Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Pedigrees

Hello Halo3460

Collector keefriffhards private msg quote post Address this user
In the Overstreet Guide a couple pages is given over to the Australian grading company called Halo... (never seen any of their comics here in the US on eBay or anything), but from what I can tell (just got the book) no mention of PGX. Halo claims to be 100% Overstreet in their grading.
http://halocertificationptyltd.com/index.html
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
speaking of Overstreet Guide and since the other thread got archived...I'm loving this Overstreet's Guide to Grading Comics they put out. great visuals and examples with talking points given on each grade

I've never seen a halo book on ebay before
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I bid on a Halo graded comic in an auction yesterday. Not sure if we can post them on this forum. I'm going to guess that would be blocked also.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I sort of hoped CBCS is not threatened and possibly is not concerned about HALO info... I don't think anyone is going to go that route.. unless you love Australia or something...
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
No they have a Florida office

http://halocertificationptyltd.com/halo-cert-united-states.html
Post 5 IP   flag post
If they've been around since 2013 the website is not user friendly for submissions or invoices. everything looks like its email or snail mail only. meh

it is interesting that all 3 are mentioned in the third party graders section of my Overstreet Guide to Grading Comics, CGC, CBCS, and HALO. Only them, too.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
They are technically not allowed to be posted, because CGC is the only other company CBCS has officially recognized as legitimate. HALO is still very new though, and an Australian company, so of little competition to either of the big two US companies. Hopefully they turn out to be a good thing for the collectors down under.
Post 7 IP   flag post
New to 2013.
Post 8 IP   flag post
And they are still #New.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
I want a Halo slab now.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I've run across a couple on e-Bay. I think the ones I saw were self-proclaimed "prototypes". Kinda cool if ya think about it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
I want a Halo slab now.

Now I want one!
Post 12 IP   flag post
The only Halo book I found on e-Bay at the moment.
Post 13 IP   flag post
And begin countdown...
Post 14 IP   flag post
@00slim You missed some.

clickable text

clickable text

clickable text

clickable text

clickable text

And there's several more...your ebay-fu is weak young grasshopper.
Post 15 IP   flag post
must be a wolverine thing clickable text
Post 16 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke you want some Turtle soup from down under?

clickable text
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
The fact that "Halo" is also a huge sci-fi franchise with games, books, and comics makes searching for these especially hard too. They didn't think out their branding very well lol.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently there is a 5 book minimum for standard grading.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
The fact that "Halo" is also a huge sci-fi franchise with games, books, and comics makes searching for these especially hard too. They didn't think out their branding very well lol.

Yeah. I just searched "Halo graded".

Of course, not everyone says "CBCS Graded" in their listing title. Some just say the brand & number grade.

All the Halo game related stuff made it tricky.
Post 21 IP   flag post
What I did was search "Halo comic" then sorted by most expensive.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I love the link to their US Site with 'Del Stewart' being the contact... I think it is just a guy who ships them off for you and takes your money...
Post 23 IP   flag post
@keefriffhards even their Australian site doesn't have any invoicing features, everything by email. Which is why I called them still #New despite being 4 years old. Look how far CBCS has come in only 3 years.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I wonder what there slabs are like...
http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefriffhards
I wonder what there slabs are like...
http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

She'll be apples and aces mate! Now grab some amber fluid while I put another shrimp on the barbie.
Post 26 IP   flag post
It cost big bikkies!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Why do they have so many meanings for the word Bluey? LMAO 😂
Post 28 IP   flag post
597881 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?