Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS- Community Engagement20304

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I don't know...it is way more searchable than Chucks!!! Ctrl F is your best friend on Dougs site
True.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Bring back CBCS Canada!!!!

Though I'm not against bringing this back for those who would use it, I would never use this again myself. All it ever did was add an additional 4 months to my TAT (2 months to get to CBCS and 2 more months on the way back). It wasn't worth the few dollars it saved.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock_ComicLink will do!
Post 103 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing to add...but fun to read!
Post 104 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
All it ever did was add an additional 4 months to my TAT

CBCS Canada was good for bringing new members to the forum. Typical first post: "WHERE MY BOOKS AT???"
Post 105 IP   flag post

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Ah the good ol days...IT SAYS SHIPNTO CANADA!!!! HOORAY!!
Post 106 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

... and maybe even tier restructuring are a possibility.

That reminds me. I do have a suggestion.

@wade_story
I realize you aren't customer service or management but so far you're the only link between here and there.

When you do restructure pricing/services, make sure the customer service team is aware of what's going on. I remember when you went from those vouchers to no vouchers, no one in customer service seemed to know what to do with the fast-pass vouchers people still held, and I was getting different answers from different people. Depending on whether it was phone, or email... when they bothered to respond.
No help here in the forum either.

Was frustrating, to say the least.

clickable text
Post 107 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
All it ever did was add an additional 4 months to my TAT

CBCS Canada was good for bringing new members to the forum. Typical first post: "WHERE MY BOOKS AT???"

I think it was partially a victim of timing?
My first few CBCS Canada orders were exactly at stated TATs. I think it was only a few weeks more than non CBCS Canada TATs....then things got a bit crazy with the whole world
Post 108 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
Come on you all! Let CBCS know what you want to help your collecting/certification experience.
Wade came on here to help YOU as well as CBCS!!!
I would like a "registry" and updated forum......

Hey Hippie, the new labels look snappy and appear to be well received by collectors and sellers too.
I would like to see a Pedigree Label that will rival the other guys.

Maybe the updated forum could have some contests for forum members to receive prizes, like CBCS swag.
With a limit of prizes per member so everyone can get in on the fun.

Also, they have done away with the points that could be applied to submission costs.
Maybe restart that or offer other incentives based on the quantity of submissions.

What about adding .50 to the cost of submissions to be donated to the Hero Initiative program to help the comic creators in need.
Post 109 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I will add: Please keep the ability for clients to send you books, free of charge. Please do not do what CGC does where the client has to pay for an account in order to submit books....even if coupons are provided that match the cost of the account.

In my opinion, this has very negative optics that can only be explained by greed.

CBCS is the hobby friendly certification company....please continue this mandate.
Post 110 IP   flag post
@GAC seconded!!!
Post 111 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if the fancy labels from CGC are going to be slightly disfavoured going forward, given their apparent use by the bad actor(s) in the re-holdering scam.
Post 112 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Does CBCS have pedigree labels? Either titled with "Pedigree" or a coloured label for a pedigree? I don't think CBCS does but I'd like to see that if that's the case.

To elaborate on what @Nearmint67 stated.
Post 113 IP   flag post
@GAC I don't thinknthey do either but I'm sure it would look really cool if they did
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicNinja0215
Hey There! Welcome here to the happiest place on earth. I used to be the forum mascot till i ruined that on myself.

Anyway, I'd like to se more talk about the receiving in process. I just submitted to CBCS after a long while and can't remember how long it took to show on your dashboard.

TY!

@Wade_Story I agree with @ComicNinja0215

My cousin and I frequently submit to CBCS, and there are a lot of times wherein the book goes to 'Shipping'/'Completed' status, but the books are not yet listed under My Collectibles.

Showing the books right away on the account, regardless whether we haven't received them yet, helps us share/re-share the books online and start selling/trading them days/weeks before they arrive.

You can have a look at how PSA (Professional Sports Authenticator) does it. Every card that you submit, is already listed despite not receiving a grade yet, under your collectibles. They will have a grade once shipped, and also viewable on the account.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Would CBCS consider a Legacy Label option for submissions?

Collectors can be particular and for mini series or small runs, uniformed labels could be a selling feature. Have the current label as the default but allow an option for legacy labels. You can even have the label options for limited times and cycle through the labels periodically.

Below are my favourite CBCS labels.

Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
I have a question and suggestion. I’ve never done a prescreen, do returned books that don’t pass screening come back with graders notes? If not, that is my suggestion; even if it’s the disqualifying defects.
Post 117 IP   flag post
I got screwed six ways to Sunday. sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
@BrashLimburg
Not usually.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
@Wade_Story when I submit books and make an error & create a new submission, I'd like the ability to delete them on my Order History, instead of waiting for the 30 days for the system to automatically clear them.

It will also be good to have the ability to manage the 'My Collectibles' section, to delete those that I've sold/traded, and add CBCS books that I bought/traded from someone else, to add to my collectibles. It will be better for us CBCS collectors, if it will be an inventory of our CBCS collectibles, rather than just a list of our past submissions (which is already available on CBCS Order History.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I would agree that a Registry is one of CBCS' Achilles heels. They don't understand the umph the Registry competition gives to books graded by the cgc. It puts worthless books in demand.

Agree - 6 years ago

Post 120 IP   flag post
CBCS Finalizer Wade_Story private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashLimburg
I have a question and suggestion. I’ve never done a prescreen, do returned books that don’t pass screening come back with graders notes? If not, that is my suggestion; even if it’s the disqualifying defects.

@BrashLimburg On this, our pre screens typically do not come back with any form of feedback as to why a book may have been rejected. I will say, if you attend a show where we are doing on site pre screens, sometimes we are be able to give you the feedback in person. This is all based on how busy we are at the moment.

To add notes to this service would essentially make the grader's work equivalent to the regular grading service, likely resulting in increased labor/cost.
Post 121 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
The "TRACKER" on the website provides no value that was not already present, I was very disappointed at its release because I want a more granular level of status detail. As example, a current order has been through VSP and Pressing but the tracker makes no indication of this. In fact, the tracker says it's at Grading, which it's not, at least not yet. That order is between Pressing and Grading as indicated by the Received status on the Print Invoice, which is still the most accurate way to tell where an order is.

The web site could be better in this regard.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
The "TRACKER" on the website provides no value that was not already present, I was very disappointed at its release because I want a more granular level of status detail. As example, a current order has been through VSP and Pressing but the tracker makes no indication of this. In fact, the tracker says it's at Grading, which it's not, at least not yet. That order is between Pressing and Grading as indicated by the Received status on the Print Invoice, which is still the most accurate way to tell where an order is.

The web site could be better in this regard.

I agree with this as well. Its a nice feature but could use some tweaking a bit.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector BrashLimburg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashLimburg

@BrashLimburg On this, our pre screens typically do not come back with any form of feedback as to why a book may have been rejected. I will say, if you attend a show where we are doing on site pre screens, sometimes we are be able to give you the feedback in person. This is all based on how busy we are at the moment.

To add notes to this service would essentially make the grader's work equivalent to the regular grading service, likely resulting in increased labor/cost.

That makes sense. Is there a place on the website where we can see which shows will have prescreening available?
Post 124 IP   flag post
@BrashLimburg Not specifically. It is a newer thing we started for local shows this past year, as a sampling to study the success. It sure seems like collectors appreciate it when available. The first non-local show we are doing the service will be Original Arts Expo at the end of the month in Florida. It is something we are pushing to do more often, so hopefully the amount of shows we are able to do the offering for increases!

Anytime it is offered we do a social post & email to alert the public.
Post 125 IP   flag post
I got screwed six ways to Sunday. sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
@Wade_Story I always did that with CGC and the 1st few years with CBCS.
So glad you guys are doing this!
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by makahuka
I don't know if Discord is the greatest idea, maybe for the forum members only. When I used Discord in school, it was the best/fastest way to get ahold of classmates and teachers. Sure this sounds like a great idea, but that might mean having a dedicated department for responding to subjects/questions. If this happens there's a chance that costs may go up in order to justify the dedication to forum members. The idea is cool, because who wouldn't want info faster. I still use Discord, but now it's so full of information and groups, it's kind of a hassle reading through all the user posts/comments etc. Just like any other social media platform to voice comments, concerns, crap and conundrums.

@makahuka It definitely has the same pros & cons of any other form of social media. It certainly would not be a requirement, and I don't think we could limit it to forum members only. Ideally, it would be established to meet the demand of a different collector. Not everyone likes to participate in the forum/reddit style, so maybe some of those would enjoy a Discord.

It would likely just be another medium for collectors to discuss the hobby, maybe with some conversation from the social team.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Registry for sure.

What are the chances of CBCS character labels like CGC? Personally, I'm not a fan but I know many do like them and I'd like CBCS to compete with CGC.

Pricing: Assuming CBCS is not inundated with submissions, introduce a permanent pricing discount based on the # of books submitted per submission. Example, submit 5-9 books get 5% discount...10-19 books get 10% discount..and so on up to a maximum 15% or 20% discount.

Promote/advertise the big grail GA/SA books that are in CBCS slabs. I saw that Batman 1(?) 4.0 book for the new label....beautiful!! More should see that and know about that. Maybe you're doing that on social media (IG, X, TikTok) but I'm only on Youtube and here so maybe point is moot.

@GAC Echoing Steve here, I enjoy the character labels to a degree, but it is not very likely at this time.

If you have not explored our social media give it a look. You can see some of the Book of the Week videos we record (we feature cool stuff that we grade in this series), and hear my annoying valley girl voice (I hate hearing myself speak). Ricketts is in a few videos discussing the label as well! I recommend Instagram personally.
Post 128 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade_Story
(I hate hearing myself speak).

You and me both. I think I was six when I first heard myself on a recording. I told my mom " I sound like a creepy weirdo" and started crying. @esaravo is the only one here who has heard my voice. Maybe he can confirm this.

Post 129 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Hey look... actual product promotion. There's some good stuff in there, nice to see the word getting out!

Post 130 IP   flag post
619266 279 30