Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Collectors SetsCBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

LET'S SEE EVERYONES VSP's2545

Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
One of the main reasons I have continued my support for CBCS is their Verified Signature Program. Unique and reliable, I love to find books that were not witnessed and submit them to CBCS for this sorely needed service. Since CBCS started offering the VSP, I have been looking through my old back issues and more closely checking the interiors of my new books for errant signatures, especially Jack Kirby's. There are a few books with unwitnessed signatures that I never would have gambled on if the VSP wasn't an option.

Thanks to the professionalism and extensive knowledge of CBCS and CSA, I acquired the book below. I never thought to dream it would be possible at all, yet alone for me. It was bought raw with a small mention of the signatures so when it came back authenticated I practically jumped out of my shoes! I am very fortunate and grateful to own this book and I look forward to it joining the ranks of my other VSP books.

Please show your VSP books! Rare or common, high or low grades, past or present artists, keys or not, LETS CHECK EM ALL OUT! Thanks

Post 1 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

not as nice as yours but I'm happy
Post 2 IP   flag post
As you should be man! THAT'S A HELLUVA BOOK! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11

not as nice as yours but I'm happy
Post 3 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Ofcourse not too hard to verify when I sent this pic in with the three file copies. He passed away last year. Only copies I know of he signed.

Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I have a couple tucked away somewhere but I sold my best VSP (first book I submitted to CBCS):

Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user

I really need to get a good scanner
Post 6 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 I've never even seen that book before, incredible! What cool and unique pieces those are!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I love Platt wish he was still drawing
Post 8 IP   flag post
@drchaos RIP Bernie! I love Swamp Thing and I love that issue. Nice 👍
Post 9 IP   flag post
@BigRig I heard Kirkman does not sign WD books. Is that true? Even if it isn't, that is such a cool piece man and that plaque is definitely a nice addition!

These books are exactly what this thread is for!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user

WWH Turner Variant signed by Michael Turner and Greg Pak and Wolverine Origins Sketch Variant signed by Michael Turner and Daniel Way.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
@BigRig I heard Kirkman does not sign WD books. Is that true? Even if it isn't, that is such a cool piece man and that plaque is definitely a nice addition!

These books are exactly what this thread is for!

They were signed at the walking dead day where kirkman signed everything and anythimg that day for free. So I assume he signs it all. Iv seen other WD with his sigs.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user

Colossus has always been my favorite and I was raised on 70's X-men...how could I pass this up? Signed by Dave Cockrum.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user

This one is signed by Dave and Chris!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
I love Platt wish he was still drawing

Hmmm....I think I might have this one signed by Platt too.....I'll have to check out what I have.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
I like the VSP program and it's why I even signed up for CBCS a year ago. Most of these books I posted I am keeping but some I am selling on ebay.
Post 18 IP   flag post
To ZosoRocks. I have a few raw signed comics of Platt for you. I cant afford to get all my signed comics red graded. I have 3oo or more signed from all over Cons. Hope you like

Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 IP   flag post
Ooooo that's beautiful
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
It was probably my first grail since I was a big fan of Venom back in the 90s. I bought it for like $20 like 15 years ago and got it signed (along with a Spawn #1) maybe 8 years ago
Post 22 IP   flag post

Post 23 IP   flag post
Hey @comicsforme I don't have that many of the same artist...some multiples if Quesada and Clsirmont and I think Kelley Jones, mate Palimotti too....I have about 50 books....like you...many from the SDCCs I've attended, but also through LCS visits that were around town in San Diego in the 90s.

I mainly now look for key SA, BA, CA books or to fill holes in runs.

I don't but too many moderns now, except ratio variants of Valiant books....or covers that are extremely sick that shows me the imagination of the artist.

Just a guy enjoying the hobby.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I once went to a Dallas Con in the 90s when Stan was there along with Rob L. was there and his total crew. That was when Rob just starting his company any way me and my wife was at con and we brought probably 30 books mabey more and Robs crew was at one long table lined up and they asked if i would like to sign my comics so i asked what is the limit and be hold they said throw all of them on the table so i said yes. They were like kids at a candy factory fighting over whose is whoms it was so funny but the best day ever. At the end i got 4 comics signed from Stan and didn't cost me $100s of dollars but that was a way back not like today and no grading company.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
I once went to a Dallas Con in the 90s when Stan was there along with Rob L. was there and his total crew. That was when Rob just starting his company any way me and my wife was at con and we brought probably 30 books mabey more and Robs crew was at one long table lined up and they asked if i would like to sign my comics so i asked what is the limit and be hold they said throw all of them on the table so i said yes. They were like kids at a candy factory fighting over whose is whoms it was so funny but the best day ever. At the end i got 4 comics signed from Stan and didn't cost me $100s of dollars but that was a way back not like today and no grading company.

Yep...same here...Image changed the way fans and artists interact....

The same thing happened to me with Neil Gaiman in 1995.

Line was not that long...I had a Ltd print OF "Don't Tell Jack", a hardcover of Angels and Visitations, two or three comic books, and the original issue of the Vertigo Tarot deck McKean drew, but he wrote the forward for the book.

He signed them all and when asked, he drew me that sketch of Mr Punch I've posted recently in the #CBCSBOX forum....with no problems ay all. Very fun day at the SDCC 1995....when it was still cslled that name....LOL.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
ASM 298 Todd McFarlane - Revit Label . Signed on interior page.

Next 3 were submitted during CBCS's Holiday Sale:
TWD 1 Variant - Rob Guillory & Rob Kirkman

TWD 19 - Peruvian Version - Rob Kirkman

4 Kids Walk into a Bank Retailer Preview- Matthew Rosenburg. Cool story, got this from Matthew Rosenburg's personal collection when he hosted a mini auction some time ago. Came with a bunch of his other work.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I like the VSP program and it's why I even signed up for CBCS a year ago. Most of these books I posted I am keeping but some I am selling on ebay.

You've got some incredible signature books there mate! Bravo! I can relate, the VSP has allowed me to explore new avenues and niches within comic collecting. I have been surprised at how many different kinds of unverified signatures there are out there.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is mine. This book is from my birth month and year. I had it signed in 2013, and got it graded last year.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
Here is mine. This book is from my birth month and year. I had it signed in 2013, and got it graded last year.

I have heard of people collecting comics from their birth month/year. Definitely a very personal book, very nice!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601342 47 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?