Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

How can I block someone here?6480

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Unrelated question: How can I make life long friends here?

Yay! I get to use the word stippend!

A weekly stippend is the easiest way.

No you don't. Stippend ain't a word.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Unrelated question: How can I make life long friends here?

You already have at least one. Try not to lose me.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Anyways, I'm gonna say this is much funner.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasLad67
No I'm here to give opinions and hear opinions. Comic related only because my politics probably would get me dumped lol. But if I ask you to stop trying to engage me when I've already agreed to disagree then you should. I would. Anything else is ignorance

There's nothing wong with a good solid passionate debate. Sometimes it actually produces new and useful information. Sometimes both sides have valid points. A little clever "ribbing" can be fun. It's when the debate becomes circular or personal that it becomes a waste of space. If some info or opinion is posted on this board, anyone has the right to respond. I'm not taking sides, I don't even know what you and docbrown are debating. But he has a right to voice his opinion just as you or I do. I've been in a lot of forums in the past and have never seen a kill feature work.

Look around the World my friend. See the tragedies and atrocities that exist. Next look into yourself and question why on a comic book forum you are getting bent out of shape by someone you don't even know.

You answered your question in your very first post. You say "Just curious because Im not here to argue"

Don't..............
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Spawn
I'm not taking sides, I don't even know what you and docbrown are debating

We're not. This thread is in reference to the thread "Hulk #1 Cut Coupon." I am unrelated to the impetus for this thread.

Gotta read the whole board.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
I'm not taking sides, I don't even know what you and docbrown are debating

We're not. This thread is in reference to the thread "Hulk #1 Cut Coupon." I am unrelated to the impetus for this thread.

Gotta read the whole board.

Wish I had the time to read every post. I made a bad assumption. I really don't care who was involved or what the debate was. Other than inserting your avatar name, I stand by my posts.
Post 31 IP   flag post
No problem, apology accepted for the error.
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Just curious because Im not here to argue

On a forum, you’re going to see contradictory opinions to your own. No way out of that, and its a good thing. Everyone is wrong sometimes, and its good to know whats right!

Now, blocking those that are here simply to argue to the death no matter right or wrong... that would be a great service to add. Unfortunately cbcs has much much more important IT stuff to handle at the moment.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Just curious because Im not here to argue

On a forum, you’re going to see contradictory opinions to your own. No way out of that, and its a good thing. Everyone is wrong sometimes, and its good to know whats right!

Now, blocking those that are here simply to argue to the death no matter right or wrong... that would be a great service to add. Unfortunately cbcs has much much more important IT stuff to handle at the moment.

I can understand where AtlasLad67 is coming from to a degree as I don't suffer fools gladly either. But sometimes it's better to suffer in silence and realize you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it think. I don't believe many people like being told they're wrong, especially in a way that comes off as belittling, intended or not.

I always go by the rule of never say something on a message board that you would never say standing in front of that person.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Well, we can't all go around talking about how we were about to beat wholesale arse at a LCS over some obnoxious comments made on social media.

Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 37 IP   flag post
As always, actions speak louder than words. It's not what someone says, but how they behave, that tells the real story.

And everyone is perfectly capable of deluding themselves right into a completely fictitious narrative about themselves and who and what they are, thinking THEY are the "reasonable" ones, and the ones they rail against are the deluded, when nothing could be further from the truth.

There are people reading this that will think this is rich irony, that I am the delusional one. And that's not remotely a problem. The feeling is quite mutual when they post their delusions. After all...do the deluded know they're deluded...? If they did, they wouldn't be deluded, would they...?

Actions will out. What someone DOES, not what someone SAYS, is the test. Self-examination is critical. Don't think you're above deluding yourself. I'm not, you're not, no one is.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Just always think WWDD:
Post 39 IP   flag post
If the worst thing happening in life is consternation over what some bozo is replying to you on a comic book forum, you live a pretty charmed existence. Count your blessings.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
If the worst thing happening in life is consternation over what some bozo is replying to you on a comic book forum, you live a pretty charmed existence. Count your blessings.

But what if it's not the worst thing happening in life....?

Post 41 IP   flag post

Post 42 IP   flag post
Just remember:
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
I always go by the rule of never say something on a message board that you would never say standing in front of that person.

I do too, but people are amazed at what I'll say to someone's face.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:

Arguments on a message board have resulted in stalking and murder. I've had online stalkers. I keep layered profiles that send up a red flag to me when someone has a disconcerting fascination with my personal life. I knew one guy online that got into an argument with another guy. The other guy was calling his neighbors trying to disrupt his personal life. The other guy claimed to be a counter-intelligence instructor for the govt.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Good question. Let's say you have a family member who is going through a life endangering medical situation. And you (AtlasLad67) start claiming to be the final authority on coupon clipping, initiates name calling, and is so bent out of shape over it that he/she doesn't want responses from his/her perceived foe and wants them blocked?

Whew, that was a long sentence there. Better take a break and have my butler bring me over a spot of lemonade, crackers and caviar.....😎
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user

Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Arguments on a message board have resulted in stalking and murder. I've had online stalkers. I keep layered profiles that send up a red flag to me when someone has a disconcerting fascination with my personal life. I knew one guy online that got into an argument with another guy. The other guy was calling his neighbors trying to disrupt his personal life. The other guy claimed to be a counter-intelligence instructor for the govt.

@X-51

Are you joking about the layered profiles and so on?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good question. Let's say you have a family member who is going through a life endangering medical situation. And you (AtlasLad67) start claiming to be the final authority on coupon clipping, initiates name calling, and is so bent out of shape over it that he/she doesn't want responses from his/her perceived foe and wants them blocked?

Whew, that was a long sentence there. Better take a break and have my butler bring me over a spot of lemonade, crackers and caviar.....😎

I don't know who/what/why Atlas wants to block but what you described reminds me of an episode of Black Mirror.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Christmas_(Black_Mirror)
Post 49 IP   flag post
From thread started here

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/6475/page/1/hulk-1-cut-coupon-what-grade/

Lead to this

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serling1978
I never understood why a cut coupon from an ad page not affecting the story would render a book incomplete. That's what they were there for right? So some 60's kid could send in for a life size skeleton or sea monkeys...

Incomplete is incomplete. A missing coupon , mvs , ad page , centerfold , etc IS incomplete. That's the way the grading standards have always been. Would you give full blue book for a car missing the passenger seat?

which lead to this

Quote:
I was just trying to be polite without pointing out that the very definition of incomplete is that there is something missing. So you'll pay the gent full gpa for the book as if it had the coupon?

which lead to this

Quote:
Please don't talk to me on this topic anymore. Ignorance is one thing but gross stupidity I have no time for. Miss me on any more 'as long as it doesn't affect the story what does it matter what's missing?' type commends. That's basically the gist. Incomplete is 0.5 at best. Missing a coupon is Incomplete. Period

which lead to me pointing out

Quote:
Quote:
Ignorance is one thing but gross stupidity I have no time for.

As a new member I would be a little more welcoming on the forum if I were you. Most impolite and inappropriate.

which most likely lead to this thread being created.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
From thread started here

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/6475/page/1/hulk-1-cut-coupon-what-grade/

Lead to this

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serling1978
I never understood why a cut coupon from an ad page not affecting the story would render a book incomplete. That's what they were there for right? So some 60's kid could send in for a life size skeleton or sea monkeys...

Incomplete is incomplete. A missing coupon , mvs , ad page , centerfold , etc IS incomplete. That's the way the grading standards have always been. Would you give full blue book for a car missing the passenger seat?

which lead to this

Quote:
I was just trying to be polite without pointing out that the very definition of incomplete is that there is something missing. So you'll pay the gent full gpa for the book as if it had the coupon?

which lead to this

Quote:
Please don't talk to me on this topic anymore. Ignorance is one thing but gross stupidity I have no time for. Miss me on any more 'as long as it doesn't affect the story what does it matter what's missing?' type commends. That's basically the gist. Incomplete is 0.5 at best. Missing a coupon is Incomplete. Period

which lead to me pointing out

Quote:
Quote:
Ignorance is one thing but gross stupidity I have no time for.

As a new member I would be a little more welcoming on the forum if I were you. Most impolite and inappropriate.

which most likely lead to this thread being created.

Post 51 IP   flag post

Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

@X-51

No. I've seriously had stalkers. I've known people who had stalkers. I chatted about such things with a guy who claimed he was "there" working in the Computer Science dept. (USC or one of those California colleges) when the internet was first connected. He had stalkers and claimed that someone showed up at a coworkers doorstep thinking the person was him. One guy kept calling his boss and was trying to get him fired.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

Bingo!!! I trust anyone on this board concerning grading, handling, selling, etc over a newbie that loudly claims to be the final authority on coupon clipping. If someone dares to voice a dissenting opinion he/she initiates the name calling, tells the person to stop replying to him/her and has the audacity to start a new post on blocking the perceived foe.

Incredible.

Now having stated all that I have nothing against AtlasLad67 and hope he/she can see that being rude to long term members of the forum is the wrong way to introduce themselves to the group. Maybe AtlasLad67 has some great comic book skills and can contribute and benefit from this discussion board. But that's what it is: a discussion board. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinions. We'll see if he/she learns the errors of his/her ways and becomes a solid citizen of the forum.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

@X-51

No. I've seriously had stalkers. I've known people who had stalkers. I chatted about such things with a guy who claimed he was "there" working in the Computer Science dept. (USC or one of those California colleges) when the internet was first connected. He had stalkers and claimed that someone showed up at a coworkers doorstep thinking the person was him. One guy kept calling his boss and was trying to get him fired.

I'm not surprised you've had stalkers. You've said you have a very magnetic personality and people naturally gravitate to you.

I guess that doesn't translate into text very well.

Post 55 IP   flag post
601329 135 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.