Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
am i the only person who actually reads cbcs T&C?

https://www.cbcscomics.com/terms

Post 26 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@GAC How did it get by "three" graders in the first place

It didn't.
If the claim in the video is true, CBCS admitted there was only one grader.

Which is probably the case for almost all books, here and at CGC.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Terrible look.
Here's the bottom line like with any other stupid ass decision a company makes. - and that is control only what you/we can control.

I had good money to help CBCS with just putting my older slabs in a new one. That revenue will now NOT be realized by CBCS, and that's the end of that story for me
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
This is the equivalent of "Oh your car stopped working after you left our shop? Looks like we had a bad mechanic and he ruined your engine. Sorry about that but we fired him. Have a nice day! "

This is not the same thing.

This is more like:

Suspect captured by police
Suspect given a court appointed defence lawyer
Suspect prosecuted
Court appointed defence lawyer is deemed incompetent and did not defend suspect properly.
Suspect re-tried with competent lawyer.
New verdict is realized.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Question: Has this situation ever gone the other way? Has a 9.6 ever been returned a 9.8?

Statistically this has to be a reality...if the grade can fall after a reholder request certainly it's possible for it to move up.

I've never seen or heard anyone publically say this has happened to them but I'd also think they wouldn't want to make it public.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
This is so disappointing. Where is the community engagement on this? Where is the customer service? One gets the sense that CBCS employes no more than half a dozen people.

I have been very harsh with CGC for all the recent screw ups (and they are legion) but at least they address them. At least someone in the forums chimes in and follows up.

How does CBCS drop the ball at every possible juncture? Card grading supports at least 4 functioning companies so there’s no way there isn’t enough money out there to make this a business worth running but CBCS seems to only put in the minimum effort every time.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
@SidTheSquid it was at a con, they cracked it and got a witness sig. And they took it.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Could a previously verified signature fail during the same "closer inspection" while getting a reholder?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
I just thought of an excellent opportunity for us, the consumer.

If they're going to play this game of re-grading during reholder, then why not send our previously graded books we're not happy with back in for Re-holder ($12) instead of the standard $24 - $40?

They want play stupid games, then I'll play their stupid game so it works for me based on previous incompetence.

How's that sound CBCS?

Seriously, I have no problem with an inspection for damage and/or gross negligence on a previously graded book as part of re-holder process, but to go through the grading process again on books for reholder? I mean wtf? I'll just send prior incompetence in for the bargain reholder price that now includes grading.

If this is true (regrading during all reholders), I'm getting increasingly aggravated and angered as I think through this
Post 34 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
All of our reholders have come back with identical grades, including the red labels, but it does explain why the latest reholder went from labels back to grading for a very short period of time.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the book was pressed and after some time some books will revert back to the old state. This could have been the case. It reverted back. I heard this will happen. Just FYI. Does anyone know for certain if this happens?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head It can if not held cold pressed a few days after initial press with heat and humidity.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShocker
@SidTheSquid it was at a con, they cracked it and got a witness sig. And they took it.

That's not the same as getting a reholder, that's getting it regraded.

...Did they only charge you the reholder fee?
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
am i the only person who actually reads cbcs T&C?

https://www.cbcscomics.com/terms

Right, they're saying that if they catch a grading "error", they'll correct it. But that doesn't imply that every book submitted for a reholder gets put through the same grading process as a raw book that's submitted. I personally think that after CGC's huge screw-up, that every book submitted for a reholder SHOULD get regraded. But they're not. Basically it should just be a discounted charge for getting a book regraded that's already in the company's case.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
@SidTheSquid that's true it's not a true reholder like the original poster. I guess I felt it fell along the same lane as in it was a 9.0 to a 7.0 was a huge surprise. Did someone mess up and gave it the wrong grade to begin with? Or like someone stated earlier, was it pressed and then somehow reverted back? I don't know but wanted to share.
Post 40 IP   flag post
PREVIOUS CBCS THREAD ON THIS SUBJECT
Post 41 IP   flag post
For those who don't know...Darryl_H was a CBCS regional manager.

clickable text

Post 42 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
It'd be really nice if someone from CBCS could provide insight instead of us folks who are trying to give our best shot at it.

There's evidence of it not being the case; and yet there is evidence it is the case.
re-grade only if case damaged / evidence of tamper / clear and obvious misgrade OR is it a policy that all reholders will be re-graded?

What is really the truth here, now and today?
What is the policy today and has it changed?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
I just watched the video. This is even worse than I assumed. CBCS admits they had a “bad employee” that was giving out grades so far out of bounds that they need to be retroactively changed.

This is no better than what happened at CGC. How can anyone trust the grade on a CBCS slab now? CBCS needs to go into damage control now. They need to make a statement acknowledging the issue and then release a list of cert numbers that could be affected with some compensation for anyone that overpaid based on these bad grades.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Must have been 2 bad employees since every comic is graded by 2. 🙄🙄🙄
Post 45 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
did a rehold last year.
Post 46 IP   flag post
How bout CGC and CBCS just send us out "Do it Yourself" re-slabs. We assign the grades that we feel the comic should have as it will probably be more accurate.

*sarcasm off*
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel

Also, why would the reholder person open up the innerwell instead of just putting it in a new holder?

If someone wants the current slab, it seems that the book would have to be removed from the inner well of the older version slab. I may be remembering it wrong but I thought the label and book were both in the inner holder together, with the heat seal going up through the label for extra security. Like in this pic. That could result in discovering something that would keep it from a 9.9. Or it could also have gotten damaged during the process, which CBCS should definitely compensate the owner for.
Does anyone have a link to where CBCS announced they were regrading all reholders?

Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helric1

If someone wants the current slab, it seems that the book would have to be removed from the inner well of the older version slab. I may be remembering it wrong but I thought the label and book were both in the inner holder together, with the heat seal going up through the label for extra security. Like in this pic. That could result in discovering something that would keep it from a 9.9. Or it could also have gotten damaged during the process, which CBCS should definitely compensate the owner for.
Does anyone have a link to where CBCS announced they were regrading all reholders?

OR

During the "Reholder" CBCS damaged the book while taking it out of the inner well, thus knocking it down from a 9.9 to 9.8
Post 49 IP   flag post
Haha. I just realized... the CBCS main page has this image. *SMACK to the FACE*

Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:

OR

During the "Reholder" CBCS damaged the book while taking it out of the inner well, thus knocking it down from a 9.9 to 9.8

Yes, I mentioned that as a possibility.
Post 51 IP   flag post
@Helric1 Ah yeah I see it now. I'm half-assed working and reading these forums at the same time. Haha.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I would like to add one thing. Here's the link to the book on Heritage. You need to sign in to see high res images but I think looking closely I can see where this book might not deserve the 9.9. Can't be positive without the book in hand.
The situation sucks for the buyer and I would be mad also, mostly at CBCS for grading it wrong in the first place. I think they owe the buyer something for that. I'm just trying to add a little perspective to the situation.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/superhero/spider-man-2099-1-marvel-1992-cbcs-mt-99-white-pages/a/122411-13981.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Must have been 2 bad employees since every comic is graded by 2. 🙄🙄🙄

Three bad employees per their process of three independent people inspecting it.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
OR

Preposterous... they would get a free CBCS press if that happened. Oh wait...
Post 55 IP   flag post
608544 147 30