another reason to stick with CBCS.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Seriously?? In regards to an article that talks about CBCS helping to ensure than a Comicon takes place, all you take away from it is that the writers of the article used the old logo???

smh
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Seriously?? In regards to an article that talks about CBCS helping to ensure than a Comicon takes place, all you take away from it is that the writers of the article used the old logo???

smh

The heart wants what it wants
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector userX745 private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome job CBCS. Hobby first!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

smh

Anyone else not shocked?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector leesoul21 private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome story! Just when I think I've reached my limit with how impressive this company is CBCS raises the bar, looks ahead and thinks of the fans; which is why they'll always get my business.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I made a simple observation. Why must it be assumed that's all I took away? This was big news, I think it's interesting that the new corporate branding was not used. Pointing that out in no way detracts from the good deed. Carry on.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Jesse_O I made a simple observation. Why must it be assumed that's all I took away?

Just a guess, but I'd say 80% of your posts since July 15th, (including the one in this community thread) is a good reason.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Running a non profit making comic convention to the high professional standard of ICE is challenging enough, but when the Arts Council pulled their third and final year of funding from the event last week it was a huge blow to us here at ICE and for the last week or so we have been frantically looking at alternative funding so that the show you all love can still be delivered to the same high standards you all expect.

“We know how important this event and Comics Uncovered, the main conference behind it, are to everyone who comes here each year. The Fans, the creators looking for work, and the publishers who launch their new books, the prospect of having to cancel the event or postpone it was terrifying” said Event Director, Shane Chebsey.

However after a very short plea and discussion with the owners and management behind CBCS, one of the world’s most respected comics grading companies based in the US, a deal was quickly struck to save ICE from extinction.

“It was like something straight out of a comic book… like true heroes CBCS came out of nowhere and saved us.” Continued Shane…“When things like this happen you find out who the good guys are… who really cares about the comic industry and the medium. We have so much to thank Michael Bornstein, Steve Borock, Steve Paulus, Lee Kingsley and all of the CBCS team for. Every single person who benefits from the expo will do so because of their heroic and incredibly generous intervention”.

“When we at CBCS heard that funding for ICE 2016 was pulled, we were extremely disappointed.” Stated Michael Bornstein, CBCS CEO “This is such an amazing convention for the U.K. that CBCS President Steve Borock and I were happy to contribute in any way we could to help make this happen. Comics are such a great hobby with so many wonderful fans, we knew CBCS had to help out. We hope the collectors in the U.K. have a wonderful experience at ICE 2016!”

Now as ICE’s main sponsor comic collectors can expect a big presence by the top grading company at the event with some incredible exclusive signings from popular artists and writers and great prices on comic grading at their booth.

All Star Batman and Moon Knight Artist Declan Shalvey is just one of the big names signing at ICE 2016

Lee Kingsley who runs the UK arm of CBCS commented:

“CBCS and ICE share a common philosophy. Both companies put the comic book hobby first. We are very excited to be working with Shane and his team at ICE for 2016 and hopefully many more years to come.”

So get on down to ICE next month and get your comics signed and graded by the best graders in town.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
This is just another reason to use CBCS they understand not only the present but the past and the future of the comic industry. Good job guys!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector ESSA private msg quote post Address this user
Just want to say thankyou very much to all cbcs board members and to Lee from cbcs uk and Shane the organiser for making this happen.this is going to be my 2nd attendenc to comic com ever but first for ice comic con. Once again thank you very much, round of applause to you guys you deserve it
Post 14 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations on rescuing this event from oblivion. It was an amazing effort that I'd imagine was fraught with risk.

We can discuss labels, branding, etc., in other threads. This is something to take pride in that benefits the whole community. I tip my virtual hat to Steve and the gang. (Place proper emoticon here)
Post 15 IP   flag post
CBCS CBCS_UK private msg quote post Address this user
From the team at CBCS UK, we are really pleased we have helped saved such a nations favourite convention.

ICE is not backed by any of the big companies like Showmasters or MCM so to be able to help ICE continue is an amazing opportunity not only for CBCS to partner up with a great convention team but also helps bring CBCS to the UK.

For anyone that's coming to this years ICE please stop by our stall, we will have some of the top artists on our stall signing that weekend as well as running a charity Auction of Artwork and sketched covers by people like Jock, and Charlie Adlard, John McCrea and many more.

If you are in the US and would like any signings done please get in touch and we will see if we have enough time so you guys can benefit as well.

Big love fellow CBCS'ers

Lee @ CBCS UK
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
IS CGC going to be allowed to have a booth??

LOL. I am just kidding.

Have fun you all!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector chebbo private msg quote post Address this user
Massive thank you to everyone at CBCS for saving ICE 2016. Words cannot express our gratitude nor our excitement to be working with such a progressive company.

Shane
Event Organiser
Post 18 IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @leesoul21 and everyone else for the kind words.
We did not want to see a collector friendly show go away. Our hobby is more important to me than almost anything to me except my friends and family. I only wish I could go to the show LOL!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector chebbo private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe next year Steve? :-)

S
Post 20 IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chebbo
Maybe next year Steve? :-)

S

Hope so!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
This is awesome!
Post 22 IP   flag post
596790 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?