Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

1 Day (with VSP) TAT TEST4766

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Just in case anyone is curious about the TAT from CBCS on a 1 day order. I'll keep a log here.

Details: One Comic (will disclose more details after grading is complete), 1 day service, with Signature Verification (VSP) so I've been told that adds 1 week to the process. So ideally this should take a week and one day to ship, but we shall see.

Any bets on how long it will take?

11/8/2017: Delivered to CBCS' Offices, here we go.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, VSP, have no idea.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
10 days doorstep to doorstep
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa I want to chime in here too,
1x 2-Day (+VSP)
2x 2-Weeks

...so all 3 should ship by November 24th (1 package).
If they ship after the 27th (the following week) I'll be sad for #CBCSTAT.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man

So you sent in 3 comics? When were they delivered to cbcs' offices?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
I'd guess nothing before 12/8
Post 6 IP   flag post
@KingNampa Yep 3, received yesterday.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector eee91 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in a similar boat as comic_book_man-

1x 2-Day (with VSP)
1x 2-Week Quickstream (with VSP)

CBCS received the two books on October 16th, saying they'd be "processed within 3 weeks of receipt". Yesterday was exactly 3 weeks and the two books entered "Grading".

I don't mind waiting, because I know the CBCS guys are putting in the hours. But like you guys, I'm just intensely curious how much behind schedule they are.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Christmas Eve...ho ho ho.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector eee91 private msg quote post Address this user
My books shipped!

The estimate was three weeks - 2 week quickstream, plus 1 week for VSP.

Books arrived at CBCS: October 16th.
Books shipped by CBCS: November 9th.

Actual time spent in Florida was three weeks and three days.

If comic_book_man and KingNampa get their books back faster than a three day delay, this will absolutely prove that the universe is somehow out to get me...
Post 10 IP   flag post
@eee91 Thanks for the info. More hopeful now that they might be able to process mine in a week.
Post 11 IP   flag post
11/17/2017 update. Has been 1 week and 2 days now, so my original estimate is off.

Again this is for a 1 day service.

Called them and they anticipate to finish by next week Wednesday, but I’m not counting on that due to thanksgiving.

This 1 day is probably going to take 3 weeks in total to ship.... will update when I know more.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Simple solution. Just rename it "three week-ish TAT".

You're welcome CBCS.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
10 days doorstep to doorstep

Guess this means I lose
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Christmas Eve...ho ho ho.

I think I'm in the lead.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
11/17/2017 update. Has been 1 week and 2 days now, so my original estimate is off.

Again this is for a 1 day service.

Called them and they anticipate to finish by next week Wednesday, but I’m not counting on that due to thanksgiving.

This 1 day is probably going to take 3 weeks in total to ship.... will update when I know more.

No.

What you requested, and paid for, is clearly not a 1 day service.

CBCS is certainly on time with 1 day grading.

You paid for 1 day grading and tacked on a verified signature.

CSA verifies sigs,in 6 steps, not CBCS. This is not done in house at CBCS.

Nowhere on CBCS's site, is a 1 day TAT service offered for books graded with a VSP service.

Your "n=1 study" is contraindicated, from the start.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
contraindicated

But you "contraindicated" yourself
Post 17 IP   flag post
@KingNampa Sorry to hear about your results so far. My 2-Day is in the same boat. 😢
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
CBCS is certainly on time with 1 day grading

You know this how?

Quote:

I think maybe you dont read the discussion before replying?

Its clear that KN was told 1 week for vsp, and although the study is being referred to as “1-day”, the discussion revolves around 1 week for vsp plus 1day, plus shipping.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
CBCS is certainly on time with 1 day grading

You know this how?

Quote:

I think maybe you dont read the discussion before replying?

Its clear that KN was told 1 week for vsp, and although the study is being referred to as “1-day”, the discussion revolves around 1 week for vsp plus 1day, plus shipping.

I know this because I have had books graded by CBCS and I have absolutely no reason to believe otherwise.

Regarding your second question,
read the post that I directly qouted.Specifically, the bolded sentence.

This is misinformation and it does none of us, any good.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@CopperAgeKids You stated your case about my "contraindicated". Nobody cares. This thread is for logging TAT. Myself and a few other people are tracking the dates and logging it here for general information.

Quote:

Who is "us"? Because the other people in this thread were doing just fine until you stopped by. Move along to another thread and try and bait people there please.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
@CopperAgeKids You stated your case about my "contraindicated". Nobody cares. This thread is for logging TAT. Myself and a few other people are tracking the dates and logging it here for general information.

Quote:

Who is "us"? Because the other people in this thread were doing just fine until you stopped by. Move along to another thread and try and bait people there please.

If this thread were about tracking 1 day TAT times, per the title of the thread....than, the variable of VSP would not be introduced, at all.

It is simply illogical to state that you are attempting to track 1 day TAT on a sub, than throw in what can only be seen as a monkeywrench, into your "1 day* TAT tracking.

Point two:

By "us", I am referring to all of those who use CBCS for third party grading.

Not just the handful.of posters, in this thread.

Your thread title is misleading, at the least.

At the worst, your raison d’être on this board is to inject ill will and lessen market confidence towards CBCS.

You have been going about this, in one degree or another, since the new CBCS case thread.

As a proponent of CBCS, and CGC for that matter, contradictive speculating and railroading of one of the only two reputable third party grading firms....
does none of us any good.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I've resisted commenting on this thread. In the past I've enjoyed the posts of all involved so don't have much desire to take sides.

BUT>>>>> I will say that from moment one I've found this thread somewhat...misleading. I mean what is the point of an all caps thread topic of "1 DAY TAT TEST" that then goes on to - in the body of the article - to introduce a variable (signature verification) that doesn't even have an official amount of time it takes?

The "test" - as it is done here - tests ONLY this specific combination of services. A combination of services I - and most collectors are unlikely to EVER use. It's not a very good combination of services - unless submitting a signed book of such high value that you can't get away with using a less expensive tier. If VSP takes a week or two - which I believe it does - then what's the point of using a grading tier faster than a week? Is this like ordering a Shelby Mustang and asking for bicycle tires on it?

Combining these services doesn't tell us much. It won't tell us how long the one day grading service is actually taking and it won't tell us how long VSP normally takes.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Word up, IronMan.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 25 IP   flag post
Damn, everyone’s got a bone to pick about everything.

Too much detail, not enough detail, “doesnt tell us much”, etc... If anything this will tell us what the TAT on VSP is. Let the man track a TAT in peace, no?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Damn, everyone’s got a bone to pick about everything.

Too much detail, not enough detail, “doesnt tell us much”, etc... If anything this will tell us what the TAT on VSP is. Let the man track a TAT in peace, no?

If you want peace, you probably shouldn't post on comic book forums..

It doesn't really tell us what TAT are on VSP though - at least not in a useful way. If you submit under a tier that is taking several months, VSP probably doesn't add anything. So VSP turn times are only an issue on 1 day, 2 day and maybe Rapid. It would seem wise to avoid those tiers when at all possible if you are doing VSP.

It's the topic headline. It reminds me of a lot of Buzzfeed clickbait headlines. "PERSON ADDS VSP TO ONE DAY GRADING SERVICE. WHAT HAPPENED NEXT WILL AMAZE YOU!!" (it took longer. D'oh!)

But my apologies. I should have done what I normally do with clickbait. Just bounce quickly out.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
If you want peace, you probably shouldn't post on comic book forums..

Lol! 🍺
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Stealing this
Post 29 IP   flag post
whatever thread done. you win CAK. Bulling at it's best right here. "New Board Atmosphere" lol.

I wouldn't even need to make threads like this if we got TAT updates on a regular basis. Last one was 10/11/2017.

Cheers
Post 30 IP   flag post
596798 45 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?