Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics PedigreesComics Silver AgeSignatures

Comic Book PEDIGREES THREAD8583

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Here's some Rockford pedigree (ummm, not Rockford File copies though)...

Post 101 IP   flag post

Post 102 IP   flag post

Post 103 IP   flag post

Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
From the Comic Book Pedigree site

ROCKFORD PEDIGREE
One of the best Golden Age collections to surface during the 1990's, the Rockford pedigree is a solid representation of the '40s, and boasts many of the great key issues, some of which rival the Mile High collection in grade. Although it predated CGC by a few years, the collection's breadth and depth led collectors to quickly acknowledge it as a pedigree. An initial public sale and easy identification have also perpetuated their popularity, although there are many unidentified Rockfords still floating in the market.
Mark Wilson was responsible for bringing the collection to market, outbidding other dealers. He sold the collection in pieces through his World's Finest catalogs, and even ran auctions for the better books. The purchase was no easy task though, as the collector, who was meticulous with the storage of his comics (and even aspired to be a comic artist himself one day) was somewhat unstable. He actually pulled a knife on Mark once during their meetings...

Post 105 IP   flag post

Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 106 IP   flag post

Post 107 IP   flag post

Post 108 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Cool, and wow you're showcasing some i have never heard of before. Got my back story work cut out for me
Post 109 IP   flag post
I have hundreds of pedigree books. It's all I bought for many years. Now I have an excuse to scan them in.

Post 110 IP   flag post

Post 111 IP   flag post

Post 112 IP   flag post
@the420bandito Post as you wish sir!
Post 113 IP   flag post

Took me a bit to track down #2 but the trio is complete:

Post 114 IP   flag post
Never see any Salida books for sale. Ultra white pages. Mostly war books. Sometimes I see it referred to as the Blankis-Salida pedigree but I have no idea about the origin.

Post 115 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito nice set sir

Another Suscha news copy

Post 116 IP   flag post
@the420bandito @southerncross

From the My Slabbed Comics site

SUSCHA NEWS PEDIGREE
A comic collection similar to but broader in scope than the Oakland pedigree he discovered 13 years before, in 2001 Vincent Zurzulo brought to market this collection of mid-60s to 1976 comic books that are known for their outstanding condition. The comics were picked straight from the distributors pallets as they arrived allowing for the best copy, and in many cases multiple copies, to be purchased before they were pawed over by the public on the newstand.

Post 117 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Boston pedigree. Don't know the background of this one but I love the look of the books. Also many I have are in the old holders. Though it's my opinion but I believe personally cgc were very strict early on with their grading. And cleaning and pressing was not largely done as it is today. Reason I love my Boston TTA

Post 118 IP   flag post
When u was actively collecting TTA pedigrees for some reason issue 73 was hard to come by in high grade in general for some reason. Not sure how many 9.6 are out there now but ten years ago there was only one.

Here are 2 more one the I sent in to get graded myself and one I've yet to get around to it.

Post 119 IP   flag post
@southerncross Amazing run of books!! Yes, CGC old label books are usually right on the money in regards to assigned grade
Post 120 IP   flag post
Another old label stunner, this one a Chicago pedigree...

Post 121 IP   flag post

Post 122 IP   flag post

Post 123 IP   flag post

Post 124 IP   flag post

Post 125 IP   flag post
Aurora books have the coolest cover markings of all the pedigrees.

Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Nice!!
You can usually spot Aurora copies outright due to the red markings.
Post 127 IP   flag post
From the Comic Book Pedigrees site

AURORA PEDIGREE
A comic book dealer is constantly wondering when and where the next "great collection" will come along, and if he'll be the one to nab it. During the fall of 1996, Dennis Grimm's winning ticket walked through the door of his Castaway Comics store in Aurora, Colorado in the form of a kid carrying a bag full of comics. This was the first of several bags that eventually accumulated into a vast collection of Atomic Age comics now known as the Aurora Collection.

Eventually Bill Hughes, a well-known dealer who recognized how rare the books were, bought and marketed many of them to a national audience. This led to the collection's name and status that it holds today.

As astute collectors of 1950s comics know, the extra cheap paper stock and production methods of the decade have made it nearly impossible to find high grade Atomic Age books. So it's no surprise that a debut of 2000 fresh, high grade original owner comics from this period would make a significant impact on the comic community. Besides grade, another attractive feature of the Auroras is their cover markings, similar to the later Mile High copies. Both originated from the same regional distributor in the Denver area.

Post 128 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
I'm really getting an education from this thread...THANKS!

Marty
Post 129 IP   flag post
@martymann Thanks! I'm enjoying seeing all the purdy books!
Post 130 IP   flag post
601455 373 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?