Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
For those going, what’s your plans?

Day 1 do cbcs first thing, day as a whole will focus mostly on stuff for collection aka toys, either a graded comic or one worth being graded, cheap back issues and sigs of hopefully free people

Day 2 will mainly focus on sigs like Jurgens, hamner, Bob camp and Claremount aka ones I know will or likely charge get more cheap

Day 3 mainly focus on cheap stuff and any left over sigs I need

Of course do panels and our meetup during weekend
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I will only be there Fri and Sat. Outside of the meet up, I’m getting sketches and autos (if reasonable) from Starlin and Lim. Need to also see if Adam Hughes is still collecting Master Replicas Star Wars stuff. May have stuff for him if he’s interested.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I will be there all three days getting signatures.

I might be there on setup day as well.

I usually stay a a cheap motel ten minutes out and get the parking through Spothero.

I will have my boxes on my junior hand truck.

I usually spend a lot of time getting organized outside of show hours but would like to check out the meet up this year.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I will be there thursday to pick up my wristband and badge. maybe we can meet up to say hi

initially plans were different but decided best day for collectable hunting is day one. signatures can wait a day.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55

I am driving from Hackensack, NJ.

My goal is to pick up my vendor pass on Thursday but worst case would be there very early Friday morning.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Car is about halfway loaded.

After loading everything else, organizing it and triple checking to see if I have enough snacks and supplies I will hit the road.

My Charlotte hotel will not let me check in on 3PM tomorrow.

I will most likely spend a night in either Baltimore or Richmond depending on how tired I am.

Still have several boxes I need to bring down the stairs and into the car.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I have lots of current and SA top holders I’d like to unload in case anyone is interested in buying.
Post 7 IP   flag post
got my money ready.

$80 Friday ($20 for back issues, $20 for a collectable, $40 for a graded or worth getting graded. eying one of couple, charge card for 4 comic submission at cbcs)

$80 Saturday ($20 for back issues, $20 for Claremont, $20 for Bob Camp, $20 ready for whatever Jurgens- and Hamner wants. Jurgens- is a must)

$20 Sunday for whatever

comics submitting this year:
Ultimate Fallout #4 facsmile
Amazing spider-man #360 (1st carnage in cameo)
TMNT Last Ronin lost years #1 director's cut variant
Batman adventure continues #8 (not a key, but got a cool Christmas cover)
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Car is about halfway loaded.

After loading everything else, organizing it and triple checking to see if I have enough snacks and supplies I will hit the road.

My Charlotte hotel will not let me check in on 3PM tomorrow.

I will most likely spend a night in either Baltimore or Richmond depending on how tired I am.

Still have several boxes I need to bring down the stairs and into the car.

Not trying to be in your business @drchaos but Richmond and Baltimore aren't too sweet. Pretty high crime rates in those towns. Be safe
Post 9 IP   flag post
Ill be at convention center tomorrow (Thursday) around noon to get my pass if anyone wants to say
Post 10 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74

Thanks.

Just stopped in Catonsville to fill my empty gas tank and take advantage of the wifi here.

Might drive to Fredericksville before I call it a night.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Drive safe. What booth number are you?
Post 12 IP   flag post
will be there today at noon. I'll be likely wearing black shorts and a blue back to the future t-shirt. I have a short beard
Post 13 IP   flag post
if anyone wants to meet up today in general, whether at convention center or nearby. I'm free all day.
Post 14 IP   flag post
On line to get 3 day pass
Post 15 IP   flag post

Ran into Bob camp in lobby
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
@drchaos Drive safe. What booth number are you?

I don't have my own booth.

I am getting the hook up from a vendor I do a lot of business with.

I.brought around a dozen short boxes of books I am looking to get signed.

There should be a lot of happy creators after the show.

Stopping in Durham for lunch and supplies.

Should be checking into my hotel by 4pm today.
Post 17 IP   flag post
tomorrow will be wearing a black flash t-shirt.

first thing Ill be doing will be heading to cbcs to do my 4 comic submission
Post 18 IP   flag post
Plan to wear sneakers, black shorts, and collared shirt with shirts sleeves (either blue or striped).

Hurt my right wrist after loading the car so will have a?banda on it.

I will have short boxes loaded on my junior hand cart.

First stop will be Alan Davis unless he has designated signing times.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I might go to Jurgens 2nd. someone at one of the booths for registrations said they heard he just requests jar donations to get a signature. if true will do him then vs saturday. I'm prepared for if he charges money. if he ends up being free or donations. use the money saved for maybe skottie young (huge fan)
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
I might go to Jurgens 2nd. someone at one of the booths for registrations said they heard he just requests jar donations to get a signature. if true will do him then vs saturday. I'm prepared for if he charges money. if he ends up being free or donations. use the money saved for maybe skottie young (huge fan)

Last time I saw Jurgens at Terricicon it was $10 pee sig.
Post 21 IP   flag post
ok, all ready. heading over soon. will be wearing a grey stitch t-shirt that says "busy doing nothing" with a black rolling suitcase and a black computer bag (to separate somethings). I will have the 3 day advance lanyard.

Ill be on the line to get in around 9:45pm and first place Im going to go to is cbcs to do submission then after that...depends. maybe double check Jurgens to check what I heard is true...$10 per....donate or free.

if its $10 will do it tomorrow so will be all over the place looking for collectables, back issues, and getting signatures that don't cost money (those that will, Ill do tomorrow). before I meet up with my dad, brother in law and nephew.
Post 22 IP   flag post
On line now. Near window facing rooms 101 102
Post 23 IP   flag post
Just got into the building

Wearing black and white strip polo shirt, grey vest, black sgirts, sneakers, and black ace bandage on my right wrist
Post 24 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Waiting for the floor to open. Not going to wait on line.
Post 25 IP   flag post
On line for Juegens

1st free
Any after $10 each
Post 26 IP   flag post
Now at death of Superman panel in rm208 4pm
Post 27 IP   flag post
I’ll be there around 11 today (Sat). Burgundy t-shirt, black shorts and a Hilton Head island ball cap.

Donald
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user

My local comic book store has a table set up this year. If your looking to buy comic books I would give them a look.
To Be Continued comics
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody at the show right now?
Post 30 IP   flag post
611344 33 30