Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaStatuesToysToys Statues

Medieval Spawn Kickstarter Launches August 20th21077

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

clickable text

I won't be getting two this time as there's no room to store those massive boxes.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
I’m in!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
I think I’ll pass on this one. Have one of these in my office.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom74152
I think I’ll pass on this one. Have one of these in my office.

Can you tell me what was this kickstarter?

Also, does anyone have the link to the old McFarlane kickstarter?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Also, does anyone have the link to the old McFarlane kickstarter?

Here it is:

clickable text

That massive box pictured is from the first Spawn kickstarter.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders thanks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Bakersman private msg quote post Address this user
very cool. thanks for the info!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Thanks
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I got the last set and they are awesome! I’m going to do the 3 pack again.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I saw the medieval spawn kickstarter figure in person at SDCC. It blows away the first kickstarter figure which says a lot.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The top tier kickstarter sold out within 30 minutes.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Loved the first Spawn KS. Jumped in on this one as soon as it opened. Looking forward to receiving these to compliment the first set.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
The top tier kickstarter sold out within 30 minutes.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it was extremely limited. I got the 3-pack with the signed plaque on the last one. I don’t think there was a limit and I think was just based on tiers. There may have been a lesson learned or his signing hand hasn’t healed yet.
Post 13 IP   flag post
There were only 700 available of the Premium 3-pack
Post 14 IP   flag post
I decided to do the 3 pack. I'm happy that these should be shipped out around December/January. I think the last kickstarter took almost a year from when I pre-ordered.

Post 15 IP   flag post
The 3-pack comes with an autograph. The “Premium” 3-pack come 3 autographs

Post 16 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
They're already up on eBay right now..lol
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
that happened last time as “pre-order” for only double the price of the unlimited quantities available from the actual pre-order. People..
Post 18 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
that happened last time as “pre-order” for only double the price of the unlimited quantities available from the actual pre-order. People..

So far it is just the sold out Premium set.
I can't imagine people paying double for the standard 3-pack that's still available but you never know
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

Some guy offerred to buy my extra 3 pack for $1000 and I convinced him that was way too much money. He got it elsewhere and it's still taking up way too much room in my storage. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I should've just sold it to him for $500, which is what they were going for on Ebay at the time.

PM me if anyone interested in the signed original three pack? I'd let it go for what I paid plus shipping. Only the top is opened, the individual boxes are still sealed. The shipping cost is the main issue.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@flanders hindsight is 20/20. I’m won’t deny I would’ve taken 1k and probably felt guilty.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I've actually cancelled my pledge. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I'm not that into action figures and I didn't even do much with the previous Spawn Kickstarter figures. They're also very expensive for 3 action figures, a signature I don't really need and 3 books. I hate to be a downer on the thread. I do like the Spawn figures I currently have and a McFarlane Batman figure.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@flanders you do you. They do come with comics though. I don’t know if anyone ever looked at the comic offered last time, but it’s super cool with commentary and additional art.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@flanders yeah I would have at least taken the $500. The best way in my experience was to take the books, get them graded, and sell them and the figures separately.

I got close to that $1000 for them that way 🙂
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
I got close to that $1000 for them that way

I wish I had that money now and an extra thousand for my ASM #361 9.8 which I think is now worth less than this kickstarter 3 pack.
Post 25 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't open the 3 pack from previous Kickstarter, are the comics worth anything?

Does this Kickstarter come with comics?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I didn't open the 3 pack from previous Kickstarter, are the comics worth anything?

Does this Kickstarter come with comics?
this one does come with comics. The 1st set I’ve seen listed in the 150 -200 range for 9.6&9.8s. Signed copies pricing all over the place. I honestly think they are better raw for the content you get and you can put them back in the clam shell
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I just looked at it as paying for the comic last time and the figure was a bonus.

I still need to try to move my figure on fleabay. I opted for the artist prototype edition the first go around because I wanted the black and white comic. Figured there would be less of them.

Since I still have the original in its massive box taking up space in my closet, I am trying to show restraint and not pledge this campaign. Even though the figure looked insane.
Post 28 IP   flag post
618085 28 28