Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@JustABitEvil Great turn around for you ๐Ÿ‘...its obviously pressing plus VSP that's added to our TAT's
Post 401 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
I breathed a moderate sigh of relief this morning as I opened my dashboard.

The dashboard has finally been upgraded to "grading" and the invoice itself now shows "labels".

Hopefully, that means all is wrapping up. I'll post again once I get a shipping notice.

EDIT: Within a few hours of posting this update, the dashboard now shows "QC" and the invoice shows "Imaging".

I think imaging means your comic might show up here:

clickable text
Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Shipping notice and grades received on dashboard today.

I started another thread on the main forum, with a little show and tell:

clickable text
Post 403 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk yeh just read it nice one and glad your books are on there way to you ๐Ÿ‘
Post 404 IP   flag post
Collector Randomdoge private msg quote post Address this user
Well folks I finally received the books that were missing from my board , it turns out that they misspelled one word in my name and no folks I did wrote my name as clear as I can , it even shows my name clear on the submission papers, is there any way I can fix this?
Post 405 IP   flag post

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdoge
Well folks I finally received the books that were missing from my board , it turns out that they misspelled one word in my name and no folks I did wrote my name as clear as I can , it even shows my name clear on the submission papers, is there any way I can fix this?

Think I've put this in here before, but due to them messing up my e-mail address I never had dashboard access for early submissions. They fixed it by essentially creating a "new" account with the correct e-mail. Might have to do something similar. The books under the incorrect submission will simply never show in the dash, but it shouldn't impact anything else.
Post 406 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted some comics on November 3rd at RI Comic Con. There were 10 Treasuries for Raw Grade (I figured I would give it a try for Treasury Editions) and 5 SA comics for grading. It took awhile for them to show up in my Dashboard, but they almost immediately went to grading after they appeared. My Invoice indicates that they have been in Labels for at least 3 days now. So it appears to me that they are pretty up to date with grading, with any slowdowns resulting from steps further along the process.
Post 407 IP   flag post
Collector PThomas2010 private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to tell everybody about my experience here. I sent in a single Golden Age comic to be graded just a little over 2 weeks ago. I did pay extra for fast pass, but was surprised to receive a message yesterday that it was shipping already, along with tracking info. My only other experience with CBCS was a couple of years ago, and it took months to get my books back, so I'm pretty thrilled with this.
Post 408 IP   flag post
@PThomas2010 That is indeed a fast return for you, naturally fast pass helped, make sure you post your comic with the results ๐Ÿ‘

Now if only pressing could get their act together, I'm now at 23 weeks , that is with VSP as well though
Post 409 IP   flag post
Yeeeee HA!!!!!!!!!

Just got an email saying "Your CBCS submission is now in the process of being graded by the CBCS grading team." etc etc

Well that took 24 weeks sooooooo will I get a nice xmas pressie :

Dashboard still says processing though
Post 410 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Yeeeee HA!!!!!!!!!

Just got an email saying "Your CBCS submission is now in the process of being graded by the CBCS grading team." etc etc

Well that took 24 weeks sooooooo will I get a nice xmas pressie :

Dashboard still says processing though

You're getting there. But it goes SUPER fast once it hits grading. Mine hit grading, VSP, imaging and Shipping all in the same day. So I'm guessing that means that nothing is updated until the process is done and then it flies through all the stages in the control panel.

Funny how things work
Post 411 IP   flag post
OMG OMG OMG...โ€ฆ..just got an email telling me.."submissions are ready to be shipped" which is amazing as it was only yesterday that they told me my comics had entered grading, so I can only assume that updating the dashboard and emails are a tad behind

Really pleased Doc Strange 1 and 2 passed VSP with Frank Brunner but Marvel Milestone Edition: X-Men #1 #nn [1991] failed with Jack Kirby but I had my doubts as it was a DF although it did look good
Post 412 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan & @Paint_Monk yup, that is what I have been saying, just because there is no movement on the dashboard doesn't mean our comics aren't actually being processed, pressed, graded, VSP'd along the way. They are just focusing on the main tasks and eventually the dashboard will catch up!
Post 413 IP   flag post
@Scifinator as this was my first time it has definitely been a learning curve, next time I'll just forget about my comics for almost half a year but sooooo chuffed they will soon be on their way
Post 414 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan well, judging from the results I have had so far, I am sure you will be pleased with their finished product. You probably would have been waiting longer and had additional frustrations had you submitted to the other guys. My guess is if you submit to cbcs again, you will get a better turn around time...assuming they have finished with my SDCC press submission which is pretty large.
Post 415 IP   flag post
@Scifinator yep really looking to the results although I've just been informed that the failed Jack Kirby will hit the grade due to writing on the cover...but hey ho.

Make sure you post your SDCC results....when you get them ๐Ÿ‘
Post 416 IP   flag post
Collector bobby_12 private msg quote post Address this user
how long does it take for books to come back press (fastpass) and grading fastpass and it has been over 9 months so far . status says shipping for over a week and when i call they say they still are not graded
Post 417 IP   flag post
@bobby_12 9 months with fastpass that's seriously toooooo long and if status says shipping and you are being told they are still not graded then something is wrong.

Try reaching out on this forum to @SteveRicketts or perhaps Tim Bilderhause who is a representative of CBCS
Post 418 IP   flag post
Collector bobby_12 private msg quote post Address this user
books went to shipping got grades. very disappointed went thru pressing and books still came back with creases and bends that should have been pressed out.will not use cbcs pressing ever again.2 books that were graded before came back with staple tears that were not there from previous grading.i believe because they seat for 9 months that they might of got damaged there.never had a problem before but not happy with this order..
Post 419 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Pressing itself can cause new tears at stsples; itโ€™s a stated risk of the process. Sitting in storage will not tear staples; if anything, sitting in Florida can expose to humidity and foxing (especially if hurricane shuts off power to a/c)
Post 420 IP   flag post
Collector Ninjanick private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted at SDCC 2019 for pressing and grading.. Still waiting
Post 421 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
I've learned to be patient over time. The distinguished competition took over six months the last time I submitted. My batch here has three books being pressed, sig auth, and grading, so I'm not expecting them for a while yet. (Submitted at Indiana Comic Con, still in the system as "received" after 16 weeks)
Post 422 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Frazzle razzle frazz.....just noticed a new option to book an appointment for CBCS Canada for drop off or pickup.

Wish I had know of it as I could have saved some $$ and time in shipping - the Oakville location is only about 30 minutes from my home.

Not sure how the pick up would work - my CBCS Canada order had been in shipping for a month now, how would I know it was in Oakville and available!?
Post 423 IP   flag post
The first of my SDCC Press submission is in Shipping! Whoop Whoop! Can't wait for the grades to be posted.
Post 424 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
The first of my SDCC Press submission is in Shipping! Whoop Whoop! Can't wait for the grades to be posted.

That's good to know. My SDCC subs should be more or LESS nearing the same.

We don't know what's actually printed on the label until we get them in hand, correct? We'll know the grade only?
Post 425 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy - Once it is shipped, you can see the grade along with the Graderโ€™s Notes and page quality.
Post 426 IP   flag post
@siggy when the grade is up (the eyeball next to title) you will be to the graders notes.
Post 427 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I mailed in a submission with no fast pass with 23 books with a combination of the expanded and modern tier and somehow it's gone from received to shipping within 6 business days during the holiday season. I'm shocked and more than impressed with the turnaround since I expected my comics to arrive back to me around mid February. Looking forward to the blind unpacking.
Post 428 IP   flag post
omgomgomg, my x-men 12 is in grading!
Post 429 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
Don't rub it in that mine are still listed as "received", guys!
Post 430 IP   flag post
601497 999 30