Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS PressingComics Silver AgeFor SaleGrading Help NeededRaw Comics For Sale

Some Advice Needed X0MEN King Size Special #120486

Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!

I need some advice on where to go with this one.

I recently opened a box that hadn't been opened in about 30 years and was going through re-boarding and re-bagging (they were bagged and boarded in about, oh, 1987) and came up with this.

It was bought originally off a rack in a drugstore in Chestertown, NY, so I am my own provenance.

I would like to sell it.

Question is, should I submit for cleaning / pressing / magic fingers etc. to CBCS and have it graded & Slabbed? Would that expense cut too drastically into a sale price?

What do you think it would grade at before & after such a press/clean/slab etc.?

Or should I do the MCS raw auction route and see what happens?

I'm not so much a seller as a collector, but I need $ and if it means better profit I have no problem spending a bit to get there ...

I've come to value everyone's input here greatly just by observations over the years so ... what do you think I should do?

I am not in a huge hurry, here so haste is not a factor.

Thanks in advance!

Pics showing condition / damage etc:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
You know, I should have probably googled this before I set up that post.

I'm finding it's not worth that much ... probably not worth the cost of making it pretty.

:sigh: oh well back to the box ...
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
a comic is worth as much as its worth to you.

I have a couple 6.0s (one is within last 20 years and other mid 80s) but they are worth it for me because love the hero and its their 1st appearances

I might get my og 1980s TMNT comic graded even though its not going to be good. but its worth it to me for my collection

if you want to get comic graded, then get do so
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
You know, I should have probably googled this before I set up that post.

I'm finding it's not worth that much ... probably not worth the cost of making it pretty.

:sigh: oh well back to the box ...

Good call.
Post 4 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Magic fingers? #following
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I
Post 6 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Cool book.
Post 7 IP   flag post
615415 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?