Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics PedigreesGrading Help NeededQuestions

Help identify and value pre-war train comics714

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Hello

I have had these 2 sitting in my safe for over 5 years now and I have no idea what they are or how to identify them. I can't google or find anything like them. They are printed on very fragile old newspaper paper or reminds me of old 1800s hardcover book paper. The color and art is unparalleled to any I've seen in that era on magazines.

Can CBCS encapsulate them?

They look pre-1950s but there is talk of pearl harbor on one of them. Here's some photos:

Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Those are promotional comics. A lot of them are listed in Overstreet. I have an Automotive one. I've also seen one on Rubber. I believe they were made in the 50's. If I can find my Overstreet, I'll see if I can find a value for you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh great thanks! Would CBCS be able to encapsulate them?
Post 3 IP   flag post
actually, now that i had the correct search terms to use now this is what i came up with:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?SeriesID=3761

They don't list one of my 2 though
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I think they are pretty cool. I can't find the max size listing for CBCS right now, but i believe they can slab them. Here is mine on Gasoline engines.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Way very cool. I wish I had that one! I would like to get these slabbed if I could get confirmation from someone who works here... that'd be great
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Max size: 7.625 x 10.5 x 0.24
Post 7 IP   flag post
I cut myself a "cheat board" with the exact measurements so I can just hold it up to a book and size check.
Post 8 IP   flag post
0.625 = 5/8ths btw
Post 9 IP   flag post
They kinda in between a comic book and an ashcan size I think?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Both of those railroads are listed on ComicsPriceGuide.com
Post 11 IP   flag post
601461 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?