Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics PedigreesMemorabiliaPop Culture

Owner History in Grader Notes Suggestion5611

Collector ozonetv private msg quote post Address this user
I recently picked up some amazing early x-men from their original owner. I realized that knowing who was the first person to buy the books off the news stand added a lot to their value. It kind of breathed life into all the little creases and tears it gathered through the years...they weren't just defects to be deducted by graders anymore.

With that in mind, I think adding an optional book history category would be a great addition to the graders notes. Knowing who, where and when would be a nice connection to make for future owners, and a record of the previous owners would be a way of giving them credit as well.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dfarrarjr private msg quote post Address this user
Nice haul.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
How would you prove something like that? Short of saving my receipts, I'm not sure I could prove I'm the original owner of the books in my own collection. However, some books are notated as coming from personal collections.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@ozonetv - Awesome pickup! I have been collecting X-Men off and on for 45 years. You just grabbed 5 of the 6 issues I need to complete the non-reprint original run.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarrarjr
Nice haul.

Definitely. I once had #13 & #14....

Sadly.....*begins crying*....I sold the both for $80.00 to pay mortgage.

One day again I will own them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm the only owner that matters!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector ozonetv private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
How would you prove something like that? Short of saving my receipts, I'm not sure I could prove I'm the original owner of the books in my own collection. However, some books are notated as coming from personal collections.

I know its totally not a practical idea....but it would have to be non-verified and optional..an additional info area.

Projecting far out in the future, I think it would be pretty cool to know who the past owners of the book were.
Post 8 IP   flag post
601244 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?