Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

Ebay Sniping Tools5917

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to win some upcoming auctions and it is my understanding that there is sniping software that allows you to get your bids in at the last second without having to sit there and watch the auction.

What are you guys using?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Crickets chirping
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i do it manually by setting alarm on my phone about 5 minutes early and do a spike bid at the last 5 seconds
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
My finger.
Post 4 IP   flag post
After doing some research I am thinking about trying Gixen.

I still have a bit of time until my auctions end so more feedback would he appreciated.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
i do it manually by setting alarm on my phone about 5 minutes early and do a spike bid at the last 5 seconds

That is what I am attempting to automate so

A I can't screw it up.
B I am free to put up eBay listings or watch TV instead of starting at the monitor.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I am surprised no one has any advice. I thought you guys would be all over this one.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I use Bid-O-Matic. It works great for bidding on auctions that end while I'm at work.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Vrane public snipe. I set a price I am happy with and mostly lose.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Finger Sniper Deluxe...😎
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
bidnip.com
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I only bid when I'm at home, never away. If I see an auction I want, but also see I won't be home when it ends, I most often leave it alone. I'm hesitant to place a max bid, especially if the end is days away because of shill bidders, and I just don't want to deal with that.

I probably save a ton of cash doing this.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I only bid when I'm at home, never away. If I see an auction I want, but also see I won't be home when it ends, I most often leave it alone. I'm hesitant to place a max bid, especially if the end is days away because of shill bidders, and I just don't want to deal with that.

Probably lose a lot of books as well.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

No doubt, but that's only a problem if I know about it.
Keeps the blood pressure down too.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Mybidder is the one I use.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:

No doubt.

I imagine most of the stuff you collect and probably that I collect isn't that hard to find anyway. Very rarely am I upset if I lose a book as I know it won't be super hard to find another.

I tend to overbid / overpay on stuff like HTF old fanzines.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thanks for the input!

Going with Gixen this time.

Even though I read on a forum that it was possible to reduce the snipe time from 6 seconds to 3 seconds I have not been able to change the setting.

Perhaps that is part of the paid service.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I should probably add that maybe only 10% of my collection is by auction. I usually BIN. Nothing against getting the best price available by any means, I just don't have the tenacity for it, or the need.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I am surprised no one has any advice. I thought you guys would be all over this one.

Don’t really believe in the value of the sniper tool unless you wish to make sure you don’t bid because of a distraction (has happened a few times).

As long as you bid in the last 5 min then it doesn’t really matter whether others are using shipping tools. What matters is the price you bid.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Lately I have the opposite problem...I've bid lower than I thought it would go for and I win!!

Just got a 15 lot run of DC Comics Presents for $15 - was after only 1 issue in the lot and would have/have paid $20+ for the 1.
Now I have 14 that might go into a BIN lot at $9.99
Post 20 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
My manual way of doing it almost never fails. Except for that guy who spike bids above my spike bid and ends up paying a ridiculous amount for an auction item worth possibly a fraction of it's sell price. I've seen this happen twice to me in the past 2 weeks on the EC horror books lol That #2 TFTC went for $1200 when it was a $200 comic all day long with its conditional issues.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector VCBE private msg quote post Address this user
I use eSnipe
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I use gixen.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Gixen let me down.

After successfully bidding on the first item and winning, Gixen failed to get my other five bids in leaving me to lose four auctions with the books selling well below the amount I was willing to pay.

Rather than trying to figure out what went wrong I am going to try one of the tools you guys recommended, maybe esnipe.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
I use gixen.

Any idea what went wrong?
Post 25 IP   flag post
bummer sorry that happened brah
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos very interested in how this works out for you....I too have interest in a sniping tool, but have always relied on being present. A few I slept through or forgot about....one time eBay logged me out in the last 10 seconds...other times I sniped a second too late...each was frustrating.
Post 27 IP   flag post
My first bid went through but the other five show on the gixen website as cancelled even though I did nothing to cancel them.

I lost out on four cool books but I did get the best of the six along with the runt of the litter.
Post 28 IP   flag post
one time i was trying to get scratch the cat from Peter Laird's ebay account, this is a $1000 toy mind you, and the batteries on my mouse died. True story.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
My first bid went through but the other five show on the gixen website as cancelled even though I did nothing to cancel them.

I lost out on four cool books but I did get the best of the six along with the runt of the litter.

Better stick with the old fashion way and then trial the various sniping tools for listings where you are not able to bid live.
Post 30 IP   flag post
596790 173 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?