Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Part II of Galen130's Sale: Copper/Modern Raw Comics---Batman Collection!!!19168

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Let's get the thread rules out of the way first...

**Payment methods accepted are cashier's check, money order, or PayPal. I won't accept personal checks, except in extreme situations. Message me first and we'll discuss it.

**All listings will include the price for Media Mail shipping (for one comic). I will ship Media Mail up to 70lbs for free, unless I can't package them safely. Then, I will ship USPS Priority Mail, with the buyer paying a portion of the cost.

**U.S. shipping only!! There are no exceptions. Sorry, Canada!!!

**No returns on products, unless they were damaged in transit. Message me pictures of the damage and we'll work together to find a solution. I'm not a grading 'expert' either, so there's no buyers remorse. If someone wants to see more scans/photos, let me know. What you see is what you get.

**Please 'quote' a listing if you want it so that I can keep track. If someone messages me to work out a deal, and we agree, 'quote' the listing in the thread so that others know. This will help me out a lot because I'm getting old and senile.

I will entertain reasonable offers, so don't hesitate to message me.

It's my intent to estimate grade/condition conservatively with all raw comics. I'm providing high-quality scans, so I won't state all the defects unless they are hard to see or on the inside.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, so this is the continuation of my first, and still active, sales thread (see link below). This time, I'm going to list all of my Batman stuff, including anything relating to Batman, i.e. Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing, etc. There will be A LOT of these comics, so this will take some time. This thread won't include Detective Comics because they are listed on page 21/22 of my first thread. There aren't many of them.

Feel free to make requests...just message me. Also, I will combine shipping for anything from both threads. Just remember to 'take' the comics in either thread, especially the first one, so that I can keep track. I'm not getting any younger, so it helps me out. SQUIRREL!!!

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Everything will be done similar to the previous thread, i.e. page condition, etc. Again, I'm grading my own collection WITHOUT including cleaning and pressing. The grade estimates will be on the conservative side.

Here's the link for the other sales thread...

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/18783/page/1/for-sale-coppermodern-raw-comics---massive-collection/

Without any further ado....

Post 2 IP   flag post
Batman #398, 2nd print (direct). This issue features appearances by Catwoman and Two-Face.

FN-, give or take; cream pages. You can see the obvious defects, including some tanning/dust shadows on the back, as well as the large name on the front written in marker. A clean/press will help, but I don't think the grade will improve.

$4

Post 3 IP   flag post
I have two copies of this issue, but I'm listing them separately because of the difference in defects.

Batman #414, 1st print (newsstand). This issue features the death of Kate Babcock.

VF-, or better; cream to off-white pages. A clean/press will help this one, especially a press.

$5

Post 4 IP   flag post
Batman #414, 1st print (newsstand). This issue features the death of Kate Babcock.

VF+, or better; cream to off-white pages. This copy will also benefit from a clean/press, but the defects are much milder.

$6

Post 5 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
PM sent
Post 6 IP   flag post
Batman #415, 1st print (newsstand). This issue is a Millennium, Week 2 tie-in. It features numerous Batman villains.

VF, or better; cream pages. Clean and press it!!!

$6

Post 7 IP   flag post
Batman #416, 2nd print (DC Comics Aren't Just For Kids!). This issue features the 1st meeting between Nightwing and Robin (Jason Todd).

VF, or better; cream pages. This one will benefit from a press.

$6

Post 8 IP   flag post
Batman #432 (direct). This issue features a cameo by Robin.

VF-, or better; cream pages. The entire cover shifts slightly on the staples…still firmly attached though. A press will help here.

$4

Post 9 IP   flag post
The next 22 listings are a sequential run, from issue #437 to #456...with the exception of two duplicates. I have newsstand copies of issues #444 and #445, the rest are direct. Buy the 'lot' of direct editions (20 comics) for $55 shipped. A few minor keys are included, which are #440 to #442...Parts 1, 3, and 5 of 'A Lonely Place of Dying'.

Otherwise, they are priced individually as listed.

To complicate matters, I have the entire 'A Lonely Place of Dying' storyline, which is the three comics above, plus New Titans #60 and #61. I don't have scans of those yet, so if anyone is interested in these 5 comics, message me and I'll provide scans of those two. Buy all 5 for $25 shipped.

Any questions or confusion, please message me.

*UPDATE* Issue #438 is a newsstand, but it's the only copy I have for the 'lot'.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Batman #437 (direct). This issue is Year 3, Part 2. It features an appearance by Nightwing.

FN+, maybe better; cream pages. Lots of ink-breaking spine creases and spots of wear on the corners and back cover. A press will help a bit, but I don't think the grade will improve much.

$3

Post 11 IP   flag post
Batman #438 (newsstand). This issue is Year 3, Part 3, and it features the death of ‘Boss’ Zucco.

FN/VF, or better; cream pages. There is a mild 'crunch' or finger bend that goes through the whole comic near the center of the right page edge. It will press out, but it breaks ink on the back.

$4

Post 12 IP   flag post
Batman #439 (direct). This issue is Year 3, Part 4. It features an appearance by Nightwing.

VF-, or better; cream pages. The comic would benefit from a press due to the number of light indentations, wrinkles, and edge bends on both covers.

$4

Post 13 IP   flag post
Batman #440 (direct). This issue is A Lonely Place of Dying, Part 1. It features an appearance by the New Titans.

VF, or better; cream pages. The back cover shows a few very light spots of soiling/ink transfers near the spine. A press will help this one.

$5

Post 14 IP   flag post
Batman #441 (direct). This issue is A Lonely Place of Dying, Part 3.

FN/VF, no better; cream to off-white pages. The front shows a small hole near the bottom staple, at the letter ‘M’ in ‘TM’. This affects about half the pages, but only the first couple pages have holes as well.

$4

Post 15 IP   flag post
Batman #442 (direct). This issue is A Lonely Place of Dying, Part 5, featuring the 1st appearance of Timothy Drake in the Robin costume.

VF-, or better; cream to off-white pages. Both staples show some light oxidation. A clean/press will help out here.

$8

Post 16 IP   flag post
Batman #443 (direct). This issue contains the 1st appearance of Crimesmith.

VF+, or better; cream to off-white pages. The back cover shows some roughening of the top edge, possibly due to a bad production cut.

$4

Post 17 IP   flag post
Batman #444 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Crimesmith.

FN/VF, or better; cream to off-white pages. There are a bunch of spine creases/ticks, but a press will help a bit.

$2

Post 18 IP   flag post
Batman #444 (newsstand). This issue features an appearance by Crimesmith.

FN+, or better; cream to off-white pages. The front cover shows ink-breaking creases on the top and bottom page corners, while both covers show a few spots of light ink rubs scattered around.

$2

Post 19 IP   flag post
Batman #445 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance of The Beast.

FN, maybe better; cream to off-white pages. Near the top right corner of the back, there are a couple of hard indentations that impact the last few pages of the comic. The back cover also shows some very light fingerprints near the top spine corner. A press will help a bit, but I don't see the grade going much higher.

$2

Post 20 IP   flag post
Batman #445 (newsstand). This issue features the 1st appearance of The Beast.

FN/VF, no better. This issue is in similar condition to the direct edition listed above, minus the hard indentations. In place of those are a few edge creases on the front cover that very lightly break the ink. A press will help cosmetically.

$3

Post 21 IP   flag post
Batman #446 (direct). This issue features an appearance by The Beast.

FN/VF, or better; cream to off-white pages. A clean/press will help this one. The mark on the back near the bottom left corner is from a bad production cut...I believe.

$2

Post 22 IP   flag post
Batman #447 (direct). This issue features an appearance by The Beast (The Demon).

VF, or better; cream to off-white pages (more off-white). Near the lower left corner of the front cover there is a very tiny tear that lightly breaks the ink. The back cover near the bottom staple has some light ink rubs.

$3

Post 23 IP   flag post
Batman #448 (direct). This issue is The Penguin Affair, Part 1.

VF-, or better; cream to off-white pages. A clean/press should help this one.

$3

Post 24 IP   flag post
Batman #449 (direct). This issue is The Penguin Affair, Part 3.

VF, or better; off-white pages. A clean/press will definitely help this one.

$3

Post 25 IP   flag post
Batman #450 (direct). This issue features an appearance by The Joker.

VF, or better; off-white pages. The front cover shows some very light ink wear along the top edge.

$3

Post 26 IP   flag post
Batman #451 (direct). This issue features an appearance by The Joker.

VF, or better; off-white pages. The front cover shows a few mild dings on the top edge. A press will help here.

$3

Post 27 IP   flag post
Batman #452 (direct). This issue is Dark Knight, Dark City, Part 1.

VF, or better; cream to off-white pages. There's obvious misalignment. The bottom spine corner has a very small split in the cover.

$3

Post 28 IP   flag post
Batman #453 (direct). This issue is Dark Knight, Dark City, Part 2.

FN/VF, or better; cream to off-white pages (more off-white). A clean/press will help a bit, but the back cover does show almost imperceptible tanning along the top and left edges.

$2

Post 29 IP   flag post
Batman #454 (direct). This issue is Dark Knight, Dark City, Part 3

VF-, or better; cream to off-white pages. A clean/press will help this comic.

$3

Post 30 IP   flag post
601511 624 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.