Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Foreign

Spanish Red Sonjas by Vertice6507

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Red Sonja #1 update and mail call!! I got my Red Sonja comics from Spain today!! I bought them off of a seller on Todocoleccion. The Vertice Red Sonja Series started in 1978 and went for 11 issues. In 8 of the issues, Red Sonja is a blonde on the cover!!! Issue #1 has an unique cover done by Rafael Lopez Espi and it has "The Blood of the Unicorn" from Red Sonja #1 and "The Demon of the Maze" from Red Sonja #2. I bought a lot of 6 Vertice Red Sonja comics. If you notice #4 has the cover of Marvel Feature #1 (1975). It contains both stories from MF #1 and "Blood of the Hunter" from MF #2. All interior art is black and white with the dialogue in Spanish. The size of these comics would be close to a magazine, similar to MAD. I hope you all enjoy seeing these!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Todocoleccion is a great site for finding stuff from Spain. Nice pick up Jesse!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks Tim!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Super cool! Never knew there was a “Blonde Sonja”.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp I didn't either until I started searching. That's the big draw for foreign comics to me. You never really know what they are going to do with the cover!!!! Most of the time, it's a variation on the original cover, sometimes it's a panel from the comic and occasionally it's new original art!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I got my Turkish Red Sonja #1 in the mail today. Here's how it arrived. Yes that IS a corner cut off of the padded envelope.

It was wrapped in plastic.

Here it is out of the plastic.

Here are all the Red Sonja #1's that I have so far. These are comparative sizes. I also included the MACC edition of Marvel Feature #1. I haven't found a MACC RS #1 yet. The UK and Australian editions should be showing up in a week or two.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
No problem!!! And I was just made aware that there is a Philippines edition of Marvel Feature #1.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O awesome books! I always wanted Frank Thorne to draw me a real girl..sigh..
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O You may want to remove the apostrophe from the thread title before some pretentious twit draws attention to it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, and cool books.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Good catch and great advice!! I corrected the title.
Post 12 IP   flag post
596795 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?