Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Info for those with memberships before the new tier structure/increases17522

would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Took a while to get this info. so I figured I'd do what they should have done and put it on the web site.

For those who already had paid memberships before the restructuring/price increase...

Your Bronze membership gets you all the services of the current membership.
So you can submit under the various express tiers with guaranteed TATs/refunds, etc.

Your existing Fast Pass vouchers now have a cash value.
Vouchers are worth $10 in grading fees. Per usual you have to write on your invoice that you have them (they don't keep track apparently), and they will remove $10 per voucher when they bill you (keep an eye on this obviously). They no longer have any value in speeding up TATs. So you can't cut the 14 day express TAT in half, etc.

Your existing 2-day vouchers
Well... I have no clue as I don't have any remaining so I didn't ask. Was lucky to get the info I got.

This is all per someone from Beckett's customer service, today.
Hopefully they are correct.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you! $10 voucher is good to know. Just need to get the specifics of the other vouchers and I'm good.
Post 3 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Update: The original info came via email support, but today I received a call back for the voicemail I left a week or so ago. From somewhere that is not America.

For those who already had paid memberships before the restructuring/price increase...

Your current Bronze membership
email support AND phone support said:
You can submit under the various express tiers with guaranteed TATs/refunds, etc.
I would assume it also gets you the current discounts but that was not stated.

Your existing Fast Pass vouchers.
email support said:
Vouchers are worth $10 in grading fees. Per usual you have to write on your invoice that you have them (they don't keep track apparently), and they will remove $10 per voucher when they bill you (keep an eye on this obviously). They no longer have any value in speeding up TATs. So you can't cut the 14 day express TAT in half, etc.

phone support said:
This Fast Pass cash value could be $15 or $10. They just don't know.

email support said:
This was my question - The 2-day vouchers that came with bronze membership, are they a cash trade-in now? If so, for how much? Or are they still good for the original 2-day tier?

This was their response - No, these are still used for our current tiers, the Fast Pass no longer exists which is why we have the monetary exchange.
Thank you, Have a Great day!
Customer Support

So of course, since that didn't make sense, I immediately replied and asked which current tier is a 2-day voucher good for and that's when they stopped responding. And now it's the weekend..

phone support said:
The 2-day passes are worth $45 toward the new tiers. Just write on the invoice that you want to use them and they will deduct $45 (per voucher) off your invoice.

So basically, the information depends on who you ask. Shocker.
Who knows what the truth is.
Good luck in whatever submissions you send in, lol.

If email support replies next week I will report back.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Update: today I got a response to my question from a week ago about the 2-Day vouchers.

Your current Bronze membership
email support AND phone support said:
You can submit under the various express tiers with guaranteed TATs/refunds, etc.
I would assume it also gets you the current discounts but that was not stated.

Your existing Fast Pass vouchers.
email support said:

phone support said:
This Fast Pass cash value could be $15 or $10. They just don't know.

This was my question - The 2-day vouchers that came with bronze membership, are they a cash trade-in now? If so, for how much? Or are they still good for the original 2-day tier?

email support said: - No, these are still used for our current tiers, the Fast Pass no longer exists which is why we have the monetary exchange.
Customer Support

So of course, since that didn't make sense, I immediately replied and asked which current tier is a 2-day voucher good for and that's when they stopped responding. And now it's the weekend..

They responded (5/13/22):
Hello,
These will be honored using the (New or Modern) Express tier.
Customer Support

phone support said:
The 2-day passes are worth $45 toward the new tiers. Just write on the invoice that you want to use them and they will deduct $45 (per voucher) off your invoice.

More evidence that the answers depend on who you ask.
No idea why this wasn't all determined by someone who is in charge, and then put on the web site for all the clients who have active memberships. Shouldn't have to spend weeks gathering this info and getting different answers from different people. And no, I don't expect anyone to explain why they chose to ignore those who were asking the questions.

Here's the tl;dr...

To summarize what your remaining vouchers are good for:
2-Day = Either $45 off any tier, OR even exchange for New and Modern Express tiers.
Fast Pass = Either $10 off grading service OR $15 off grading service.
Post 5 IP   flag post
597866 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?