Originally Posted by FootNote
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Here's something I'm not familiar with:

If I have a yellow label CGC book and wanted to have it reslabbed by CBCS, would CBCS still recognize the signature series or would it have to be done under VSP?

Yes, CBCS recognizes CGC yellow labels. But CGC don't recognize CBCS yellow.

Thanks, exactly what I figured.

Damn, thats a dick move.

CGC want to have a strangle hold on the market *cough* ECCC C2E2 *cough*

CBCS want to make themselves accessible to all collectors, main reason why I've migrated over. Plus they have a nice presence at Canadian shows.

I currently have zero slabbed comics. Well, technically I have one in the mail that I bought from eBay.

Two main reasons I decided to go with CBCS, first is they will validate signatures which is pretty awesome. Second is I simply I enjoy the label more.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@FootNote your gonna fist cbcs? 😂
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector FootNote private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa

I feel like I am missing something here?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

It's phrasing. He's having fun with your typo lol.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's phrasing. He's having fun with your typo lol.

It honestly took me this long to realize I typed fist, not first.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector TruckJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Its probably just in development, people don't realize how hard it is. I worked on a new feature on my company's website, PeopleSoft integration to the website/portal. Took 1 year to program and almost $1 million. Originally was only supposed to take 3 months and $100k. But the problem with adding new features to your site/database is it causes bugs in existing programs/features. They probably have a similar situation going on.

Also they only have 1 programmer right? We had a team of 3 + me as project manager.

Sometimes people (and especially companies) make things harder than they need to be. What's so hard about STARTING tomorrow, you post online, the name, number and numerical condition of every book you grade? What's so hard about that? They can backtrack and add the previously graded backlog of books as they go along. But how about they simply JUST START POSTING BOOKS IMMEDIATELY! ANY DATA will help. Every time I buy a book, I add it to a doc that contains the name, grade/condition, when and where I bought it, and what I paid for it. What is so hard about doing that and pressing the enter button to post it online?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckJohnson
Every time I buy a book, I add it to a doc that contains the name, grade/condition, when and where I bought it, and what I paid for it. What is so hard about doing that and pressing the enter button to post it online?

I hate you... Now I have a new project.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector TruckJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
@FootNote: Giggity!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Bueller? @SteveRicketts? Please help us understand...
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Steve Ricketts is too busy defending the Earth from ev...oh wait, wrong thread. Carry on.
Post 35 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, I'm on the way back from Seattle.
Yes, these things are coming.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Is there any more details to this? Its great to know that is still being worked but is there a general timeframe? 3rd or 4th quarter? Next year?

As the new guy, not complaining, just curious.
Post 37 IP   flag post
As general rule of thumb around here, we tend to find about new things after they happen...which is something else that needs worked on.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Is there any more details to this? Its great to know that is still being worked but is there a general timeframe? 3rd or 4th quarter? Next year?

As the new guy, not complaining, just curious.

I don't have a date. They are working on it and we'll launch it as soon as it's finished.

Programming projects are hard to predict, especially when they're working on a large project like this. They keep getting pulled off to work on smaller projects that become urgent on the priority list. (Such as on-site grading...) This causes an already large project to run longer.

Yes, we do currently have a date we're shooting for. Hopefully we'll hit it. When we get closer, I'll have a better idea.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
As general rule of thumb around here, we tend to find about new things after they happen...which is something else that needs worked on.

The project is being worked on. When it's finished, we'll launch it. What other info do you need?
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

The project is being worked on. When it's finished, we'll launch it. What other info do you need?

For me, what I would *like* is a general estimate on when CBCS expects the projects to be complete. Not an exact date, If its something that is expected the first or second half of the year.

Perhaps a preview of what the new system would look like. It would be pretty bad to come out with a new feature that the users don't like the formatting of. I will admit, this website looks stunning so I don't think thats a huge issue.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Not really pertaining to the census or registry. But events like the announcement of the "Rivet Label" design, which did not go well, could be avoided with a little pre-envolvement of the community here. Ideas seem to be hatched inside of a vaccuum at CBCS and when they hit the air of the community they are not recieved as well as they could be had their been a little bit of back and forth of ideas before hand.

Quote:
Perhaps a preview of what the new system would look like. It would be pretty bad to come out with a new feature that the users don't like the formatting of.

A good example. User Interface is pretty important. Any areas that the programmers are working on where there could be useful feedback attained from the communtiy via targeted questions about potential features could save a lot of time and frustration down the road when things have to be fixed or reprogrammed because an unforseen user problem pops up.

CBCS, this communtiy is here to help you become the best company you can be. We are a resource, utilize us.
Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
A growing company like CBCS needs a decent PMP. I could DocBrown you on this topic but I wont; just look into it CBCS. A good PM will set you back a pretty penny but will more than pay for themselves quickly 👌🏻
Post 43 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

For me, what I would *like* is a general estimate on when CBCS expects the projects to be complete. Not an exact date, If its something that is expected the first or second half of the year.

Perhaps a preview of what the new system would look like. It would be pretty bad to come out with a new feature that the users don't like the formatting of. I will admit, this website looks stunning so I don't think that's a huge issue.

Soon.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Are we getting closer?
Post 45 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Soon... 2017? '18? Next decade? Surely "soon" can be quantified, even if its broad 😁

Post 46 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The checkout process could use a slight upgrade as well.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user

I bet they are just eating pancakes! #Pancakesruineverything
Post 48 IP   flag post

Post 49 IP   flag post
How we lookin?....
Post 50 IP   flag post

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
When will then be now...?
Post 52 IP   flag post

Post 53 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure the census and registry software is on it's way but they probably should have upgraded the shipping...
Tracking info
Post 55 IP   flag post
601455 79 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?