Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Pressing

Non-ink breaking spine ticks question.19494

Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Can and should CBCS press out non-cover ink breaking spine ticks? Need answers from the forum pressing illuminati on this.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@WalkinWillie - From my own experiences, CBCS can and has been successful in many cases. That said, it may not be successful depending on the ticks and comic. One may opt for a Press Screen. I have and sometimes they opt to press and sometimes they refrain from doing so.

Also, thinking you are referring to non-color breaking spine ticks right? I personally have not seen a "non-cover" ink breaking spine tick.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector codychunn private msg quote post Address this user
I have seen them smoothed out online, but not by CBCS...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
i always recommend professional pressers instead. they just do a better job (multiple pressings as needed).
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@WalkinWillie non color breaking spine bends may or not not be pressable depending on severity and the book itself.

@codychunn @multi007 CBCS won’t cross the line of crushing the shit out of our books or anything that could damage them. I appreciate that. Of my own experience of books pressed by CBCS; I trust and accept their judgment.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash I can agree that there's a level of risk with aggressive pressings. Though if i want a gentle pressing, id stick with the in-house grading companies.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@WalkinWillie Sadly - it is against forum rules for us to post presser recommendations, mostly because its competition with CBCS's pressing service.
Post 7 IP   flag post
615425 7 7
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.