Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics PedigreesComics Silver AgeQuestions

Wythville Pedigree709

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Does CBCS recognize Wythville as a Pedigree?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
While it's not CBCS, but it doesn't look like CGC recognizes it and I'd imagine they're more in agreement than not on the subject but maybe someone from CBCS will have a more concrete answer
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, kermitspad, the overgrader.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Schoultzdan private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted one of his and no
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro

Does he have a bad rep? Well the book I bought was only a $7.00 book, so not a big risk, but I hope it really is a NM- as avertised.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Mine graded at .5 lower
Post 6 IP   flag post
Do new Pedigrees ever get added to the list, and if so how is that decision made? Or is the current list set in stone forever?
Post 7 IP   flag post
They get added from time to time
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoultzdan

These three are fairly new I think in the last 5 years or so

Savannah
Suscha News
Twin Cities

I really like the Twin Cities, and the Suscha but for me the Savannah's are a little over cooked.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Barefoot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I submitted one of his and no

What are the books? The sellers have tried to sell many OAAW and GI Combats. I never attempted to purchase them due to overgrades and prices.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Barefoot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
Quote:

These three are fairly new I think in the last 5 years or so

Savannah
Suscha News
Twin Cities

I really like the Twin Cities, and the Suscha but for me the Savannah's are a little over cooked.

Both Twin Cities and Suscha News are North where the cool climate is. Of course Savannah is South --- hot and humid right by the ocean.

I left many beat up comic books at my parents' lake house in Wisconsin with only the air condition box. Finally I found my old comic books while helping my parents moving to the new house. It has been over 25 years inside the wood cabinet. The pages are still WHITE!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Thats cool. Were there any good books that you excited to see in the bunch?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro

Does he have a bad rep? Well the book I bought was only a $7.00 book, so not a big risk, but I hope it really is a NM- as avertised.

I hope it's NM- too
Post 13 IP   flag post
Received my book, I have to concur with the over grading. Pretty much the stated grade is the grade it might get after a good pressing (with fingers crossed).
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector zab47 private msg quote post Address this user
I am new to comics all around have not bought 1 in years until 6 months ago and it was a 1965 comic I read years ago and now i'm up to about 150 comics bought in lots at a flea market all are pre 1975 since I am a senior citizen and wanted back some of the old days never collected before but looks like a good hobbyie does any 1 really make any money in comics I love em now and was thinking of collecting a few for my daughter for later on when I pass on that is ha ha first time in a real forum also would like to learn a little about views on comics
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@zab47 I think your best bet would be to gather your specific questions and start a new thread so they get better visibility. Also, it would help everyone immensly if you used punctuation in your messages to make sure your ideas are being communicated clearly so they can better help and respond to you.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I do want to say that Kermit has always been very customer service friendly and has a good selection
Post 17 IP   flag post
@zab47 There's money to be made, but it's not an easy thing, there's also money to be lost by making bad decisions. What you want to do also depends on what your goals are. Many different variables at play, it would serve you to start a new thread with specific questions you want to ask.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Schoultzdan FWIW, I am happy with the book I got for the price I paid, so no issues with him. And to give him some benefit of the doubt, the polybag the book was in was well past it's prime and over due for new bag and board, it's possible the book was closer to his grade when it was originally bagged. It's definitely a good candidate for a pressing, almost all of the flaws are non color breaking.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zab47
I am new to comics all around have not bought 1 in years until 6 months ago and it was a 1965 comic I read years ago and now i'm up to about 150 comics bought in lots at a flea market all are pre 1975 since I am a senior citizen and wanted back some of the old days never collected before but looks like a good hobbyie does any 1 really make any money in comics I love em now and was thinking of collecting a few for my daughter for later on when I pass on that is ha ha first time in a real forum also would like to learn a little about views on comics

Welcome to the boards!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I do want to say that Kermit has always been very customer service friendly and has a good selection

Yeah, but buying from them has been sketchy for over a decade:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=657054&fpart=5

Look who was pissed at him LOL.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector zab47 private msg quote post Address this user
got some advice and that is helpful like I said new to forums so what is I should try a differen't thread
Post 22 IP   flag post
@zab47 create a brand new thread asking the questions you want, it's easier that way.
Post 23 IP   flag post
598060 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?