Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeComics Pedigrees

Crack Comics 37 1945 Tom Reilly copy4691

Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user

SCARCE TOM REILLY PEDIGREE COPY
Re-Acquired a decade ago from the soul I sold it to in 1973.

Listed in my eBay store
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232535090358

CGC is sadly very arrogant to deem to pontificate that ponzi scheme firm could possibly know more about the Tom Reilly collection than this humble comics mercantiler, Robert Beerbohm. I am blessed to be the main guy "there" at the time who bought direct from the estate holders, and then that year personally sold more than 7/9 of the fabled pedigree Tom Reilly comic book holdings, erroneously known as the "San Francisco" collection.

The Tom Reilly collection surfaced in three equal copy count sections back in mid April, then early May and then late June 1973 with a bit over 4000 high grade comics in toto. There were a few dups. This "pedigree" collection was NEVER in San Francisco.

The "data" as such presented in Ernie Gerber's Photo Journal Guide as well as the "San Francisco" article in Between the Panels, a book published by Dark Horse, are wrong. If one does take the time to compare said "data" one would surmise both sources are talking about a completely different collection from each other.

The first section showed up Sunday afternoon at the UC-Berkeley comic book convention I co-hosted. Here is the Kim Deitch flier we printed up a few thousand back in the day to hand out.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
cool. I've heard of the tom reilly collection.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Big Shot Comics #43 1944 with a humor Hitler cover is another Tom Reilly copy currently in my eBay store

Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I have a single highest graded copy of Crack # 45 listed on Comic Connect.

Post 4 IP   flag post
598080 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?