Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics PedigreesComics Silver AgeSignatures

Comic Book PEDIGREES THREAD8583

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
More from Chicago...

Post 351 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Cast resurrection spell!!

It appears the Pedigree book is back in the works. http://comicpedigrees.com/book.php
Post 352 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

It appears the Pedigree book is back in the works. http://comicpedigrees.com/book.php

After years of delays and promises, it looks like this is really gonna happen. Unless I’m mistaken, all of the detailed pedigree descriptions and personal histories have been removed from Matt Nelson’s Official Pedigree site. What remains are the covers of pedigreed books credited to those collectors who submitted them.

This suggests to me that the accumulated information on pedigrees, including all of the personal histories, is seen as having new proprietary value for book publication.

CGC management may have finally realized the marketing benefits of an official pedigree book and decided to get more directly involved in the project. This is purely speculation on my part, but the business potential has been pointed out in threads over on their boards. There are indications that this project is coming together with CGC’s full support (ergo the new “pedigree labels” being produced to encourage resubmissions).
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
More from Chicago...

Fantastic additions Cat, your collection is amazing!

It's a good thing for all comic book fans that there is representation of pedigrees on this forum too.
Post 354 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:

After years of delays and promises, it looks like this is really gonna happen. Unless I’m mistaken, all of the detailed pedigree descriptions and personal histories have been removed from Matt Nelson’s Official Pedigree site. What remains are the covers of pedigreed books submitted credited to collectors who submitted them.

This suggests to me that the accumulated information on pedigrees, including all of the personal histories, is seen as having new proprietary value for book publication.

CGC management may have finally realized the marketing benefits of an official pedigree book and decided to get more directly involved in the project. This is purely speculation on my part, but the business potential has been pointed out in threads over on their boards. There are indications that this project is coming together with CGC’s full support (ergo the new “pedigree labels” being produced to encourage resubmissions).

I noticed the website has changed as well. A lot of stories have been scrubbed of cool details...like the body outline on the floor of the Bethlehem pedigree owner, etc. I have been waiting for this book for some time now and I am excited!

I hope we see this sooner then later.
Post 355 IP   flag post

I will be sending this in to get the new pedigree label.

Post 356 IP   flag post
Quote:

Very nice! Post it again please when it comes back!
Post 357 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

How do CBCS or CGC know if a pedigree is part of a pedigree collection? I understand there are some physical characteristics that would indicate its pedigree but what about the books that don't?
Post 358 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

How do CBCS or CGC know if a pedigree is part of a pedigree collection? I understand there are some physical characteristics that would indicate its pedigree but what about the books that don't?

A lot of them do not have identifying marks and just come with a certificate. Luckily this guy wrote his name on all of them.
Post 359 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Ward Batty who worked for Comic Shop News owned a comic book store for a short time period. This was in a magazine box sitting on the floor by the register and I thought it was cool. I bought it. Years later someone told me it was a pedigree from the Windy City collection. I'll take their word for it. It's evidently a later printing sold on newsstands. I acquired it without knowing it was a pedigree (if in fact it is).

A lot of my scans are cropped for posting in cover galleries and such. The book is not as crisp around the edges with square corners as it may seem.
Post 360 IP   flag post
Andy Wallace was the original owner of the Windy City books. Looks like that book is definitely a Windy City copy..
Post 361 IP   flag post
Agree, looks legit to me!

Cool Ped copy @X51
Post 362 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
His story was interesting.
It's nice to know the history of it.
Post 363 IP   flag post

Post 364 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This is one that I have never seen before!
Thanks for sharing.

Marty
Post 365 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
like the label..never saw a pedigree label before (or just didnt notice it) with that colour.
Post 366 IP   flag post
Quote:

Very nice
Post 367 IP   flag post

Post 368 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Murphy Anderson copy 6.5
Post 369 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Murphy Anderson copy 6.5

Nice grab. I bid on a few of his books and got slammed. Even on books I thought were crap. The market always surprises me.
Post 370 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito i got that book for free off a overstreet advisor that's a mate of mine. Hadn't seen him in 5 years so was good to catch up with him 😀
Post 371 IP   flag post
@the420bandito and I wonder if that window is closed for collectors like us. In the past pedigrees went for the same price in the silver age books and now with cgc new label I'm wondering if the golden age for us is over 🤔
Post 372 IP   flag post

Post 373 IP   flag post
601333 373 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?