CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

DC Extended Universe (DCEU)266

Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Discuss

Post 1 IP   flag post
Suicide Squad is really looking good based on the trailers!

Good read.. clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Totally agree but I am waiting for is The Shazam movie coming out. Want to see how epic Black Adam ia going to be
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Iago19 private msg quote post Address this user
@JazzyJeffie @Absolute_Zero I agree. Both these movies look and sound good so far. Hope they knock it out the park.
Post 4 IP   flag post
So agree with you @lago19 on the DCEU. I saw BVS 5 times the week it came out and felt awed and happy everytime I left the theater. Really can't wait till August for the Suicide Squad to come out. Is it August yet lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
I wonder who they'll get as Shazam/Captain Marvel? Dwayne Johnson seemed like good casting for Captain Marvel himself, but was cast as the villain instead.
Post 6 IP   flag post
And wow, Ben Affleck is really into the DCEU now:

CDA News: Ben Affleck getting more control in the DC Extended Universe
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of the DCEU, did anybody read about Constantine possibly getting a second season?!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
Speaking of the DCEU, did anybody read about Constantine possibly getting a second season?!

Yeah, seen that article. It's still a rumor though:

'Constantine' Season 2 News, Update: DC Renews Constantine For Another Season On CW
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie
And wow, Ben Affleck is really into the DCEU now:

CDA News: Ben Affleck getting more control in the DC Extended Universe

This is welcome news
Post 10 IP   flag post
I really hope the do bring Constantine back. Thought the series was aweaome but aince it was NBC thwy could not being the true aapects of the character. I watched Supergirl and have to say i thoughy it was pretty good. Watched all the episodea and felt at times they could have some of the villians used in better ways. Can't way for Season 2 and hope they bring Powergirl in.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
I really hope the do bring Constantine back. Thought the series was aweaome but aince it was NBC thwy could not being the true aapects of the character. I watched Supergirl and have to say i thoughy it was pretty good. Watched all the episodea and felt at times they could have some of the villians used in better ways. Can't way for Season 2 and hope they bring Powergirl in.

I would totally love to see Constantine back on tv. I really liked the show and felt it was a bit under the radar when it came out.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Yeah I know what you mean @Kinzebac. I hope they bring other cool character. Like Zantanna, Swamp Thing, Powergirl, Clayface, Dr. Fate, and others just to name a few. Hope inthe Solo Batman they bring a villian that has not been used befor. Thay why I say Clayface.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Huffmaster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm excited about Suicide Squad. It will introduce many characters that will be considered obscure to the general public. Cheers to the DCEU for that. Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg was a brilliant casting choice. I was kinda bummed at first about Will Smith as Deadshot, but the more I think about it, the more it seems he might be able to pull it off.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Wow, Harley/Margot is already getting another movie to star in despite Suicide Squad not having earned any money yet.

Harley Quinn Is Already Getting Her Own Movie

I say DC is very bold in deciding this, as this wasn't part of the original DC Movie Line up.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Finally, some love from the critics for a DCEU Movie!!!

Suicide Squad: Test screening audience give positive early social media reviews
Post 16 IP   flag post
I know Argo was good, but can he direct the near-perfect Batman movie we deserve and need right now?

The Next Solo Batman Movie May Be Directed By Ben Affleck
Post 17 IP   flag post
@JazzyJeffie I think Afleck can do a very good Batman movie, but a near perfect one like Nolan's The Dark Knight, will be almost impossible to accomplish given so many variables (e.g, script, cast, DC higher ups involvement, etc.)
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Kinzebac Well, he controls almost 50% of the throughput, being he's both the Director and Protagonist (Batman/Bruce Wayne). He has to be very vocal to the scriptwriters and Warner Bros. if he finds the story/ies to be of low quality.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I have to agree don't forget he aloso wrote and directed Good Will Huntinf i believe. But what about the Director who filled and wrote Dope? Think we might have our Cyborg Director or maybe it Shazam? Any thoughts
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero
I have to agree don't forget he aloso wrote and directed Good Will Huntinf i believe. But what about the Director who filled and wrote Dope? Think we might have our Cyborg Director or maybe it Shazam? Any thoughts

Regarding Rick Famuyiwa directing The Flash (Ezra Miller), I think it's awesome that they chose him! He's a rising star, and I hope he doesn't become the next M. Night Shyamalan (first few movies were awesome, then declined drastically).
Haven't seen news that he's also directing Cyborg and/or Shazam.

Regarding Shazam, I'm a bit skeptical on the movie overall. WB/DC named Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam, but have released no other news about its development. Now, Dwayne has been cast as Doc Savage. Will Doc Savage finish shooting before Shazam?

They don't even have a director yet, last news about Director was just speculation:
5 Directors Who Could Make A Great Shazam Movie
Post 21 IP   flag post
Anybody watched Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut yet?

That was much more awesome!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie
Anybody watched Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut yet?

That was much more awesome!

There's a thread on it right now.
https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/668/page/1/batman-vs-superman-ultimate-edition/#16
Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Affleck was a huge Batman and comics fan before he became famous. After he became famous he spent all his time acting like the playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne. Good Will Hunting proved he can write a script. Argo proved he can direct. I think BvS gave us the best on screen Batman to date. I have a good feeling the stand alone Batman movie will be something special, and the movie we've been waiting for.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I am waiting for the Blu Ray verision to come out to watch it lol. I can always rent it from PSn or Vudu but i want see all extra the production and interviews. @JazzyJeffie yeah so agree with you. The Rock as Doc Savage don't know how that will play as such. But I would like to know who will be Captain Marvel in the movie?. Anybody have any suggestions for who it could be?
Post 25 IP   flag post
597867 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?