Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Collectors SetsComics MagazinesComics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop Culture

Dark Nights: Metal - likes! and dislikes?4584

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user

Okay community...the story has been out now for a couple of months. Are you liking it or not?

IMO - I love the limited variants by Bulletproof and Dell'Otto, but more importantly and FINALLY -- a new Batman character!!

I could see this story converging with the DC/Vertigo series "Sandman" at some time in the future.

We are also seeing a new interest in the early Gaiman books in lieu of that conjecture. Hopefully it stays the course and you have something from the late 80s-early 90s.

Sandman #8 is a good one to keep in the investment column.

Anyhow......I've only decided upon what you see so far, but would love to hear what other think of the story and new characters or the issues art.

Cheers!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Orangestang private msg quote post Address this user
I love the Dell’Otto and Mattina variants. Dell’Otto made a Red Death cover for issue 3, FIRE!!!!

I am loving the 1 shots of each batman character, Jason Fabok did an amazing job with the cover art. I really hope the hype for the Batman Who Laughs is legit. If it bombs I will be very disappointed.
Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
That cover is amazing! We are fans of The Batman Who Laughs character. Looks super creepy!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector NilesPaine private msg quote post Address this user
I'll tell you what. I've been saying for yeeaarrsssss they should do some kind of Batman's darkest fears/deepest darkest sides come to fruition. I wasn't sure how I just knew they had to do it. I am thoroughly enjoying this. I hadn't seen that Del cover yet, that is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: You know what else?? If this Batman Who Laughs hits off SUPER BIG, we could see a permanent mainstay in the Universe, which would be VERY refreshing. He's terrifying. I'm looking forward to the drowned one too! I can't wait to see how they spin him coming to.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Batman Who Laugh looks so sinsiter! I never trusted anyone that had no nose and this character is no different!!!

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
The batman who laughs is the best thing coming out of this arc. It's the only reason I'm paying attention and the only disappointment is that he's had a limited part so far...but it's just leaving me wanting to see and know more about him! Definitely hit on something bid here if they stay the course with this character.

Speaking of which I'm going to start a thread to see what people consider his first appearance (cameo or otherwise). Basically, what comic would y invest in if he takes off?!

Didn't realize he had no nose! Yikes!
Post 7 IP   flag post
598092 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?