Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS Signature VSP

Blog post about VSP4945

Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulus
While it is something that CBCS takes seriously and will look into, it is important to note that CBCS does not confirm the authenticity of the sketches submitted to us under the Verified Signature Program.

But the label header says: "Authentic Signature & Artwork"

?

Notice the raw artwork at the top of this image.
Sal Bucema and Herb Trimpe. Those are two examples of artwork that were rejected by CBCS which leads me to believe this person was manufacturing fake artwork.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

When an opinion differs from something we feel strongly about, it's easy to feel that way even when it's not the case. Some people sound caustic and neither feel that way nor do they know they sound that way.

That's absolutely true. And there are a lot of people who are absurdly oversensitive, and see insult and offense in any and every comment. People who are actively seeking to be offended, and who take it upon themselves to lecture everyone else about social interaction, when they're the worst offenders of all. They rush in like white knights, to "save" people from the "meanies", when they were neither asked nor needed to do any "saving."

It's a strange, heavily ironic world we find ourselves in.
Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
The grading company is at fault. Not any seller or even an amateur artist who may or may not be trying to fraud others. Of course almost every case would be a fraud attempt, IMO.

If you are going to have a company that certifies a signature on a drawn page to be legit. It is incumbent upon said grading company to directly address on the label, that the signature was either witnessed or verified by authentication, and the artwork on the book should not be assumed to be by the signee if it was not witnessed.

You can't just leave it out there hanging.

"VERIFIED SIGNATURE, ARTWORK UNVERIFIED" would be one way to go.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
I love Sending books in for VSP! I hope it's here to stay! Go CBCS!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

How about..(Art Piece) with (an authentic signature). ?? Problem is wording and making something clearer based on audience perception and feedback. Just a question of a little fine tuning.
Post 55 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett

Are you tall or is he short?
Post 56 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@antoniofett = Wil Wheaton! OMG
Post 57 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett

Are you tall or is he short?

I'm 5'10 so....
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

I just saw this, too funny! My classmates say I look like Q from impractical jokers!
Post 60 IP   flag post
Rosie O donnell?
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
But a key book suck as xmen 1 probably doesn't matter if it's Monday morning tho right?

Key book.or not, you will invariably lose out on traffic, if an auction closes during a workday morning.

Less traffic when a book is ending, may or may not mean less bids, but usually it means less bids.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@comic_book_man thanks for saying that. I’m over it and would like to have fun and constructive conversations. I don’t personally attack people and I use CBCS For grading. So I don’t get it. CAK has it out for me?

WRT my inability to prove/disprove what I have said, anyone can look at your previous posts.Anyone can look at my previous posts.I am not going to spend half an hour digging through thru old posts to find links.

WRT this post:

Actually, you have referred to me as a "bully" in at least 2 threads.

This thread,and this thread:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/4766/page/1/1-day-with-vsp-tat-test/

If that "bully" isn't a personal attack, than I don't know what a personal attack is.

It strikes me more as deflection, actually but it is still a personal attack.

Note that I do not resort to "name calling".

If I find someone's decorum or behavior to be objectionable, I will call them out on it.I would expect the same from other board members.

"Constructive conversations", huh?

How is making a meme, as you fid in this thread,with Trump and with your inserted text saying" YOU ARE FAKE ORIGINAL ART" anything close to "constructive conversation"?

Same as the linked thread, which basically states that CBCS's TAT is very subpar.

Your methodology is flawed, in thst thread.

For more on that, and your unfavorable slants towards CBCS...

Below is post #39, from your X-Men #1 thread:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/4528/page/2/cbcs-graded-x-men-1-ss-stan-lee-99-cents/

"
I bought this couple years back for $2500 + grading, pressing & Stan Fees. So a little above even I guess. Honestly the reason I'm selling it is my loss of confidence in CBCS to sustain long term. I don't want any high value comics in CBCS case anymore, too much risk. Can't transfer a CBCS SS back to CGC because of green label so only choice is to sell.
"

I don't "have it out" for you, I do not know you so that is a ridiculous thing to assert.

But I will defend myself from anyone who slights me or is otherwise less than forthcoming in their replies towards me.
Post 63 IP   flag post
because trump memes are funny? duh
Post 64 IP   flag post
y u salty brah?

Post 65 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
But the label header says: "Authentic Signature & Artwork

This is precisely why Americans should use the Oxford comma, always.

“Authentic Signature, and Artwork”

Ow, ow, ow! It hurts!

Yes on using the Oxford comma. I'm all for it. But no, that's not an Oxford comma. Sorry.

As for putting a comma there, it's probably acceptable in informal writing to do that ... to remove the ambiguity as to which words are being modified by "Authentic." But I don't think it is generally correct to do that.

How about "Authentic Signature with Artwork?" Or just "Authentic Signature," and let the marketplace figure out the art itself isn't authenticated? I think that's how I would do it.
Post 66 IP   flag post
:popcorn:
Post 67 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
That's weird ... this post was eleven days old when I replied just above, and I didn't notice. Because it was on the first page on the forum link for some reason. It should have been pages down by now. Wonder how that happened.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Correction is good, no matter how old.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector RichJohnston private msg quote post Address this user
>Two more things I want to note. First, CBCS was never contacted by Bleeding Cool for a comment until
>after they posted their article. Also to the best of my knowledge, no CBCS representative was asked to
>comment on the creator’s claim that the artwork was not genuine.

I just wanted to add, CBCS was contacted for comment well before publication, without response. Response to the original inquiry only came after publication. And that did include the issue about non-genuine artwork.

Those in question have also confirmed those are not their signatures. And that they don't just sign empty pieces of card or blank covers at the bottom.
Post 70 IP   flag post
>Not surprising as Bleeding Cool and CGC are in bed together.

Nothing any advertiser may do has an effect on what I write, or I would resign. Avatar is well aware of that. I have no more dealings with CGC than anyone else.
Post 71 IP   flag post
>How about "Authentic Signature with Artwork?" Or just "Authentic Signature," and let the marketplace >figure out the art itself isn't authenticated? I think that's how I would do it.

And what, as in this case, if the signatures are faked as well?
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJohnston

Those in question have also confirmed those are not their signatures. And that they don't just sign empty pieces of card or blank covers at the bottom.

Just an example

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEFENDERS-1-CGC-9-8-SS-Signed-by-Stan-Lee-Blank-Sketch-Variant-Dr-Strange-Hulk/201943982056?hash=item2f04cc9fe8:g:olUAAOSwBt5ZMKHU
Post 73 IP   flag post
But you are probably going to say that Stan Lee does not do any artwork so here is a McFarlane instead

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spawn-265-CGC-9-8-SS-Todd-McFarlane-Gold-Blank-Placement-Future-Sketch-Christmas/222730730844?hash=item33dbc93d5c:g:gz0AAOSwHNxaFzF7
Post 74 IP   flag post
But then again you are probably going to say that one is on the top - not the bottom - so let me get you another one where Todd has signed in the bottom. How any examples do you want?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spawn-265-CGC-9-8-SS-Todd-McFarlane-Red-Blank-Sketch-Edition-Perfect-4-Christmas/222751051757?hash=item33dcff4fed:g:FRQAAOSw0A9aFzJo
Post 75 IP   flag post
I was probably referring to Liefeld, but Todd did confirm those are not his signatures or artwork.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
I was probably referring to Liefeld, but Todd did confirm those are not his signatures or artwork.

Well - here is a Liefeld example. As said - how many examples do you want?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Youngblood-1-CGC-SS-9-8-Rob-Liefeld-blank-sketch-variant-IMAGE-comcis/142635480108?hash=item2135bcb42c:g:KdwAAOSwH3haP8A5
Post 77 IP   flag post
Btw - not saying there is no issue as matter has never been explained properly - but I don't believe for a second that the artists don't sign any blank sketch copies. They do!!!
Post 78 IP   flag post
Fair point. Maybe they just don't think they have. They did say that their signatures were fake. And I do think it's disingenuous for CBCS to say they only certify the signatures when a) the creators say they are fake and b) the sketches they are attached to are so clearly fake that it seems bizarre to believe they wouldn't have had some impact on the CBCS certifying process.

As to BC and CGC, I would utterly have reported the same thing about CGC, except these sellers highlighted weren't using CGC. The only difference is that I might have got a response when I first approached them.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Fair point. Maybe they just don't think they have. They did say that their signatures were fake. And I do think it's disingenuous for CBCS to say they only certify the signatures when a) the creators say they are fake and b) the sketches they are attached to are so clearly fake that it seems bizarre to believe they wouldn't have had some impact on the CBCS certifying process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Well - here is a Liefeld example. As said - how many examples do you want?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Youngblood-1-CGC-SS-9-8-Rob-Liefeld-blank-sketch-variant-IMAGE-comcis/142635480108?hash=item2135bcb42c:g:KdwAAOSwH3haP8A5

Well - maybe this signature certified by CGC is fake as well then
Post 80 IP   flag post
600667 96 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?