Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkComics Golden AgeComics PedigreesMemorabiliaPop Culture

Leaving for OAF Con in the AM. Anyone else going?21195

I got screwed six ways to Sunday. sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
Such a fun old school show! Small, a hotel ballroom, but really cool vintage stuff and some of the 1st in Fandom show up and tell amazing stories of our past! And we actually celebrate these giants that made our hobby in the first place! RIP Roger Hill...💔

www.oafcomiccon.com

Thanks to Peter Purin and the great Buddy Saunders! They make this a cool con!

Hope to see some of you there in Norman, Oklahoma! I love our unbelievable and wonderful hobby! So much enjoyment and so many amazing hobbyists' friends!! 👍 ☮
Here's a bunch of very cool pics from last year:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector soonerjudd81 private msg quote post Address this user
I went to school in Norman for years and never heard about this show until after I moved to Seattle 🥲

I think my brother will be tabling this year though - Say hi to Drew at the Vintiques booth!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I got screwed six ways to Sunday. sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
@soonerjudd81 Will do!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve bought a lot of comics from the guy in the Cap America shirt over the years at the Free State Con in Lawrence Ks.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
Love these smaller cons. Specially those catered more towards the comic side.@soonerjudd81 don't miss the frankenstein swapmeet in Portland, OR on Oct . Or the Grid city con in Tacoma WA in Nov
Post 5 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Steve, Bob Wayne & I will be launching from the metroplex to dock with the OAFcon orbiter; I'll be riding shotgun in case he falls asleep at the wheel! Keep a seat open at the bar; see you Friday!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica Can't wait to see you both my brother!!!!!
There is always a place at the bar for ya right next to me, FOREVER!!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly, medical obligations prevent attendance. You gents have fun!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink seems like a great con!

BTW are you getting the book Remembering Roger Hill that CFA-APA is publishing? I've ordered my copy already.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
@sborock_ComicLink seems like a great con!

BTW are you getting the book Remembering Roger Hill that CFA-APA is publishing? I've ordered my copy already.

YEP!
Post 10 IP   flag post
@figment So sorry to hear brother 😞
Post 11 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink @CatmanAmerica Have fun hippies...
Post 12 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this weekend. I'll have to add this con to my list of road trips in the next few years. Have fun!
Post 13 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately, I can't make it this year. I'll miss the fun.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
So many familiar faces there Steve; memory laden. Will have to miss this one too, I wish you and all attendees a fabulous time.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector soonerjudd81 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker
Love these smaller cons. Specially those catered more towards the comic side.@soonerjudd81 don't miss the frankenstein swapmeet in Portland, OR on Oct . Or the Grid city con in Tacoma WA in Nov

I’ll be out of town for the swap meet, but Grit City is always a good time!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker

Having to miss OAFcon again ~ sigh. But will be at the Frankenstein show (still miss the old one on Powell)
Post 17 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Looks great but a bit far for me!!
20+ years ago we used to have more of these smallish only comics and sometimes artists in hotel ballrooms around here - good times!

We do have a 1 day comic book show that runs 3 or 4 times a year in the greater Toronto area (haven't been in forever - maybe I'll hit the next one!!)
Post 18 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I will be arriving around 6:30 Friday night. It’s the only show I go to these days. Gotta pay my respects to the OG’s. See you at the hotel bar. Or maybe at the bench outside the front door if that one fella brings assorted bottles of whiskey again.
Post 19 IP   flag post
618085 19 19