Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics ForeignComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

ComicBookDB.com sold8612

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This popped up on my facebook feed just now. I don't know much about Comicbook.com, but I use ComicBookDB.com quite frequently. I'm hoping this will be a good thing.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Man, I'd be lost without comicbookdb for sigs at cons. It's my quick way to track down what's in my collection worth getting signed.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Man, I'd be lost without comicbookdb for sigs at cons. It's my quick way to track down what's in my collection worth getting signed.

You can use it to find specific talent that is in your collection?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's hoping. I use comicbookdb all the time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim ComicBookDB is a GREAT resource tool!!! You can find out all the information on books, stories, artists, creators, etc. It's not complete, but it is hands down the best comic book database out there!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully the first thing they do isn’t to move to Dallas...

Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I use it all the time.

Hopefully this doesn't screw things up.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

You can use it to find specific talent that is in your collection?
Yep, this is what it's for. You can search by name of creator or title. For instance, say Chuck Dixon is coming to a con near you and you know for sure you have a ton of his work (because it's nearly impossible to NOT have Chuck Dixon work) http://www.comicbookdb.com/search.php?form_search=Chuck%20Dixon&form_searchtype=FullSite. Type in Chuck Dixon and BOOM a list of everything related to chuck dixon pops up. Click on the link under "creators" and ZAM, there's all the titles he's ever written http://www.comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=747 . Expand each one and you can see which specific issues he's done. And they have some fairly obscure stuff. I do find very very infrequent errors, usually due to creators with the same name (like Rob Hunter, who, by the way, also really nice guy). AND, there's usually a picture and even a sample signature in many cases.

If you wanna get really crazy...I actually have an access database of my collection. So I check out comicdb and then can just search my database for issues; pull them, and take them to cons for sigs.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
The site is down already.

Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
it’s working for me
Post 10 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
The site is down already.

Probably a surge in visitors checking to see if it's still up, kicking the bandwidth meter up from the shared news story.
Post 11 IP   flag post
596781 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?