CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Foreign

Official Foreign Comics thread64

Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Define999
@Sagii

Who knows most of these are relatively unknown to the market at large....

I have another 2 editions... a beat up Mexican Prensa and a pretty nice German.




Didn't know you are doing that set
Post 151 • IP   flag post
Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't know you are doing that set. Cool
Post 152 • IP   flag post
Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
Last EH issue of that serie


Post 153 • IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouet
Didn't know you are doing that set. Cool


Yea, it's been awhile since I updated it. Sort in cryo-sleep right now.
Post 154 • IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
@pouet those last EH issues from the 80's had tiny print runs right? High grade goodness....
Post 155 • IP   flag post


Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
That Wonder Woman is not that rare, but very hard to find in HG. At CBCS for grading right now
Post 156 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
what did you submit your foreign books as? I am not sure of the year that many were published, and have no idea if there is a published value for them.
Post 157 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
How about some Tom and Jerry? Here are three comics in three languages (Spanish, German, and French I think) and three different sizes, too.




Post 158 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's two that I picked up new in Colombia.



Post 159 • IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
A little beat. Superman 7 french ed.
Post 160 • IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Maverick Beautiful!
Post 161 • IP   flag post
Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
what did you submit your foreign books as? I am not sure of the year that many were published, and have no idea if there is a published value for them.


I don't really care about the value. Not always easy to know the publishing date. I only grade what I like most of the time to protect those rare book for myself.
Post 162 • IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Here's two that I picked up new in Colombia.



LOVE these!
Post 163 • IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
Great books guys! Keep em coming!
Post 164 • IP   flag post
Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
Hulk from Iceland.


Post 165 • IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
@pouet Super cool!
Post 166 • IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Alright... time to make Define999 drool with some really hard to find books.

From the Philippines.





From Colombia.



Post 167 • IP   flag post
Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
Nice Tim

Speaking of rare comics. Vampirella #1 from Colombia. This issue have double cover, the interior one being the classic Frazetta #1



Post 168 • IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser Wow dude... big guns indeed! Super rare FIlipino bats topped off with Columbian EPUCAL bats! Most people might not realize, but those 4 books are probably the rarest most difficult foreign editions of each issue. Huge post....
Post 169 • IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
@pouet Love this!!!!Man Columbia is a tough nut to crack. owning any edition from there is a big deal....
Post 170 • IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
I collect most foreign books since I live in Canada and most of the publishers I read are US based :p I figure you folks would get upset if I started posting images of those
Post 171 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
I collect most foreign books since I live in Canada and most of the publishers I read are US based :p I figure you folks would get upset if I started posting images of those


LOL!!!
Post 172 • IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
@Oxbladder Yes this is a classification issue we have talked about before.... Foreign is relative depending on where you live. Non-US is probably more accurate....
Post 173 • IP   flag post
Collector Davidone private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Actually, two of my favorite comics from my collection are foreigns. Here are two Rambo comics that I got from Argentina. The man holding them is David Morrell, the author of Rambo!!! One of my fb friends, and I'm SURE he is here, got them signed by him in Santa Fe, NM., for me. He actually wrote "del padre de Rambo" (the father of Rambo) and signed them!! I included some of the interior art. For me, it is the interior art of these two comics that astound me, especially the coloring!!






I have never seen these! I love them! Look at those colors! If you get a chance, can you take a closer photo for us?


Thanks for the interest!! I can definitely take closer pictures or scans. I'm currently in the process of unpacking everything after a move, but I DO know which box they are in!! It's just a matter of getting to it!! LOL What are you interested in exactly? I actually had to shrink the two interior scans to fit on the forum.


I would love to see a closer photo of those Rambo covers! It is a great shot of David Morrell holding them, but it is difficult to see the cover details. They look very cool.
Post 174 • IP   flag post
Collector Davidone private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Here's two that I picked up new in Colombia.




Colombian books have been among some of the toughest editions for us to find. If you come across any key Colombian super hero books, let me know =)
Post 175 • IP   flag post
Collector Davidone private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
Alright... time to make Define999 drool with some really hard to find books.

From the Philippines.





From Colombia.





This post makes my stomach hurt. People have no idea......
Post 176 • IP   flag post
Collector Davidone private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
I collect most foreign books since I live in Canada and most of the publishers I read are US based :p I figure you folks would get upset if I started posting images of those


You bring up a very good point. Coming up with a proper language usage for this genre of collecting has been challenging. It's something that we are all aware of. This section of the hobby is still in it's infancy and I suspect our terms will continue to evolve.
We are still attempting to change the old language (and perception) of the "foreign reprints" classification. Technically, these should be referred to as "foreign editions," or "international editions." These books are unique new editions, published for the first time in their respective countries. They are not re-printings from a used plate, re-published to satisfy a continuing demand after a first printing has sold out.
Baby steps...
Post 177 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned a few more Arabic comics to post. These have the covers from Superman #284 and World's Finest # 214. I have included scans of the back/front covers also.






Post 178 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
And here are two with the covers from Superboy 207 and 208.




Post 179 • IP   flag post
Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
I really like that cover. From Portugal


Post 180 • IP   flag post
657131 462 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?