Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Batman vs Superman Ultimate Edition668

Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey there,

I watched this last night and it is SO much better than the theatrical release. I can't even believe they released the other version. This longer version is 10x better. I'm not saying it's perfect because it's not but man is this a much better movie. Batman was awesome in this version and I can't wait for Affleck to make his next Batman flick. I can't believe I just wrote that but it's true.

Anyone else watch this new cut that was just released?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
The Blu-Ray doesn't release until the 19th, so I haven't seen it yet. But I actually thought the theatrical version was darn near perfection, so now I can't wait to see the extended.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms Batman yo!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
I downloaded the HD version on iTunes.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yeah, I saw that the digital version was available on Xbox yesterday. I have the BR on preorder.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I just went to VUDU and bought the package now have the digital download and the blue will be shipped on or around the 19th. I saw this in the theater and if Marc is saying the extended version is better that great because I actually enjoyed the theatrical release
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Ebandy private msg quote post Address this user
I also seen it at the theater and thought it was great . Let would probably be my only complaint.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Lex*
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@Marc_1 This is very good news. I was not a big fan of the version released in theaters. Thanks for the update, and I will be sure to check it out.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist. I thought Affleck nailed The Dark Knight. I thought Lex was too much of a caricature, and just like in Man Of Steel, Superman was too dark, too unsure of himself and Clark Kent wasn't played properly. Too confrontational, too argumentative, not enough geek or nerd. I know it's a new age but I like the heroes to be in the movies what they've been in the comics for decades. That being said, I think Henry Caville is the perfect casting choice. Just misused by Zac Snyder. Anyone agree? But I have heard that Snyder is going to make Superman more traditional in The Justice League. I hope so. As Batman says, he's an overgrown Boy Scout!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
I just went to VUDU and bought the package now have the digital download and the blue will be shipped on or around the 19th. I saw this in the theater and if Marc is saying the extended version is better that great because I actually enjoyed the theatrical release

The Blu-Ray comes with free Digital Download, why would you buy it on VUDU with the BR on the way?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego , just like me on occasion, probably got too anxious and couldn't wait.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn't wait either. It was downloaded via PSN at midnight on the 28th.

The Ultimate Edition is definitely more coherent, but might have dragged a little. To be fair, I watched it from midnight to 3:00am, so I might have just been tired.

The theatrical version was a good but flawed movie. The ultimate edition is a little less flawed, but very good.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The only thing I saw flawed in the theatrical was Lex Luther's character. And I'm pretty hard on movies, I thought Age of Ultron had more plot holes than a cheese grater.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
The only thing I saw flawed in the theatrical was Lex Luther's character. And I'm pretty hard on movies, I thought Age of Ultron had more plot holes than a cheese grater.
100% agree
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I personally hated Age of Ultron, and thought it was a total mess of a film.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
I cant wait for my Blu-ray to come in I love the tone Zach Snyder sets in his movies.
Post 17 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I loved Man of Steel, but didn't like BvS at all.
To the point that there's nothing anyone could say to make me ever watch a "better," though extended version of it.

It might have been the most horrible superhero movie I've ever seen.
And yes, I've even watched that made for TV "Man Thing" movie.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
To the point that there's nothing anyone could say to make me ever watch a "better," though extended version of it.

I cried when I saw "Man Thing". He is one of my favorite characters and I was excited when I heard there was going to be a movie. Then what happened? He was in it for like 5 minutes. They never touched on "knows fear, burns" power, and he is also the spirit of a Native American.

So sad.
Post 19 IP   flag post
CBCS JSAmand private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yeah, but this just shows how wrong one man can be.

Outside of Eisenruinstein as Lex, BvS was a great movie. Can't wait to see the Extended Cut.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:

Somebody just fell off my Christmas card list.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Yeah I take back what I said about Steve lol
Post 22 IP   flag post
OK, so who wants to speculate on that vision that Bruce Wayne had? Was it just a dream? Was the Flash actually sending a message back through time? And if it was really the Flash, what's the reason for his cryptic message?
Post 23 IP   flag post
So much like Gods among us with his warning about Lois
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
OK, so who wants to speculate on that vision that Bruce Wayne had? Was it just a dream? Was the Flash actually sending a message back through time? And if it was really the Flash, what's the reason for his cryptic message?

I'm thinking maybe it relates to the Apokolips nightmare Batman had, where Superman rips off Batman's mask? Maybe Supes crosses over to the Darkseid and needs his ass kicked again?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Yeah . Has anyone read gods among us?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I watched the UE last night. IMO, it's MUCH better than the theatrical release.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebandy
Yeah . Has anyone read gods among us?

Is that related at all to the Injustice: Gods Among Us Video Game story?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Yeah . It's also a good story in comics. Should check it out
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
I personally don't like a batman that kills. Once you make him a killer he just becomes the punisher. The punisher is not a hero...he is a vigilante. I have been a batman fan most of my life and have read hundreds of batman comics. He is not a killer and that makes him who he is.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601269 48 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?