Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Foreign

Official Foreign Comics thread64

Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Yup, and probably the biggest edition of those would be the New Mutants 98! Do you own one Southerncross?
Post 76 IP   flag post
Speaking of Aussie land.... I just received this yesterday!

Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareComics
Just got a beautiful book from Down Under. It has astonishing cover colors and co-stars one of the Golden Age's unique villains, XOG! Enjoy.

I cant believe the condition of this one!
Post 78 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Define999 Quote:
Originally Posted by Define999

6 penny Late 40s Australian book in colour. very rare
most Australian editions of American books and original Australian comics were printed in black and white to save costs
Post 79 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@southerncross Yup, and probably the biggest edition of those would be the New Mutants 98! Do you own one Southerncross?

I did own one. But had to sell it with the other 3.5k books I had. A major cull to fit 300 books into 3 suitcases to move with my wife here to the states.
A lot of books that will not be replaced.I was surprised to find I still had these. Doh
Should have kept the new mutants 98
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Define999 Quote:

6 penny Late 40s Australian book in colour. very rare
most Australian editions of American books and original Australian comics were printed in black and white to save costs

Awesome!
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I did own one. But had to sell it with the other 3.5k books I had. A major cull to fit 300 books into 3 suitcases to move with my wife here to the states.
A lot of books that will not be replaced.I was surprised to find I still had these. Doh
Should have kept the new mutants 98

Oh no! That sucks.... thats the one with big upside value-wise. Most NM98 peep obsessiveness are not even aware of this books existence.
Post 82 IP   flag post
And as that book only went thru the newsstands it be very hard to fine high grades. Also Australian collectors at the time picked up their books from comic shops that had the US cover price.And the Australian cover price books were looked down on. So not highly prized
Making for a rare book in the future
Post 83 IP   flag post
@southerncross Yup we know about this bias Southerncross... the indigenous bias rears its ugly head all over the world in many countries we hunt foreign books in. From my experience many Australian collectors have a particularly bad case of it. Very sad... but still not even the worst.
Post 84 IP   flag post
How bout a real treat? So I build the Spidey 201 set right? Well I think along with the Yugo this book right here is probably one of the toughest and rarest of the 201 editions easy. Orumcek Adam, cilt 96, digest size, Turkey is a tough nut to crack.... Couldn't find a date in the indicia but I now know it doesn't include the Spidey 201s story that I could find? And, not a shred of Punny either so I am confused why they chose to use 201s cover? But, who the hell cares when its sooo darn cool. Got a really neat back cover too!!!

Post 85 IP   flag post
Speaking of 201's! The Italian edition is pretty cool, but tough with stickers still included.... or should I say "adesivi".

Post 86 IP   flag post
Former Yugoslavia...

Post 87 IP   flag post
Greek and UK!

Post 88 IP   flag post
Swedish...

Ok now im just being a punk and showing off. This one is for you @southerncross.

The Aussie Yaffa 201.. love it! Notice they reversed the coloring of the target!

Post 89 IP   flag post
@Define999 Sweet looking book
I've never seen that book before
I did use to own the x-men issues. early claremont and Burn run
And the UK spideys with newspaper covers
my local dealer had a full run of them. It was an amazing sight
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Define999 Sweet looking book
I've never seen that book before
I did use to own the x-men issues. early claremont and Burn run
And the UK spideys with newspaper covers
my local dealer had a full run of them. It was an amazing sight

I bet! Neat... Yea I love the Yaffa stuff, THe UK stuff is pretty cool too but with those newsprint covers very tough to find in any kind of decent condition.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector Davidone private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings everyone! I heard this is the official thread for weirdos who collect worthless foreign reprints. I mean, do they even read comics in countries outside the US?! Anyway... my local comic shop had a giant box of these and they were paying people $50 to take them away. Before I begin shredding them, to use as cat litter, I thought you guys would like to see them.

Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidone
Greetings everyone! I heard this is the official thread for weirdos who collect worthless foreign reprints. I mean, do they even read comics in countries outside the US?! Anyway... my local comic shop had a giant box of these and they were paying people $50 to take them away. Before I begin shredding them, to use as cat litter, I thought you guys would like to see them.

It's bout time you showed up.... You smart ass David!!!! That has to be the coolest foreign edition Bats bootleg ever!!!!! Courtesy of our favorite bootleg paradise Indonesia! So jelly I'm shaking....
Post 93 IP   flag post
Here's another weird book. It's about some nerd who gets bitten by a radioactive spider. Instead of dying a horrible death from cancer, he receives the ability to jump high and stick to things. To protect his elderly aunt against criminals, he wears this ridiculous mask and matching pajamas. That was 1962 and it's now 2016 and she's still alive. Jokes on him. She's basically immortal.
Post 94 IP   flag post
I was laying in bed last night, staring at the ceiling, wondering if it was even possible for Superman to knock up his cousin. Could his sperm defeat her egg in procreation combat? What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? That kind of stuff really keeps me up....
Post 95 IP   flag post
@Davidone lol! Another bad ass book... Now that's an Arabic! Lol
Post 96 IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
And as that book only went thru the newsstands it be very hard to fine high grades. Also Australian collectors at the time picked up their books from comic shops that had the US cover price.And the Australian cover price books were looked down on. So not highly prized
Making for a rare book in the future

Great info! Thanks for sharing that!
Post 97 IP   flag post
I am sooooo loving seeing all these cool books, many of which I have never seen before.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector Mijael private msg quote post Address this user
Want to share this : One of my rarest Novaro´s Marvila (Wonder Woman ) Showcase 30 , this was published in 1961 the same year as the US version. I was a bit dissapointed when i received the book because of the tape on the spine but i just learned thanks to Overstreet that some low grades can allow amateur repairs such as tape.

The interior pages are very nice by the way

Post 99 IP   flag post
That's awesome mijael!!!! For an older novaro killer color strike too...
Post 100 IP   flag post
That Showcase 30 is awesome! It's great seeing so many foreign collectors we have not met yet. I want to take a second and introduce you guys to the official Foreign Comic Collectors instagram account, in case you didn't know about it. Please feel free to submit any photos to us to share. Thanks'
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBorock
I am sooooo loving seeing all these cool books, many of which I have never seen before.

We're just getting warmed up! I would like to thank you for taking our small niche' seriously and hiring an actual foreign expert to note our books. It really means a lot to us.
Post 102 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, just seeing some amazing stuff that most of us never even knew existed. Thanks to everyone for the postings.
Here are some more scans of my Arabic comics. This one's cover is from Adventure #355 (1967) and says 197? inside (looks like 197V - 1975?). In addition to the cover story, it also includes a Supergirl story, a few pages of articles, a puzzle, and what looks like a letters section. I have included a scan of the back cover, which appears to have a taped on price tag (S 50). I will try to post a few more tonight.

Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Wow, just seeing some amazing stuff that most of us never even knew existed. Thanks to everyone for the postings.
Here are some more scans of my Arabic comics. This one's cover is from Adventure #355 (1967) and says 197? inside (looks like 197V - 1975?). In addition to the cover story, it also includes a Supergirl story, a few pages of articles, a puzzle, and what looks like a letters section. I have included a scan of the back cover, which appears to have a taped on price tag (S 50). I will try to post a few more tonight.

I love the back. It's an ad for the collected volumes. I did not realize they collected them so early.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBorock

We're just getting warmed up! I would like to thank you for taking our small niche' seriously and hiring an actual foreign expert to note our books. It really means a lot to us.

Glad you are just getting "warmed up", Davidone!

Really, no need to thank me, I love our hobby and every part of it. These books are so great that I want CBCS to treat them, and the people who collect them, with the respect they deserve. COMIC BOOKS ROCK!
Post 105 IP   flag post
600771 462 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?