Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics ForeignComics Modern AgePop Culture

2019 is the year of AKIRA!8628

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
It's 2019 and the year that the groundbreaking Akira anime film is set in! To celebrate, I made the video below.

I also wanted to ask you guys what are your favorite anime and do you collect any manga? If so, I'd love to see your collections! I know we talk a lot of comics but haven't seen all that many posts on manga itself.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
As a kid I loved the North American broad cast of Star Blazers which of course was originally Space Battleship Yamato.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
My gateway drug to anime was Robotech in the 80s. I have the original runs of those comics. I was a huge fan of Akira too. Some of the first manga i bought were the translations of Dominion and Appleseed Dark horse produced. I have those series, somewhere. When I locate I'll post. I loved Fist of the North Star for its over the top violence. I also bought a series called Grey- which I feel has faded into obscurity, but I really remember enjoying it. I don't collect any manga these days but I have checked the Attack on Titan series out of the library and enjoyed that quite a bit
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Akira
Ghost In The Shell
Ninja Scroll
Fist Of The North Star

That's a few of my favorites I can think of right off hand. Been many years since I've done anime.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
Rurouni Kenhshin is the best manga and anime in my humble opinion. Along with Inu Yasha. Both fabulous anime recreations almost identical in art and storyline to the manga. I also enjoy Grey and early Gundam and Robotech.
I'm also a letterer for Seven Seas. Finishing off Generation Witch and Arifureta manga series. Starting the Arifureta Zero set this month.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
No way we are in the age if Akira.. that seemed like an eternity away .. Far out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector helsabot private msg quote post Address this user

I picked up these color Akira pages from the epic edition. Although not original pages they have been hand colored by Steve Oliff.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I watched Battle of the Planets as a kid, then the vastly superior Star Blazers. I liked Robotech a lot when it was on, then pretty much fell completely out of watching any anime at all. My brother-in-law is a huge anime fan, and I've watched some of it with him, but most of those shows/movies have all felt stale and repetitive - with the exception of the breath of fresh air that was Cowboy Bebop.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers awww man...completely forgot about battle of the plantes!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Battle of the planets was one of if not the most favorite cartoon as a young kid. Loved the toys too , now long gone. Star blazers right up there also ..

AKira was mind blowing how crisp and smoothly animated it was
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I watched Akira. I fell asleep. Yawn.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Battle of the Planets had the best intro theme music of all time!!!

Post 12 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I have the entire series on DVD...brings back such fond memories.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Battle of the Planets! Great pick
I was going to pick up the comics a couple years ago and completely forgot, thanks for reminding me
Post 14 IP   flag post
596787 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?