Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector pouet private msg quote post Address this user

Post 231 IP   flag post
Nice Vampirella spoof
Post 232 IP   flag post
Collector NScott private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Friends,

Just introducing you to our new website dedicated to Foreign Comics!

Globo Cómico: Foreign Comics Information Resource
http://www.globalcomiccollection.com

We have over 2000 issues from 58 countries fully documented plus a geographical international comics Publisher List, a huge list of Foreign Comic Resources organized geographically, and a Foreign Comics Online Shop with over 100 issues currently available. Articles & Interviews coming soon!

Our Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/GloboComico/

Our Facebook Online International Comics Shop - https://www.facebook.com/GloboComico/

If you have any questions, please feel free to be in touch directly!

N. Scott Robinson, Ph.D.
sonrob@msn.com

Post 233 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NScott
Dear Friends,

Just introducing you to our new website dedicated to Foreign Comics!

We have over 2200 issues from 58 countries fully documented plus a geographical international comics Publisher List, a huge list of Foreign Comic Resources organized geographically, and a Foreign Comics Online Shop with over 100 issues currently available. Articles & Interviews coming soon!

Our Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/GloboComico/

Our Facebook Online International Comics Shop - https://www.facebook.com/GloboComico/

If you have any questions, please feel free to be in touch directly!

N. Scott Robinson, Ph.D.
sonrob@msn.com

@NScott
Post 234 IP   flag post
A few Samples from the Globo Cómico Collection:

RUSSIA

AUSTRALIA

COLOMBIA

CZECH REPUBLIC

SLOVAKIA

MALAYSIA

SINGAPORE

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

KUWAIT

CHINA (mainland)

EGYPT

LEBANON

PHILIPPINES

CROATIA

SOUTH KOREA

JAPAN

Thanks for viewing!

N. Scottt Robinson, Ph.D.
sonrob@msn.com

Globo Cómico

Post 235 IP   flag post

Post 236 IP   flag post

Post 237 IP   flag post
SOUTH AFRICA with poster

Thanks for viewing!

N. Scott Robinson
sonrob@msn.com

Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector GreatComicsByCG private msg quote post Address this user

Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector ubermanx private msg quote post Address this user
Not only is this a low print Canadian comic it is the even lower print Canadian comic in French.

My website chronicles all the Captain Canuck issues.
Post 240 IP   flag post
CBCS Daniel_E private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone. Just picked this up from the post office today. This cover is very interesting to me because it uses the the Nova from the original cover with a new background. What is really cool is that he is in his "Kid Nova" costume on this cover which Nova only used for a few issues in New Warriors

Quick question about this though. How would I go about figuring out what year this came out in? The dates in the indicia dont make a lot of sense to me and I don't read Spanish. Any help would be appreciated.

Post 241 IP   flag post
Here is a copy of the indicia.

Post 242 IP   flag post
1973 is the date this story was published in the USA.

1974 is the date this issue was published in Spain.

The 1968 date I'm not sure but it might be the year Magazine Management started licensing Marvel material.
Post 243 IP   flag post
Quote:
1973 is the date this story was published in the USA.

1974 is the date this issue was published in Spain.

Nova 1 came out in '76 which was why I didn't understand the dates.
Post 244 IP   flag post
Ok, in that case then I think the problem is the title, which is not Nova.

The title is Selecciones Marvel, which was 1st published in Spain in 1977. According the the Spanish database Tebeosfera, this issue is dated as 1978.

The indica is still confusing. EDITIONS VÉRTICE had been publishing Marvel material well before 1974 so it can't indicate when they began licensing from Marvel.

It's fairly common with international editions to find publishing errata such as mis-numbering of issues but this may not be the case here. You'll have to check with an expert in Spain to see what the indica could mean. Hope this helps!

N. Scott Robinson
sonrob@msn.com
Post 245 IP   flag post
I see, thanks for the info. If it was published in 1978 that's 11 years before this costume debuted in the states which is incredible to me.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Mis-coloring is also quite common! I have numerous examples of Thor and Captain American without pants from multiple countries as well as highly mis-colored characters - you should see the Daredevil from Yugoslavia with blue shorts, green gloves, and yellow belt!
Post 247 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Mis-coloring is also quite common! I have numerous examples of Thor and Captain American without pants from multiple countries as well as highly mis-colored characters - you should see the daredevil from Yugoslavia with green shorts and yellow gloves!

This was my thought. I know the reprints that I bought in Greece during the late 70s were notorious for this
Post 248 IP   flag post
Here are some examples of whatI mean.

MIS-NUMBERING

These are Gotham Comics editions from India. The shark cover is actually #6. Without confirming with dealers from India who knew what came out first, you'd think this was a variant cover! You'll never find one with #6 on the cover. That drove me crazy for a while until I started seeing this in other countries/series/publishers.

This is an issue of Grendaiyzer from Lebanon. What looks like "70" in the upper left corner is actually Arabic numbers for 68. Arabic is read right to left except for numbers, which are read left to right!
Post 249 IP   flag post

This one reads as #63 but it is not!

This one is #63.

What the publisher did during this run from #58-71 is publish an issue and then 2 issues later the same thing was re-published. The only difference between the 2 editions is one includes small Arabic writing on the cover. In consistency with the run, this second Spider-man story would appear as #68 (two issues after the previous example #65). That took a while to figure out but the plus side is I can read Arabic numbers now!
Post 250 IP   flag post
MIS-COLORING

These are all from Yugoslavia.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up over the weekend.

Australian, reprints Marvel and Charlton stories.

Post 252 IP   flag post
Quote:
MIS-COLORING

These are all from Yugoslavia.

These are very cool. When you say mis-coloring it sounds like a mistake. Or was this just artistic license?
Post 253 IP   flag post
Can't really say for certain. We know for sure in the later 1960s when Marvel super hero stories first appeared in Yugoslavia (1967), the color directions were not given with the original art so they did what they wanted. But this occurred into the 1980s even after the colors were correct in preceding issues so it's probably a little of both.

Here's one from Indonesia: original art & story and a Thor without pants! Maybe it's Norse God Indo summer wear??

Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
Great books guys! Personally I think most coloring changes were done consciously in the sense that without color info they did what they wanted. And even with the right color seps its not like today where a foreign license holder cant fart without Marvel or DC's permission. You have to remember that license holders back then were sorta givin free rein to do whatever they wanted. This was pre-internet and pre-globalization, the stuff the license holders were creating was never supposed to come back to haunt Marvel or DC. All Marvel or DC cared about was that the check cleared. Thats why the Greeks were able to leave the Spidey villain Shockers name a literal dildo in one issue. Who cares its funny right… boy times have changed…. LOL

And thats just the licensed stuff, one of the most interesting areas of the foreign niche are the bootlegged editions. An entire book could be written about the Indonesian bootlegging comic world all by itself!
Post 255 IP   flag post
597875 462 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?