Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS PressingGrading Help NeededQuestions

Grade Opinions: ASM 12919785

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’d like to hear some opinions on this one, sorry I forgot to snap a picture of the back). looks like the case was damaged (on the edge not really visible in the photo) so the seller was offering a bit of a discount. I know the grade has a slight hit due to the unwitnessed signature (Roy Thonas?) but if the witnessed sig carries over and the unwitnessed sig can be verified + a clean and press, what could you see this grading as?

The graders notes read:

staple detached bottom of cover
heavy staining to cover
moderate creasing to cover
moderate pieces out to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover
moderate tears to cover

Pressing wouldn’t fix a lot of that but it might reduce some of the creasing but it foes have a lot of color-breaking lines as well.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
I would say it’s maxed out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck I agree. Pressing might help how a bit with how it presents, but I can't see the grade changing in light of the spine, the chips and staining. Maybe you could get a 2.0, but I'd be surprised.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks! That’s about what I was thinking after seeing the notes but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

The vendor has a 3.0 for $100 and it was looking more attractive, especially since the other would need to be regraded and verified and the grade might not even bump
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Thanks! That’s about what I was thinking after seeing the notes but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

The vendor has a 3.0 for $100 and it was looking more attractive, especially since the other would need to be regraded and verified and the grade might not even bump

Is that a typo? If not, grab it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Is that a typo? If not, grab it.

No kidding, according to GPA the last 3.0 went for $720.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck @DrWatson Sorry! I meant $100 MORE

For $100 I wouldn’t even be asking questions!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector jaysonslade private msg quote post Address this user
I’d just pay the $100 more and go with the 3.0. Too many variables on a 1.8 that actually presents very closely to what a 1.5 would. But… that being said, I’m not much of a fan of signed comics, verified or not.
Post 8 IP   flag post
615415 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?