Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

Help possible water damage???:(20092

Collector TheShocker private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone first time posting on here. Just received this slab and it seems to me like it was somehow dunked in water. Im new to cbcs/graded collecting and this is my second in my collection.
Thank you all in advance.

Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
What do the grading notes say?
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Batman/The Shadow #5

DC/Dynamite10 2017

Variant: Francesco Mattina Variant
Pedigree:

Authentic
White

Signees:
Witnessed Sigs: FRANCESCO MATTINA on 10/7/2017 & SCOTT SNYDER on 4/7/2018.

Notes:
tiny spine stress some barely breaks color
tiny surface wear front cover barely breaks color
Post 3 IP   flag post
The newest signature is five years old. Did you buy it as is? Submit it yourself? Have it pressed?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Could that be puddling?

thread on this forum

thread on another foum
Post 5 IP   flag post
Never seen puddling on a CBCS slab. Front almost looks like Newton rings.

There is a scan of the book with the notes and it doesn't seem to show what OP's pictures show. However, it's small.

If the OP just bought it, I'd send it back. Something odd has happened to that book between the time it was graded and the time it came into your possession.
Post 6 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed....strange indeed...like that book went through or sat in some heavy humid climate or something.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Posted by "TheShoker".

Must be someone who shokes(?)
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DrWataon thank you for posting the notes soo fast. Yeah I just bought it from a seller online. I reached out and told him my concerns and how I believe it to be water damaged. He then replied with "that's not water damaged that's looks like a bad press job from cbcs. I'm new to slabs so I was not sure. Thank you all for your help.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I would return it. If it was wrinkled due to a bad press job, it would wrinkle fairly quickly. It's not wrinkled in the CBCS notes photo.

Post 10 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
If the seller now tells you it's from a bad press job at CBCS, had knowledge of it, and sold it without the disclaimer, that's on the seller. Start a return.
Post 11 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoker
He then replied with "that's not water damaged that's looks like a bad press job from cbcs.

CBCS didn't press this order.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

CBCS didn't press this order.

Case closed. Send it back.
Post 13 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with the send it back club 🤪
Post 14 IP   flag post
RIP thank you all.
Post 15 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
You should return it (though you got it very cheap).

Couple things, however.

First, did you ask why it was relisted so soon after initially selling? It was sold for nearly 3x what you paid just a couple weeks before you bought it.

Second, in the future I suggest asking for better photos without the mylar / poly over the slab. You could see “waves” in the listing photos but hard to tell if due to the bag or comic. The photos were truly terrible. Red flag.
Post 16 IP   flag post
No I didn't even know it was relistedaoon after I bought it dang. Yeah your right to avoid this I ahould have asked for better pics. I did read the description before buying and there was nothing about this damage/affect. It was an auction and i bid on it on the last minute. This is something that needs to be mentioned as a seller on any platform. I mean thats what I did when I would sell raw comics online a while back.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'll def do that next time though thank you
Post 18 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@TheShocker Welcome to the forum!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Doubt this would have graded a 9.4 the way it sits today. Could have been left out and exposed to the elements or a very high heat source post encapsulation. Either way, I would return it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Dang, what a bummer, and welcome to the forum.
Post 21 IP   flag post
615415 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?