CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Foreign

Official Foreign Comics thread64

Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
This Thread is on FIRE!! Keep em coming! Another Australian Bugs Bunny

Damn newsprint covers... practically begging to pop a staple... Cool book!
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

I'm not in the same league as most of you, but I do have a few foreigns. Here is an Australian copy of Egbert.

Glad to have you here in our madness Jesse!
Post 127 IP   flag post
This Brazilian EBAL TEC 400 probably had some punk kid scribbling on a paper directly above it. If I could go back in time and travel to Brazil I would give that kid a good spanking. You don't treat classic EBALS like this dammit!!!

Dutch FF52! T'Challa rises....

Tough Greek black battle cover! Greek FF112....

Post 128 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, two of my favorite comics from my collection are foreigns. Here are two Rambo comics that I got from Argentina. The man holding them is David Morrell, the author of Rambo!!! One of my fb friends, and I'm SURE he is here, got them signed by him in Santa Fe, NM., for me. He actually wrote "del padre de Rambo" (the father of Rambo) and signed them!! I included some of the interior art. For me, it is the interior art of these two comics that astound me, especially the coloring!!

Post 129 IP   flag post
Wonderful Indonesia... Indo Wolvie 1

A beautiful non-Canon "Palacio" Mexican Spidey!

Italian TOD1 with rare stickers....

German DC Horror...

Post 130 IP   flag post

@Jesse_O I was waiting for ya to bust these out! Yup that's me Jesse! David Morrell was very cool... I talked to him about foreign stuff and he was fascinated. David really enjoyed seeing these... He told me stories about working with Stallone and a bunch of other neat stuff. Thanks for giving me that opportunity Jesse...
Post 131 IP   flag post
For some reason it appears some of my posts went in twice? Certainly wasn't planned?
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
.. Caps from Thailand anyone? ..

Post 133 IP   flag post
@KenWorthing Me Likey!!!!
Post 134 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I'm back with two SGF Lois Lane's in Arabic. The first one shows the cover from #87 and the second one shows #125.

Post 135 IP   flag post
@esaravo Sweeeeet! I love the Arabics.... novelty just drips off um...
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Define999
@KenWorthing Me Likey!!!!

Cheers, Matt
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector Davidone private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Mexican MACCS can be tough to find in decent condition. The paper is notoriously thin, and the books themselves are in a smaller format as well. This Mexican Ghostrider 1 is rough.... but in all honesty im just happy to own one.

I remember when this came up for sale on eBay. I passed on it because I didn't like the condition.
What is this now? 3-4 years later.... I have yet to see another one. I'm kicking myself for not buying this. These MACC books are so tough. Especially this series.
The condition looks a lot better to me now in hindsight, haha!
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector Davidone private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Actually, two of my favorite comics from my collection are foreigns. Here are two Rambo comics that I got from Argentina. The man holding them is David Morrell, the author of Rambo!!! One of my fb friends, and I'm SURE he is here, got them signed by him in Santa Fe, NM., for me. He actually wrote "del padre de Rambo" (the father of Rambo) and signed them!! I included some of the interior art. For me, it is the interior art of these two comics that astound me, especially the coloring!!

I have never seen these! I love them! Look at those colors! If you get a chance, can you take a closer photo for us?
Post 139 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidone
Quote:
Mexican MACCS can be tough to find in decent condition. The paper is notoriously thin, and the books themselves are in a smaller format as well. This Mexican Ghostrider 1 is rough.... but in all honesty im just happy to own one.

I remember when this came up for sale on eBay. I passed on it because I didn't like the condition.
What is this now? 3-4 years later.... I have yet to see another one. I'm kicking myself for not buying this. These MACC books are so tough. Especially this series.
The condition looks a lot better to me now in hindsight, haha!

I know bro, it hurt to pay as much as I did..... but I knew it was the only one I had ever seen for sale on Ebay. Rarity trumps condition in this game, but your older and wiser now son. I know you will never let me get away with a book like this that easy again! LOL
Post 140 IP   flag post
Big gun time....

Greek Iron Man 55. Does not contain the story but only the cover... Ask me if I care? This book is so freakin rare we only know of 2 in North America. David has one and I....

Brazilian EBAL Spiderman 6

Italian FF 67

Finish mail away Spiderman 129

And last but not least.. the rarest Star Wars 1 on the planet! The South African Supercomix SW #1.

Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Define999 Those are great.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
This Thread is on FIRE!! Keep em coming! Another Australian Bugs Bunny

Damn newsprint covers... practically begging to pop a staple... Cool book!
LOL thanks!
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This Brazilian EBAL TEC 400 probably had some punk kid scribbling on a paper directly above it. If I could go back in time and travel to Brazil I would give that kid a good spanking. You don't treat classic EBALS like this dammit!!!

Dutch FF52! T'Challa rises....

Tough Greek black battle cover! Greek FF112....

Seeing how hot the first Panther book is now, I wonder how much of a premium this edition could bring? Cool use of colors on that one.
Post 144 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iago19
@Define999 Those are great.

Thanks bro!
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii Oooh, Nice. I kind of like that version better.
Post 146 IP   flag post
@Sagii

Who knows most of these are relatively unknown to the market at large....

I have another 2 editions... a beat up Mexican Prensa and a pretty nice German.

Post 147 IP   flag post
You rarely see silver age Mexican stuff in this condition. This book would be considered nosebleed high grade... Prensa Daredevil #1

And now the very cool National Bookstore Filipino Xmen 101. Very few Filipino books survived the island.

Post 148 IP   flag post
The Spanish El SOl books were supplements to the Sol newspaper issues in Spain. Printed on cheap newsprint these books can be hard to find decent as well.... I love the editorial art decisions on covers. Some Classic covers were cropped like these two.... still other issue covers were scrapped completely for panels on the inside.

And probably my favorite Lebanese Arabic I currently own, rough but loved.....

Post 149 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidone
Quote:

I have never seen these! I love them! Look at those colors! If you get a chance, can you take a closer photo for us?

Thanks for the interest!! I can definitely take closer pictures or scans. I'm currently in the process of unpacking everything after a move, but I DO know which box they are in!! It's just a matter of getting to it!! LOL What are you interested in exactly? I actually had to shrink the two interior scans to fit on the forum.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Sagii

Who knows most of these are relatively unknown to the market at large....

I have another 2 editions... a beat up Mexican Prensa and a pretty nice German.

Didn't know you are doing that set
Post 151 IP   flag post
Didn't know you are doing that set. Cool
Post 152 IP   flag post
Last EH issue of that serie

Post 153 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouet
Didn't know you are doing that set. Cool

Yea, it's been awhile since I updated it. Sort in cryo-sleep right now.
Post 154 IP   flag post
@pouet those last EH issues from the 80's had tiny print runs right? High grade goodness....
Post 155 IP   flag post
598069 462 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?