Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 101 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Some Palo Alto books..

Post 102 IP   flag post
Pedigree magazines? Got those too

Post 103 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 104 IP   flag post

Post 105 IP   flag post

Post 106 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I was lucky enough to win this entire 4-issue set (the entire series) years ago on Clink.

Post 107 IP   flag post

Post 108 IP   flag post
Looking for a few extra eyeballs on this to ensure I am not losing my mind. Bought this book as a "Harold Curtis pedigree copy". I subbed it to the CGC and it looks like they pulled the designation from the submission. I took a screenshot of the book in question over a TEC book labeled as such at HA.com. I would say the "arol" in Harold are almost identical...am I nuts?

Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito looks 'about' the same to me. Don't believe there's a master list for this particular pedigree. Do you know earliest book or latest dated book(s) in the Ped?
Post 110 IP   flag post
@Sagii One of the few collections to be almost completely CGC graded and sold at once, the Harold Curtis collection numbered exactly 519 books and spanned over a decade, starting in 1940 and peaking during the years 1941-1946.

There are only 491 books listed in the Heritage archive so this might one of the 30 or so books not sold in that auction.
Post 111 IP   flag post
@the420bandito wow one of the smaller Peds (in numbers) Probably just slightly over Billy Wright

I wasn't aware most of the collection was sold off at once. Am I confusing this one with another collection whose books were circulating for years that Fandom realized it's all the same OO and CGC eventually gave it an official Ped designation?
Post 112 IP   flag post
@Sagii this one is weird as all the books on HA.com say "from the collection of Harold Curtis" although only one I have seen says Harold Curtis and has a gold label. Maybe @sborock_ComicLink has some insight on this collection of books? Information is limited on this one. Was this left out due to the lower grade?
Post 113 IP   flag post
Update: I ended up reaching out to Stephen Ritter from Worldwide, the place where I bought the book from. He is going to reach out to CGC to discuss this book. He is pretty certain this is a Harold Curtis book. I will post the outcome either way
Post 114 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 Those Mighty Heroes covers are fantastic! I have never seen them before. Thanks for sharing.
Post 115 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
@DWeeB1967 Those Mighty Heroes covers are fantastic! I have never seen them before. Thanks for sharing.
My pleasure, @the420bandito. Glad you like them.
Post 116 IP   flag post

Post 117 IP   flag post
Promise Collection

Post 118 IP   flag post
@Sagii That is one fresh looking book from 1946. Great grab!
Post 119 IP   flag post
@the420bandito thanks buddy! Was out bid on first go round, but buyer tried to 'flip' on eBay for more not too long after. Asking price eventually went down (and down) and eventually I was able to snag it.
Post 120 IP   flag post

Post 121 IP   flag post
@Sagii Let me count the ways I hate the insta-flipping. Saw a ton of Promise books "double in value" overnight.
Post 122 IP   flag post

Post 123 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
@Sagii Let me count the ways I hate the insta-flipping. Saw a ton of Promise books "double in value" overnight.

And they were over-hyped, over-graded, and overpriced from the get go.
Post 124 IP   flag post
@the420bandito Lol, yes, was touted as the second coming of Mile High
Post 125 IP   flag post
@DrWatson very true, I think only a small handful have saw profit after flip (er I mean resell)
Post 126 IP   flag post

Post 127 IP   flag post

Post 128 IP   flag post

Post 129 IP   flag post
@southerncross Great Pedigree set my friend!
Post 130 IP   flag post
602967 130 30