Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
From thread started here

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/6475/page/1/hulk-1-cut-coupon-what-grade/

Lead to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasLad67
Quote:
Originally Posted by serling1978
I never understood why a cut coupon from an ad page not affecting the story would render a book incomplete. That's what they were there for right? So some 60's kid could send in for a life size skeleton or sea monkeys...

Incomplete is incomplete. A missing coupon , mvs , ad page , centerfold , etc IS incomplete. That's the way the grading standards have always been. Would you give full blue book for a car missing the passenger seat?

which lead to this

Quote:
I was just trying to be polite without pointing out that the very definition of incomplete is that there is something missing. So you'll pay the gent full gpa for the book as if it had the coupon?

which lead to this

Quote:
Please don't talk to me on this topic anymore. Ignorance is one thing but gross stupidity I have no time for. Miss me on any more 'as long as it doesn't affect the story what does it matter what's missing?' type commends. That's basically the gist. Incomplete is 0.5 at best. Missing a coupon is Incomplete. Period

which lead to me pointing out

Quote:
Quote:
Ignorance is one thing but gross stupidity I have no time for.

As a new member I would be a little more welcoming on the forum if I were you. Most impolite and inappropriate.

which most likely lead to this thread being created.

Post 51 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn
If the worst thing happening in life is consternation over what some bozo is replying to you on a comic book forum, you live a pretty charmed existence. Count your blessings.

Arguments on a message board have resulted in stalking and murder. I've had online stalkers. I keep layered profiles that send up a red flag to me when someone has a disconcerting fascination with my personal life. I knew one guy online that got into an argument with another guy. The other guy was calling his neighbors trying to disrupt his personal life. The other guy claimed to be a counter-intelligence instructor for the govt.

@X-51

Are you joking about the layered profiles and so on?

No. I've seriously had stalkers. I've known people who had stalkers. I chatted about such things with a guy who claimed he was "there" working in the Computer Science dept. (USC or one of those California colleges) when the internet was first connected. He had stalkers and claimed that someone showed up at a coworkers doorstep thinking the person was him. One guy kept calling his boss and was trying to get him fired.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke

Bingo!!! I trust anyone on this board concerning grading, handling, selling, etc over a newbie that loudly claims to be the final authority on coupon clipping. If someone dares to voice a dissenting opinion he/she initiates the name calling, tells the person to stop replying to him/her and has the audacity to start a new post on blocking the perceived foe.

Incredible.

Now having stated all that I have nothing against AtlasLad67 and hope he/she can see that being rude to long term members of the forum is the wrong way to introduce themselves to the group. Maybe AtlasLad67 has some great comic book skills and can contribute and benefit from this discussion board. But that's what it is: a discussion board. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinions. We'll see if he/she learns the errors of his/her ways and becomes a solid citizen of the forum.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
If the worst thing happening in life is consternation over what some bozo is replying to you on a comic book forum, you live a pretty charmed existence. Count your blessings.

Arguments on a message board have resulted in stalking and murder. I've had online stalkers. I keep layered profiles that send up a red flag to me when someone has a disconcerting fascination with my personal life. I knew one guy online that got into an argument with another guy. The other guy was calling his neighbors trying to disrupt his personal life. The other guy claimed to be a counter-intelligence instructor for the govt.

@X-51

No. I've seriously had stalkers. I've known people who had stalkers. I chatted about such things with a guy who claimed he was "there" working in the Computer Science dept. (USC or one of those California colleges) when the internet was first connected. He had stalkers and claimed that someone showed up at a coworkers doorstep thinking the person was him. One guy kept calling his boss and was trying to get him fired.

I'm not surprised you've had stalkers. You've said you have a very magnetic personality and people naturally gravitate to you.

I guess that doesn't translate into text very well.

Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

@X-51

I'm not surprised you've had stalkers. You've said you have a very magnetic personality and people naturally gravitate to you.

I had a bit of a stalker on the boards, a while back. I am not sure who it was but I have a pretty good idea.

I got a 2 week suspension for political posts, the day after the 2016 election, on the CGC Forum.

A CGC board created an account on that board, using a proxy IP address which mirrored my IP address.

I had a Blackhawk 133 CBCS 3.5 promo thread on this board, at the time.

Said individual used the faked IP address to post a link to my Blackhawk 133 CBCS eBay sale promo thread, ...which in turn got me banned from the CGC Forum.

Said individual continued posting on the CGC Forum, insulting CGC boardies, while proclaiming that he was me.

So yeah, there are definitely some whack jobs out there.

I never did appeal the ban, but I definitely should.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
From thread started here

Lead to this

Quote:
Quote:
I never understood why a cut coupon from an ad page not affecting the story would render a book incomplete. That's what they were there for right? So some 60's kid could send in for a life size skeleton or sea monkeys...

Incomplete is incomplete. A missing coupon , mvs , ad page , centerfold , etc IS incomplete. That's the way the grading standards have always been. Would you give full blue book for a car missing the passenger seat?

which lead to this

Quote:
I was just trying to be polite without pointing out that the very definition of incomplete is that there is something missing. So you'll pay the gent full gpa for the book as if it had the coupon?

which lead to this

Quote:
Please don't talk to me on this topic anymore. Ignorance is one thing but gross stupidity I have no time for. Miss me on any more 'as long as it doesn't affect the story what does it matter what's missing?' type commends. That's basically the gist. Incomplete is 0.5 at best. Missing a coupon is Incomplete. Period

Quote:
Quote:

As a new member I would be a little more welcoming on the forum if I were you. Most impolite and inappropriate.

Sounds like AtlasLad67 flew off the handle.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Wow, you read this and conditionfreaks unsolved missing person case and wonder what the heck is going on. Too many screwy scary people running around out there. You just have to be aware of everything around you at all times.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
From thread started here

Lead to this

Quote:
Quote:

which lead to this

Quote:

which lead to this

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Point of order: this thread was created about 23 hours ago, while your post to him...which was most appropriate and perfectly measured...was posted about 9 hours ago.

Otherwise, that and the word you're using is spelled "led", not "lead" (which is either the present tense, pronounced "leed", or the element), and you're spot on.

👻
Post 59 IP   flag post
Huh. My ghost got changed to....something else. How weird!

👻
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

@X-51

In person, it's not uncommon for people to hate me initially. At some point, I become everyone's favorite person. It may take a year, but it happens. I don't change. They do. Two different comic shops said I was their favorite customer when I went to them more frequently. There were three or four comic shops in the 90's trying to bribe me with extreme discounts to shop at their store. Before one LCS closed, there was a lady who would smile if she saw me in the store. She told the manager that she drove past 3 stores to shop at his because she liked the people who hung out there. There was only one other customer in the store. I guess she could have been talking about him. LOL!
Post 61 IP   flag post
I've had stalkers.

Yeah, all sorts.

Like hundreds of them.

I assume the rest of you have, too.

After all, "comic nerd" is next on the level of coolness, right below rock & roll star, right...?
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

@X-51

In person, it's not uncommon for people to hate me initially. At some point, I become everyone's favorite person. It may take a year, but it happens. I don't change. They do. Two different comic shops said I was their favorite customer when I went to them more frequently. There were three or four comic shops in the 90's trying to bribe me with extreme discounts to shop at their store. Before one LCS closed, there was a lady who would smile if she saw me in the store. She told the manager that she drove past 3 stores to shop at his because she liked the people who hung out there. There was only one other customer in the store. I guess she could have been talking about him. LOL!

Why would they hate you initially and then grow to love you?

Do you have the kavorka?
Post 63 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
This thread:

Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

@X-51

Do you have the kavorka?

I'm not one who cares if I conform to the norm. It takes them time to get used to what I'm going to say. People have to think too much in the beginning.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
This thread:

That was my favorite episode
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
This thread:

I hate the phrase "Jump the Shark!"
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
This thread:

Sweet, then I used it right.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Ooo, piece of candy!
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
This thread:

Sweet, then I used it right.

Congrats.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

@X-51

Do you have the kavorka?

I'm not one who cares if I conform to the norm. It takes them time to get used to what I'm going to say. People have to think too much in the beginning.

Examples?
Post 71 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Ooo, piece of candy!

James Woods?
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:

Examples?

That's just it. I say things based upon inspiration. I don't have a list of things I've said.

Last week I was telling people that "the general consensus is that flood insurance doesn't cover lava". It's not something that most people would ever say.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I find this thread fascinating
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

I find it's like cutting a hole in a perfectly good boat and then repairing it with FlexTape Clear.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
This thread:
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

I find it's like cutting a hole in a perfectly good boat and then repairing it with FlexTape Clear.

.... and admiring the work while looking at it through a clip-on tactical visor.
Post 78 IP   flag post
More like this...

Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
This thread:

I loved Megaforce as a kid..I don't think I've seen it in 30 years....I'm sure if I watch it now I'll be in for a big disappointment...
Post 80 IP   flag post
601320 135 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.