Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, Just got shipping notice (out of the blue) that 7 comics I submitted to FL for Press and then Signature Verification on June 10th. That puts them inline with my original expected TAT though of recent, I was thinking that perhaps I would not see them till after Thanksgiving. Now...I have more news and commentary that I will sit on for the time being...
Post 376 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I want to clarify yesterdays post. I created the invoice on 6/10. FedEx delivered to CBCS Florida on 06/18. So, from time of delivery (not their receipt into queue), to shipment from Dallas after Grading and Signature Verification, 21 weeks total. I anticipated 18-22 weeks. A Month and a half later, I also dropped off a ton of comics at SDCC for press. My expectation was to get those back between Halloween and Thanksgiving. That may be optimistic, but, if they ship back by 12/18. it will be the exact same TAT that I received on my 6/10 submission. I figured the SDCC submission might be faster TAT since Dallas TAT's had dropped between June and July. Will see and I will update along the way.

Cheers
Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
FYI, Just got shipping notice (out of the blue) that 7 comics I submitted to FL for Press and then Signature Verification on June 10th. That puts them inline with my original expected TAT though of recent, I was thinking that perhaps I would not see them till after Thanksgiving. Now...I have more news and commentary that I will sit on for the time being...

Mine were submitted on June 1st at a con but they didn't show up in my dash until July 16. And that was after calling CBCS numerous times just to make sure they were received.

I'm hoping for a shipping notice before Thanksgiving...let's see what happens. I'm a little dubious at this point, but your post provides some hope.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Collector Randomdoge private msg quote post Address this user
Hey folks I got a question , and yes I already email support and got my response but I want to ask you guys from your own experience, I submitted some books and got them signed at the convention two of them where to get pressed as well , and well the books I send to be pressed already showed up on my orders 2 weeks ago but not the ones that I didn't submit to be pressed. Do you folks know when they might show up on my profile or will they show up as soon as they're shipped out
Post 379 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk My guess is your 6/1 comicon dropoff is already in Dallas. Other than seeing it in "Processing" awhile after it was received in FL, I had no indication that they were in TX being graded and Sig verified until this week when I got the completed and shipped notifications.
Post 380 IP   flag post

@Randomdoge Honestly from my experience, it could be either. It should be posted as "Received" then "Processing", and ultimately "Completed" when they have shipped out to you. Unfortunately just because they are not showing up yet doesn't mean that they haven't received them. I know this from personal experience. As I have mentioned in my previous posts It is not the way it should be, but I do believe they are getting better. As long and the quality of their output does not suffer, I am personally am good with continued improvement after having a merger and move 1/2 way across the country. Furthermore, my experiences with the 800 lbs gorilla that is CGC were worse.
Post 381 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Paint_Monk My guess is your 6/1 comicon dropoff is already in Dallas. Other than seeing it in "Processing" awhile after it was received in FL, I had no indication that they were in TX being graded and Sig verified until this week when I got the completed and shipped notifications.

You would not believe how hard my fingers are crossed that mine are somehow close to shipping at this point.
Post 382 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
If I submit books now what is the chance they would be back before Christmas?

I am pretty sure we are at a 5 week turn time at the moment. Hope that helps!
Post 383 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
If I submit books now what is the chance they would be back before Christmas?

I am pretty sure we are at a 5 week turn time at the moment. Hope that helps!

Yes Thank you It's really nice to see the president of a company answer questions personally. It is appreciated
Post 384 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania He's not only the CBCS president, he's also a client!

Now I've got that stupid hair club commercial stuck in my head.
Post 385 IP   flag post
November 20 will mark Week #24 since my submission should have been received post-convention (Con was June 1st, following Wednesday would have been June 5th). It did include pressing on all 6 books, verified sig on two and authentic sig on two others.

"Hello darkness, my old friend..."

The sounds of silence. You guys are probably as tired of me posting updates as I am of waiting.
Post 386 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
You guys are probably as tired of me posting updates as I am of waiting.

Almost as tried as meself going on about the dashboard and lack of updates.

If only the system could update us as our books go from VSP to pressing to encapsulation then we wouldn’t be making these posts at all.

I know some members just accept that they don’t hear anything until the books are ready to be posted but an updated dashboard would elevate a lot of anxiety from those of us that would just like to know at what stage ours books are in the system.

Ok got that off my chest
Post 387 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user
I don't understand why it is so difficult for orders to show up on the dashboard. I've sent over 20 messages to customer service about this issue but still yet to be resolved. For some of us sending out our comics already creates Anxiety of the possibility of our books being lost and the lack of customer services just brings that Anxiety to the next level. Not sure what to do at this point, lost faith and just hoping nothing happened to my order
Post 388 IP   flag post
@wtbmok From what I can gather from previous posts and comments here on the forum CBCS are short (or were) of data entry staff, this may or may not be the case.

Does your dashboard show as processing and did you send your parcel with tracking so that you at least know if it arrived. If so then its just a matter of waiting for CBCS to update your dashboard, not much comfort to you I know but I'm sure we will all be happy with the results eventually
Post 389 IP   flag post
Collector wtbmok private msg quote post Address this user
My Dashboard does not show my order at all. I dropped off the books in person on September 30th
Post 390 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbmok
My Dashboard does not show my order at all. I dropped off the books in person on September 30th

Ah yes I can fully understand your anxiety 6 weeks and no dashboard info at all is rather worrying.

Have you tried phoning CBCS or contacting CBCS staff via this forum on PM or even start a thread, which may get you some response
Post 391 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
They very likely have your e-mail wrong...and it can never be fixed.
Post 392 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
They very likely have your e-mail wrong...and it can never be fixed.
This happened to me and technically you're right. This order can never be fixed, but you can have them fix it so future orders are done correctly and you get access to your information. Admittedly, I got this fixed in person while picking-up a submission in Clearwater. No reason to believe it isn't possible via communicating with them as well.
Post 393 IP   flag post
Just spoke to India customer service since no one stateside is returning calls or emails.

According to the rep, my order is scheduled for completion on December 7th - which would make this a nearly 27 week process.

I really hope the end is in sight.
Post 394 IP   flag post
Quote:
which would make this a nearly 27 week process.

Yekes
Post 395 IP   flag post
I breathed a moderate sigh of relief this morning as I opened my dashboard.

The dashboard has finally been upgraded to "grading" and the invoice itself now shows "labels".

Hopefully, that means all is wrapping up. I'll post again once I get a shipping notice.

EDIT: Within a few hours of posting this update, the dashboard now shows "QC" and the invoice shows "Imaging".
Post 396 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The dashboard has finally been upgraded to "grading" and the invoice itself now shows "labels".

Hopefully, that means all is wrapping up. I'll post again once I get a shipping notice.

OMG!!!!! me too!!!!
Post 397 IP   flag post
Nah !!!!!!…..still processing
Post 398 IP   flag post
Quote:

EDIT: Within a few hours of posting this update, the dashboard now shows "QC" and the invoice shows "Imaging".

Wow nice one πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Post 399 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I had another excellent turn-aound, signed and dropped off at con on 11-2, billed 11-11 and complete/shipping emails today so less than 3 weeks total. Great work!
Post 400 IP   flag post
@JustABitEvil Great turn around for you πŸ‘...its obviously pressing plus VSP that's added to our TAT's
Post 401 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I think imaging means your comic might show up here:

clickable text
Post 402 IP   flag post
Shipping notice and grades received on dashboard today.

I started another thread on the main forum, with a little show and tell:

clickable text
Post 403 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk yeh just read it nice one and glad your books are on there way to you πŸ‘
Post 404 IP   flag post
Collector Randomdoge private msg quote post Address this user
Well folks I finally received the books that were missing from my board , it turns out that they misspelled one word in my name and no folks I did wrote my name as clear as I can , it even shows my name clear on the submission papers, is there any way I can fix this?
Post 405 IP   flag post
601288 999 30