Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeFor SaleKirbyPop CultureRaw Comics For Sale

TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED #16 1st Thor by Jack Kirby $40019436

Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Tales Of The Unexpected #16

Solid 3.0 book.

$400 shipped via USPS Priority within the US.

Int’l shipping is at cost, minus a $20 credit.

Cover and centerfold attached at both staples.

No restoration or conservation of any kind is present on this book, nor has this book been dry cleaned or pressed.

It’s likely pull a 4.0 if pressed.

First to reply in thread stating “ I’ll take it” gets the book.

Sale Terms:

I accept checks, money orders or Zelle. No PayPal.

International buyer must pay by Zelle.

Check/money order due 7 days from receiving my payment details via PM.

Zelle payment due within 48 hours of receiving Zelle invoice.

Order ships within 1-2 business days of check clearance (2-7 days to clear), or next business day upon receipt of money order or Zelle payment.

If we have done business before, I won’t wait for a check to clear.

Returns accepted if I am notified via DM within 48 hours of receipt of delivery of the book to the buyer.

Book must be returned in the same condition as it was shipped to the buyer.

In the unlikely event of shipping damage or shipping loss, the buyer will be made while via USPS Insurance.

Arguably the first appearance of Thor in comics, the premise is more or less the same as Journey Into Mystery 83 🍻

Price includes Priority shipping and $400 worth of insurance, within the USA.

Books ships bagged and boarded in a Mylite2 & Full Back, in a U-Line cardboard box or a MyComicShop box, with the box COMPLETELY covered in shipping tape, and double boxed in a USPS Priority Box with additional bubble wrap and shipping tape.

This will weigh 1 pound , 15 ounces- I don’t take shortcuts in packaging.

100% positive feedback as a seller on eBay can be viewed here, I rarely sell on eBay anymore.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/polaris_nuclear_submarine2020

I am going to use this board and the CGC board to list a few books, before sending them off to MyComicShop for consignment.

I will ship anywhere in the world at cost of USPS 1st Class Int’l or USPS Priority Int’l (plus exact cost of insurance) with minus a $25 credit.

My zip code is 08035, you may enter the package weight as 1 pound and 15 ounces to get a shipping quote from USPS.com, or PM me your address for a quote.

The buyer will receive the book offered in this thread, in the condition shown.

In the unlikely event of damage or loss once the boxed up book is scanned at my local USPS, the buyer will be made while with the $400 worth of insurance I will be paying for upon shipment.

I will accept a return if any restoration or conservation is detected on this book by CGC, if graded by CGC or CBCS

In that event, I would issue a refund for the $400 sale price and reimburse the buyer for the cost of CGC grading, along with the cost of any pressing work done to this book, if pressed by CCS or CFP.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
I also have a House Of Mystery #85 at MCS for sale…..make me an offer here for that book via DM, and I will take less than $400 for this book, if you want both books.

Purchase of HOM 85 would occur thru this listing, after we agree on a price.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=58460799

HOM 85 is the 1st Stone Men prototype , predates JIM #83 as well as the 3 other Stone Men prototype issues ie Tales To Astonish #6, by several years.

Also an all Kirby story and cover, just like TOTE 16 and JIM 83.

Buy both books, at a discount, and I will press the TOTE 16 and the HOM 85, at no charge.

I’ll press the TOTE 16 before shipping it, if you want to slab it and have a grade bump locked in……and I’ll press the HOM 85, though that would require shipping the HOM 85 to me after purchase and covering $25 for return shipping and insurance.

Pressing TAT on the HOM 85 would be 4 business days, same for TOTE 16.

Post 2 IP   flag post
597868 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?