Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Silver AgeFor Sale

Sale Thread - a few late silver / early bronze World's Finest (MyComicShop)8965

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, everyone. I've decided to try the MyComicShop auction again this coming Monday, with a handful of higher-grade comics. Going on the auction block this week are:

World's Finest 129, 6.0 ow/w pages - early Luthor / Joker team up.

World's Finest 141, 8.0 White pages - Cover from the "Fake Death" cover contest.

World's Finest 153, 5.5 ow/w pages - What would happen if Superman and Batman were enemies? (This one looks great, but I wish I had had it cleaned and pressed first. I didn't know what C&P was back then.)

World's Finest 212, 9.6 White pages - BEAUTIFUL cover by Nick Cardy.

World's Finest 213, 9.4 White pages - Superman and the Atom.

World's Finest 219, 9.0 White pages - The Secret of El Monstro; back-up Metamorpho story.

Auction starts this Monday night, and bidding starts at $1.00. Bid early and bid often! And thanks for looking!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I have a soft spot for #153, that stupid slap panel always cracks me up. I have a couple of raw crappy reader copies (2-ish grade-wise), but will take a look when this goes up - post the link when it does!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacaboca
I have a soft spot for #153, that stupid slap panel always cracks me up. I have a couple of raw crappy reader copies (2-ish grade-wise), but will take a look when this goes up - post the link when it does!

I know, right? Those old silver age comics were pretty crazy. Don't you love the way Batman is just standing on the wing of a jet plane like he's just one-handed skiing?

I can do better than that! I can post the link now. Here it is ... just click on "watch item" to put this in your watch list for the auction. Their auctions run every Monday for one week, and it's a great place to find some good deals, usually. A couple folks on these boards participate just about every week.

Good luck!

Post 3 IP   flag post
HI, everyone. Just a reminder, the auction started on Monday, and goes through next Monday. We've already got a lot of bids! These comics are currently sitting between $14 and $22, so still great deals (if they stay there).

Here is the link for the famous Batman slaps Robin comic - the first (?) battle between Superman and Batman as antagonists. "Cover pencils by Curt Swan, inks by Sheldon Moldoff. Part I- The Clash of Cape and Cowl starring Superman and Batman, script by Edmond Hamilton, pencils by Curt Swan, inks by George Klein; Young Bruce Wayne is convinced that Superboy killed his father and vows to become Batman so he can bring him to justice. Part II--The Death of a Hero."
Post 4 IP   flag post
World's Finest auctions are ending tonight, around 11:30 Eastern. Here's where they stand:

World's Finest (1941) 129 CGC 6.0 Current bid: $22.00, 5 bids
World's Finest (1941) 141 CGC 8.0 Current bid: $30.00, 8 bids
World's Finest (1941) 153 CGC 5.5 Current bid: $27.00, 7 bids
World's Finest (1941) 212 CGC 9.6 Current bid: $43.00, 12 bids
World's Finest (1941) 213 CGC 9.4 Current bid: $22.00, 3 bids
World's Finest (1941) 219 CGC 9.0 Current bid: $22.00, 4 bids

Good luck!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hmmm ... I just tried to check in on the auction at MyComicShop.com and I'm getting the message "502 Bad Gateway." None of their pages are working.

I tried it on my phone, too. No luck.

Is anyone else able to pull up those pages, see the auction? @drchaos @poka ... are you guys participating in this week's auction? Having any luck seeing the pages?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
the site seems to have crashed or been hit with a service denial attack and isn't working...I was four minutes from winning a 105 dollar bid myself so.....
Post 7 IP   flag post
Well, now there's a message: "MyComicShop is current unavailable due to an unexpected outage. We are working to restore service as soon as possible."

I wonder how that will affect the auction?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
the site seems to have crashed or been hit with a service denial attack and isn't working...I was four minutes from winning a 105 dollar bid myself so.....

If the outage goes on for very long, I think they should delay the auction for a day. Wouldn't be fair to all the folks who don't know if it's continuing or not and leave off for the night. (Or to the sellers!)
Post 9 IP   flag post
they will restart it at whatever point service went down perhaps tomorrow night im guessing.....cause people like yourself with items up for sale will be annoyed they couldn't reach the site nor could prospective bidders.....I look for them to relaunch the sale from around the letter M forward....
Post 10 IP   flag post
there is a clause in the seller agreement that specifically covers if the site becomes unavailable, or suffers denial of service attacks etc and does explain that they would redo either part or all of the auction depending...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
there is a clause in the seller agreement that specifically covers if the site becomes unavailable, or suffers denial of service attacks etc and does explain that they would redo either part or all of the auction depending...

Good to know! It does make sense that way. But still unfortunate.

Good luck with your auction!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
yeah it crashed - MCs normally adds 24 hours to any auctions which were still in progress
Post 13 IP   flag post
but I really hates when this happens as I am sure I will be out-bid
Post 14 IP   flag post
Okay, after that SNAFU the auction is ending TONIGHT, instead of last night, starting around 9:45 pm Eastern for these World's Finest Comics.

Here are the current bids:

World's Finest (1941) 129 CGC 6.0 Current bid: $39.00, 10 bids
World's Finest (1941) 141 CGC 8.0 Current bid: $43.00, 11 bids
World's Finest (1941) 153 CGC 5.5 Current bid: $43.00, 10 bids
World's Finest (1941) 212 CGC 9.6 Current bid: $90.00, 31 bids
World's Finest (1941) 213 CGC 9.4 Current bid: $33.00, 7 bids
World's Finest (1941) 219 CGC 9.0 Current bid: $23.00, 5 bids

In my experience, MCS auctions aren't really like eBay auctions, with a bunch of snipers at the last seconds. And so these prices probably won't go up much at the end. (But I hope they do! Sorry not sorry.)

Good luck bidding!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Mcs adds three minutes to the item if it has bids in the final three minutes which makes snipi g almost pointless
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Mcs adds three minutes to the item if it has bids in the final three minutes which makes snipi g almost pointless

Yep, that's true.

Oh, boy ... I just checked, and MCS's site is down again. I hope it doesn't last long.
Post 17 IP   flag post
is definitely annoying....was minutes from winning a hundred plus book and now another eight hours added and fairly sure with that much time I will not prevail again sadly
Post 18 IP   flag post
based on my experience if there are 2 bidders who wants a book - mcs auction prices can go up substantial towards the end of an auction
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
based on my experience if there are 2 bidders who wants a book - mcs auction prices can go up substantial towards the end of an auction

Well then, we just need to find those two and let 'em know!

Remember that guy on the forum, like a year or two ago? He said, "You want to know how to win any eBay auction? I'll tell you - it's easy! Just WAY overbid on whatever it is you want to buy and you are certain to win."

I just want two of those type to come in on one auction and I'll be happy.
Post 20 IP   flag post
And naturally I got shafted out of the book I likely had already won last night ugh
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

Remember that guy on the forum, like a year or two ago? He said, "You want to know how to win any eBay auction? I'll tell you - it's easy! Just WAY overbid on whatever it is you want to buy and you are certain to win."

I just want two of those type to come in on one auction and I'll be happy.

that was @kaptainmyke - always bid $999
Post 22 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on the item, brah
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Depends on the item, brah

Yes but if you want it you bid $999. Never figured out why $999 instead $1001
Post 24 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
well who said it was $999 beside you? Spike bidding depends on the item. I might spike bid 999 or 9999 depends.
Post 25 IP   flag post

It was an entertaining thread though

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/5917/page/1/ebay-sniping-tools/
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
And naturally I got shafted out of the book I likely had already won last night ugh

Well, crap. What was the book?
Post 27 IP   flag post
I was right where the sale was about to slip over to pending Monday night for that Captain Marvel 16 in 9.6...first Raven Darkholme….I had bid up to 115 and was winning at 105...tonight with a full day to reflect and research ...book went for like 121...I let it go. Furious that was the best accommodation that could be made for a sale that all but ended ….got them a higher commission but doesn't seem fair.
Post 28 IP   flag post
598060 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?