Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics ForeignQuestions

WHAT REFERENCES ARE THERE FOR LISTS OF INTERNATIONAL COMICS?20233

Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
I thought I had seen links on the CBCS boards which had detailed info about non-USA comics. Having searched what I could on the CBCS boards, though, I just can't find any detailed lists of foreign titles anywhere (or reference websites).

Are there detailed lists out there somewhere? I am going through my Australian comics now, but have titles from other countries, as well.

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
following
Post 2 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here are links to websites that I have for these countries: Brazil, Spain.

I'll see if I can dig up more. These are the two I have bookmarked.
Post 3 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
This is a link to Panini. They are the current publishers for Marvel comics across the UK and Europe. They may do other publishers too, but I'm only 100% positive that they do Marvel. The link will lead you to their main website with links to their individual country's websites.
Post 4 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Here is a link to the Society of International Comic Collectors resource thread. Full disclosure: I am in charge of that forum. Unfortunately, I've neglected it lately. I don't think I can add anything to this. I probably should have started here. LOL
Post 5 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if this will help, but the forum member, @HotKeyComics, might know something about foreign titles. Mostly knows about the major Marvel and DC foreign titles, but might have more info.

A link to a video he did. clickable text
Post 6 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Makahuka!
comics.org is the best overall site for foreign comics, they probably have about 60% of them listed, but spelling and punctuation matter when searching.
Some countries have their own sites that are more in depth for their country, some are linked above by others. Italy has a good one with comicsbox.it you just have to deal with ads, and there's ausreprints.net for Australia as well.

I specialize in these so just let me know any questions you have.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.tebeosfera.com/numeros/hombre_enmascarado_el_1958_dolar_37.html

this is the site I've used to search comics from Spain. I could really use a site to search Mexican comics as those are the ones I can more readily find in El Salvador.
Post 8 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
@SpiderTim try this ... SICC. There are three site links.

Edit - Actually, only the last one is still up. I'll correct it now.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O thanks Jeese! I already looked through it and I can't find a list of titles and issues there. I think it is a bootleg site for scans of the mexican comics but not a comprehensive database.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, everyone! I greatly appreciate the help.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm the same SGT Comics as is an admin for the SICC, https://siccforum.proboards.com/

I drifted away after posting as many references and topics as I could think of and not getting much traction, but that was about 4-6 years ago.
Post 12 IP   flag post
616097 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?